Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by TigerCam »

Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Any Tigers coach that blames a tough run of games as a reason for poor performance is clutching at straws. Furthermore his sighting of the loss of Ryan our most ineffective forward bar none, just proves he is deluded.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sapajo wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:01 pm Any Tigers coach that blames a tough run of games as a reason for poor performance is clutching at straws. Furthermore his sighting of the loss of Ryan our most ineffective forward bar none, just proves he is deluded.
Tough games at any time during the season but six in succession is really tough....the loss of players to injury did not help.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Yes , I was surprised to read that . Yes , there have been injuries but I would have thought not quite so many and serious than in other years .
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Let's be honest, MOC took over a squad on the slide, Leicester didn't lose 0-43 at home to Glasgow by chance, nor were several other results freakish at all, there was a consistency quite apparent long before MOC came back!
They had a bad start against Bath but then picked it up quite well, then came the acid test with a couple of injuries (to be expected) and a strong block of fixtures (again expected) and boom, the soft underbelly was exposed!
No big surprise given all of the circumstances in my opinion but very far from being all MOC's fault!
I don't suppose that he has seen everything that we have in recent years, he would've been quite busy concentrating on working elsewhere!
I'm sure he'd like to rectify it as soon as possible but unfortunately the competition for top signings is very intense!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The only positive is that it sounds like a change to the coaching set up is going to be announced soon.

Not quite sure what effect missing Ryan had - even in the games he played it looked like he was missing!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Regardless of injuries etc FACT is he's gone backwards in Europe and the AP,positions,points and only one win instead of two are there in black and white!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Yep we get it rugbyflanker - you don’t like MOC. We also get that ellis9 doesn’t like Farrell and has some weird fixation with other people’s issues with kick off times such that he needs to bring it into completely unrelated threads , or start them himself. We also get that Roly doesn’t think that YBY is world class and that Eddie can do no wrong BUT it’s boring guys. Please leave the axes that need grinding at the door of the forum and debate - if the debate is about MOC ( and you are not repeating yourself) or if it’s about kick off times (god help us) or about YBY or Farrell or Eddie then fine (but please don’t repeat yourselves) - pretty sure I am not the only one who is getting bored of the constant axe grinding. Thanks. Counting down to getting shutdown by the usual suspects
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Then why are you in the MOC to be sacked thread?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Exactly mol2 haha!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Because its a forum and I want to read others opinions and points of view on a variety of subjects including this one - I would have thought that was obvious but clearly this needs to be explained to some people as maybe they don't quite get it.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 pm Because its a forum and I want to read others opinions and points of view on a variety of subjects including this one - I would have thought that was obvious but clearly this needs to be explained to some people as maybe they don't quite get it.
Maybe that is why ellis, Roly, rugbyflanker, etc. have to keep repeating themselves... as people just don't get it.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Some of us repeat ourselves because maybe others weren't around when we were saying the same things a few years ago. With totally different takes on Cockers, the one thing that united us was that the BoD wasn't providing the £££ to keep up especially in the coaching department, but also in trying to counter the two/three teams buying talent while schmoozing McCaffrey. My hobbyhorse was MOC, based on seasons of going to most matches and observing our back play, and being schooled in the likely decline of Tigers by two pro players (one being Zac Feaunati), both of them being pretty-well 100% correct.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I tried to stop myself but I just couldn't.

Farrell is poor.

Ben Youngs is world class

People need to stop moaning about kick off times. We have known for years that they are on different days and times. Get over it.

Cockerill is a quality DOR that should still be Tigers DOR.

"Exciting" rugby isn't the way we should be trying to play. Our success wasn't built on this and no team has won the Premiership playing this way. I said this when Mauger was brought in and so far have been proved 100% correct.

There, I think that's everything!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

For what my opinion is worth, MOC won't be getting sacked this season. That would mean the BOD didn't complete a search to the ends of the earth to get the right man. Generally people in power don't like to admit mistakes.
I, personally, in moments of calm, don't blame MOC. As someone posted earlier, he wasn't in charge when we had our Bath capitulations or last seasons European humiliations. We needed new blood just before Cockers left, but that didn't happen. Our performances have improved but there isn't just a lack of fight and fundemental heart.
After the Wasps game, which showed just how poor we are in the lower levels, leads me to think that we need a full rebuild. Bottom to top. There is no point in building from the top down. I know that the wasp team was more senior than ours but they looked a team with a pack and back moves.
We are likely to have some rubbish seasons but at least it will put us in good standing in the future.
Finally, I don't think the BOD do a bad job, the search aside. We have a club that is financially stable with plans for the future with hotels and a stadium that fits 26k.
I think the club is at a low playing place, with talks of players leaving due to fights but at least we are financially stable for the future.
As a poster with a far better insight into the club than me would say...keep the faith.
There is never any points for 2nd place...