Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Cohen, Glynn, MOC to be sacked?

Post by LE18 »

I don't think it would be at all difficult to replace Cohen, Industry has many CEO, or HR, or Marketing people that can negotiate contracts, run bars, sign up Sponsors etc etc. I don't think Cohen had a Rugby background, was he from football?

As for Glynn, I dont know much about him, where did he come from, what has he achieved elsewhere?

I have a great liking for GM, as a player he was great, he had great individual, innovative skills, but I don't think his personal skills are ones that are Team skills, you have to be a genius to use them.

Cohen, read all the reports, there is someone out there who could and will replace him sooner than later!

Geordan has had several years now as an Assistant in some form or other, has he done enough to take over, or is he just in a "comfortable" place at Tigers? Sadly I don't think we could have him in charge, great bloke, but he does not seem to have developed beyond where he is, or been motivated to move on to a higher position elsewhere! :smt017
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 pm Independent article on the Web. The gyst is Tigers reduced to tame pussy cats and MOC future already in jeopardy.
Not exactly rocket science following yesterday's showing.....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 pm Geordan has had several years now as an Assistant in some form or other, has he done enough to take over, or is he just in a "comfortable" place at Tigers? Sadly I don't think we could have him in charge, great bloke, but he does not seem to have developed beyond where he is, or been motivated to move on to a higher position elsewhere! :smt017

He did try for the Cardiff Blues head coach role.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 pm Independent article on the Web. The gyst is Tigers reduced to tame pussy cats and MOC future already in jeopardy. From the quote from Rob Baxter Exeter knew some of our guys had not had enough game time pre-season and targeted the fact. This what you call doing your homework and preparing your team.
I have tried to copy the article but cannot. I got to it through BBC website
As Good As It Gets
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

We have had a succession of head coaches in recent years accompanying the decline in the team's performances. Others have advanced whilst we have at the best stood still. That would seem to indicate that all is not well within the organisation making it unattractive to the world class coaching talent we so sorely need. Radical reformation needed.
I'm not cynical just experienced
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scuttle wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:54 pm
Scuttle wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 pm Independent article on the Web. The gyst is Tigers reduced to tame pussy cats and MOC future already in jeopardy. From the quote from Rob Baxter Exeter knew some of our guys had not had enough game time pre-season and targeted the fact. This what you call doing your homework and preparing your team.
I have tried to copy the article but cannot. I got to it through BBC website
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rug ... 19256.html

If Matt O’Connor believed the pressure on him before the season began was unfair he must accept the torrent of criticism directed at Leicester Tigers for the manner of their six-try defeat at Sandy Park on Saturday.

Not a shot was fired in anger as the 10-time champion club kicked off their Gallagher Premiership season with the limpest of limp displays.

It seems extraordinary that talk of regime change at Welford Road is already high on the agenda so early in the season but so complete was Leicester’s six-try demolition by Rob Baxter’s Exeter Chiefs it is hard to see the Australian surviving if radical change doesn’t occur soon.

This defeat was not in isolation on O’Connor’s watch.

Last season Leicester failed to reach the play-offs for the first time since 2004, suffering a catalogue of humiliations in the process. Their European campaign was arguably the worst in the club’s history.

With that in mind, the best-supported and most successful English rugby club of the professional era desperately needed a clear and present sign that the summer had not been wasted.

Eighty minutes into the new season and the only signs around Welford Road now are warning ones.

Tigers were outplayed in every single department and their under-pressure head coach knew it.

"We have to fix the things that are not up to speed, we have to be better at the set piece and look after the ball better,” O’Connor said. “We have to get ourselves into scoring positions – there were very few rucks at the Exeter end today."

In the old days if Leicester were :censored:, at least they were nasty.

Here, at Sandy Park they rolled over like pussy cats who’d drunk too much cream.

Their once-vaunted pack were completely outclassed by an Exeter eight brimming with vim, vigour and precision with No 8 Sam Simmonds bringing pace and direction to everything he did and openside flanker Matt Kvesic finally looking like the player we knew he could be.

Don Armand on the blindside was typically excellent while lock Sam Skinner and hooker Jack Yeandle were the pick of a magnificent tight-five display from the home side.

By the end, Exeter’s backs were scoring tries for fun as Leicester failed to land a single blow in the latest underwhelming performance on O’Connor’s watch.

Even a backline dripping with international calibre failed to excite as they looked disjointed, disorganised and in some cases patently unfit for purpose.

No-one would wish the plague of injuries which have cursed former England centre Manu Tuilagi in recent times upon anyone but his lack of mobility around the field on Saturday indicated he still has a long way to go before he is fit enough from the Premiership, let alone the international stage.

“We knew some of Leicester’s players hadn’t had a huge amount of game time in pre-season,” Baxter said. “It’s always a difficult balance to strike when you have a long season ahead. We know it will be a different proposition when we play them at Welford Road (in April).”

Whether O’Connor remains at the helm by then is in the balance. Tigers must improve and improve fast, starting with Newcastle at home this Saturday.

