Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by JP14 »

I’d like to see Will Evans and O’Connor rotated every few games, similar to how Saracens rotate Spencer and Wigglesworth
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I don't think Evans will get much of a look in, likely Denton, Thompson and O'Connor at 6, 8 and 7.
Thompson can cover 7 if O'Connor is not available, and Denton can do 8, with Kalamafoni and Williams also in the mix for 8 and blindside.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:41 am I don't think Evans will get much of a look in, likely Denton, Thompson and O'Connor at 6, 8 and 7.
Thompson can cover 7 if O'Connor is not available, and Denton can do 8, with Kalamafoni and Williams also in the mix for 8 and blindside.
We know that Bakewell knows his bread and butter, therefore must realise Evans potential and utilise it.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

JP14 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:00 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:41 am I don't think Evans will get much of a look in, likely Denton, Thompson and O'Connor at 6, 8 and 7.
We know that Bakewell knows his bread and butter, therefore must realise Evans potential and utilise it.
:smt023 Blind man...galloping horse...etc
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Not really having this weakened Sarries malark.

We were missing:

Genge, Cole, Barrow, May, Owen went off, Youngs, Ford.

30% of the first 23 IMO.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiger93 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:31 pm Not really having this weakened Sarries malark.

We were missing:

Genge, Cole, Barrow, May, Owen went off, Youngs, Ford.

30% of the first 23 IMO.
Yes but Sarries were missing a back to back Champions Cup winning pack!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:04 pm
Who knows, but Evans can hardly get a game now so what chance with Thompson and Denton added!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

BFG wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Who knows, but Evans can hardly get a game now so what chance with Thompson and Denton added!
I don't believe any of the others match O'Connor or Evans as an openside flanker. On that basis, they should compete for the shirt and accept that 'form' together with injury and rotation will determine who plays when. I would think any professional rugby player would welcome such an arrangement given that it would almost certainly prolong their career.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Denton isn't an openside and certainly got nowhere near the breakdown at the weekend so is unlikely to be deployed there. Thompson can cover openside but I think MOC has learnt his lesson and will go with a natural fetcher, particularly as Bakewell seems to like our forwards to attack the breakdown.

In BOC, Evans and young Reffel coming through we have got players who can certainly contest.

Does anyone know if Evans is fit again yet?
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 pm
Denton isn't an openside and certainly got nowhere near the breakdown at the weekend so is unlikely to be deployed there. Thompson can cover openside but I think MOC has learnt his lesson and will go with a natural fetcher, particularly as Bakewell seems to like our forwards to attack the breakdown.

In BOC, Evans and young Reffel coming through we have got players who can certainly contest.

Back for Wasps.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Yes I do know that Denton isn't an open side, thanks for stating the obvious! :smt015
Thompson is an open side, he is quality and will get in ahead of Evans at 7 if BOC is not available in my opinion and why, because of topics titled such as this one!
Reffel is nowhere near in my opinion, as are most of the U20's!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Thompson isnt an openside,he's played there but he's a far better 8. Using him at 7 would be a mistake by MOC.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:06 pm Thompson isnt an openside,he's played there but he's a far better 8. Using him at 7 would be a mistake by MOC.
Salvi seems to think Thompson should be playing for England at 7.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

That's his opinion and its a lot more important than mine coming from a superb player but BOC is a far better traditional 7 than GT who is more of a running threat in space and in traffic. He's played his best games at 8 for Wasps and I believe he's much better there, just my opinion of course. If MOC is thinking of rotating both then its a waste! Thompson can be an impact player or start at 8 with Kala or Williams at 6.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Does a win not count if the opposition has any injuries in their squad?