Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Ahhh, Andrew Glass Jaw Sheridan, if I remember correctly Julian got first use of the Hot Water, Castro came on a mullered Glass Jaw at the scrum.
The game would be better for the odd occasional proper dust up, you never got cheats & holding on & grabbing when you had a bit of self policing, Itoje wouldn't of lasted 5mins against the likes of Deano, Ryan, Grewcock etc. Some AB forwards of the past would of certainly taken a dim view, Keith Robinson......
To win is not as important as playing with style!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I remember thinking at the time it unfair only Julian got a red, Sheridan took the first swing but missed and got floored. Red card deserved for ineptitude I thought.
I'm not cynical just experienced
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I remember very very well the extremely filthy Pontypool flanker, Philip ? Pool, flaxen haired.
Made Calum Clark look like a Saint.
Pool had caused untold damage to various Tigers players over the years
Cue Easter Monday, Welford Road, Pool already heavily damaged some Tigers unfortunate-carried off.
Near the end of the match, there was a maul, everyone scarpered, a blonde Pontypool No 6 lying prone, dead to the world.
Never to be seen again.
Deano had struck, a couple of short very hard jabs, 18 stone, you get the picture, :censored: brilliant .

How we would all pay to get him and JW back now.
Even if our current, at present ''Board'' might not agree................
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

I remember him. Can't think of his surname either. Jenkins perhaps?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Sorry it wasnt Phil Pool of Pontypool---it was Phil Pugh of Neath. Bet Deano remembers him....
beech

Post by beech »

Only 14 points out of 15 in the last 3 matches. Disgraceful sack the coach.
tf22
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Boring beach zzzzz,not heard of our new forwards coach or saw who's dominating at FH?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

beech wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:29 pm Only 14 points out of 15 in the last 3 matches. Disgraceful sack the coach.
One swallow does not make a whatever :smt030 :smt030
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:02 pm
beech wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:29 pm Only 14 points out of 15 in the last 3 matches. Disgraceful sack the coach.
One swallow does not make a whatever :smt030 :smt030
Very true, but let's be frank, we'd have taken this three or four weeks ago - regardless of how it arrived!
beech

Post by beech »

So disappointing that some cannot give MOC any credit. I'm sure that the new forwards coach has made a difference but to think that he has made a total improvement in a couple of weeks baggers belief. For goodness sake give credit to everyone involved. The fact that Manu is approaching match fitness and Telusa is back cannot be put down to the new coach.
tf22
beech

Post by beech »

I think this is more than one swallow.
tf22
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Back play is no different than anything I have seen all season. What is different is that the backs are getting more and quicker ball secured by the forwards. As good a coach as Mr Bakewell may prove to be, fact remains that MOC wasted this season to sign him. Only time will tell if this sacrifice was worth it, especially if we finish out of europe!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pmfact remains that MOC wasted this season to sign him.
Did he? Maybe having identified the guy he wanted for the job, he pulled off a blinder by getting Brizzle to release him him half a season early, instead of for start of next season.

Then I would say we would have definitely been out of top 6 this season.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pm Back play is no different than anything I have seen all season. What is different is that the backs are getting more and quicker ball secured by the forwards. As good a coach as Mr Bakewell may prove to be, fact remains that MOC wasted this season to sign him. Only time will tell if this sacrifice was worth it, especially if we finish out of europe!
I get confused on this lack of back play argument - stats provided on another thread show under MOC we out scored every team in each of his 3 seasons here last time around.

The argument back is that we don’t do anything different in our back play and rely on moments of magic from TV, Toomua or Manu but then everyone seems in agreement that Rob Baxter is the DOR we should get and Exeter are the team we should play like and it’s fair to say that they don’t “do anything different” in back play

As far as I can work out we should play like “old tigers” but not win solely through forward power cause we want backs to score. Instead, we should do what Exeter do but also do something different to they do which (admittedly not as well) isn’t far off what we are trying to do which is win the gain line time and time again and get men around the corner.

Aside from Wasps and whatever it is Harlequins try to do I don’t see any team in the Premiership that does “anything different” in back play it’s just that Exeter and Sarries do it better than anyone else cause they win collisions and win the gain line more effectively than any other team.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:24 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pm Back play is no different than anything I have seen all season. What is different is that the backs are getting more and quicker ball secured by the forwards. As good a coach as Mr Bakewell may prove to be, fact remains that MOC wasted this season to sign him. Only time will tell if this sacrifice was worth it, especially if we finish out of europe!
I get confused on this lack of back play argument - stats provided on another thread show under MOC we out scored every team in each of his 3 seasons here last time around.

The argument back is that we don’t do anything different in our back play and rely on moments of magic from TV, Toomua or Manu but then everyone seems in agreement that Rob Baxter is the DOR we should get and Exeter are the team we should play like and it’s fair to say that they don’t “do anything different” in back play

As far as I can work out we should play like “old tigers” but not win solely through forward power cause we want backs to score. Instead, we should do what Exeter do but also do something different to they do which (admittedly not as well) isn’t far off what we are trying to do which is win the gain line time and time again and get men around the corner.

Aside from Wasps and whatever it is Harlequins try to do I don’t see any team in the Premiership that does “anything different” in back play it’s just that Exeter and Sarries do it better than anyone else cause they win collisions and win the gain line more effectively than any other team.
Given then that the old age that 'forwards win games backs decide by how many' then we could say that the lack of recruitment of a top flight forwards coach after Cockers left was a big mistake. Im not sure that blame can be laid at MOCs door.
I'm not cynical just experienced