For Exeter, there are no such worries. Baxter looks to have spent his summer wisely and with Jack Nowell and new-signing Alex Cuthbert closing in on a return to fitness following recent surgery, they have firepower to add to an already potent match-day squad.

Olly Woodburn, one of six Exeter try-scorers, could face a spell on the side-lines following a nasty clash of heads late in the game with Tigers No 8 Sione Kalamafoni, making Nowell and Cuthbert’s pending return even more timely.

No team in Europe will relish the prospect of playing at Sandy Park this season. Baxter’s team are a force to be reckoned with.

Sadly, the same can no longer be said of Leicester. The 10-time champions are a shadow of their former selves and mid-table mediocrity already looks about the best their fans can hope for this season.

With Bristol’s impressive opening night win over Bath on Friday sending a warning shot across every Premiership club’s bows, a so-called “big” club could well go down this season.

It couldn’t be Leicester, could it?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 pm Geordan has had several years now as an Assistant in some form or other, has he done enough to take over, or is he just in a "comfortable" place at Tigers? Sadly I don't think we could have him in charge, great bloke, but he does not seem to have developed beyond where he is, or been motivated to move on to a higher position elsewhere! :smt017

Yes I am aware of that, didn't he get it and then decided to stay in his "comfortable" role with Tigers? Sorry I don't want to be disrespectful to a great guy, but where is his career going? :smt017
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:06 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 pm

Yes I am aware of that, didn't he get it and then decided to stay in his "comfortable" role with Tigers? Sorry I don't want to be disrespectful to a great guy, but where is his career going? :smt017
No pretty sure he didn't get, just WalesOnline thinking he did.
Wouldn't be surprised if he has eyes on getting the Tigers job on temp and then potentially trying to show those that he is good enough to be in charge and being given it full time . (Ala how Deano, Wells, Cockers etc etc have all gotten the job in the past).
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Out of the country on holidsy and refreshing a few times a day to see if the waste of space has gone yet.

Can anyone mention ANYTHING MOC has done good since he arrived?

Didn't think so...I'd take a season of rebuilding now if it meant he was gone now. My fear is we will stick with the failure that is MOC and then have to go into next season to rebuild.... in the premiership or...as much as it pains me to say it wherever we end up the longer he's allowed to lead.

The writing should not be on a wall, it should be on a billboard in neon lights. Get MOC gone, minimum.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I can think of maybe two positive achievements in MOC's tenure, a first win in the Premiership at Allianz Park and a 6 game winning streak that was the longest in sometime. In terms of the negatives, the list is countless (biggest losing run in over half a century, worst European campaign ever, one of the worst home records in recent memory etc etc etc).

Tigerbeat, say this loud and clear to your superiors, Tigers fans are not bluffing, we will act if O'Connor, Cohen and Glynn remain at the Club.
Last edited by JP14 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:06 pm I can think of maybe two positive achievements in MOC's tenure, a first win in the Premiership at Sandy Park and a 6 game winning streak that was the longest in sometime. In terms of the negatives, the list is countless (biggest losing run in over half a century, worst European campaign ever, one of the worst home records in recent memory etc etc etc).

Tigerbeat, say this loud and clear to your superiors, Tigers fans are not bluffing, we will act if O'Connor, Cohen and Glynn remain at the Club.

When did we beat Exeter at Sandy?
Lost 30-6 Last season
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:10 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:06 pm I can think of maybe two positive achievements in MOC's tenure, a first win in the Premiership at Sandy Park and a 6 game winning streak that was the longest in sometime. In terms of the negatives, the list is countless (biggest losing run in over half a century, worst European campaign ever, one of the worst home records in recent memory etc etc etc).

When did we beat Exeter at Sandy?
Lost 30-6 Last season
Wrong Park meant Allianz, corrected now :smt023
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If when/if they go, no doubt the worldwide search will suggest the DOR from Edinburgh.....
Over the past few years our player recruitment has been dodgy at best a couple of examples in comparison to the Scarlets JP Pietersen v Johnny McNicol & Denton v Blade Thompson.
All the decent coaches are tied up & therefore will cost to get & tbh who would want to come to work with it would seem restless/mutinous players.
The rot/decay is deep set now & needs something radical/new to remedy.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:06 pmTigerbeat, say this loud and clear to your superiors, Tigers fans are not bluffing, we will act if O'Connor, Cohen and Glynn remain at the Club.
What are you aiming/planning/going to do?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:35 pm If when/if they go, no doubt the worldwide search will suggest the DOR from Edinburgh.....
Over the past few years our player recruitment has been dodgy at best a couple of examples in comparison to the Scarlets JP Pietersen v Johnny McNicol & Denton v Blade Thompson.
All the decent coaches are tied up & therefore will cost to get & tbh who would want to come to work with it would seem restless/mutinous players.
The rot/decay is deep set now & needs something radical/new to remedy.
Denton played well yesterday.