Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by LE18 »

Guy Noves anyone? Robespierre or Le Stade fan, what do you think? Wouldn't harm us to learn a bit more French, saying that learning a little more English might not be too bad either. :smt045

Regarding a forwards coach, anyone else think, like me, no one wants the job because of our HC, even Geordan is leaving, he is Tigers through and through, yes I know the smoke screen says its a step up at Cardiff! We have also sacked so many coaches lately, there is not even a limited amount of job security that a new coach could confidently believe he will get!
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

I've just read MOC's latest comments written on the BBC Sport website taken from an interview with BBC Radio Leicester, I doesn't instil confidence that a master plan is about to unfold:

"The noise outside the environment is something you can't control."

Yes you can, you control it through performances on the pitch; the 'noise' absolutely correlates to the quality of performances.

"But you can't do anything about it except work harder and make sure you get it right at the weekend."

Again yes you can, simply working hard time after time and expecting a different result is madness. Perhaps throw in starting 15 personnel changes, tactical changes, alternative training methods, etc. If I used that line on my line manager following repeat clangers then I'd be up the road.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

For the record I was not a witness to Ventner's incident with a lady Tiger's supporter but I have spoken to the lady concerned and to others who witnessed the incident and I completely believe their version of the event. I have less time for so called professionals who disrespect paying fans than I do for those who are trying their best but maybe not achieving quickly enough the success that we fans expect.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

If we are throwing out names of top coaches currently out of on pitch coaching roles then also in the Italy set-up with Venter is Wayne Smith. Having stepped down from the NZ set-up and following an unfortunate fight with prostate cancer he has joined the Italy set-up in a mentoring role to Connor O'Shea and Mike Catt.

He has spoken about coaching in England again before, if a new head coach is being looked for then I can't think of a better man for the job.

White as head coach, Plumtree as forwards coach with Geordie and Brett taking care of attack and defence below them and learning from those two would be a dream position from a coaching perspective.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Any chance Rowntree would ever leave Quins for us?
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

LE18 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:05 pm Guy Noves anyone? Robespierre or Le Stade fan, what do you think? Wouldn't harm us to learn a bit more French, saying that learning a little more English might not be too bad either. :smt045
Guy Noves looks a lot younger than Matt O'Connor, so could give more years of service.
Or is it that Matt looks as rough as a badgers Rs? :smt002
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Clowbeck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:51 pm I've just read MOC's latest comments written on the BBC Sport website taken from an interview with BBC Radio Leicester, I doesn't instil confidence that a master plan is about to unfold:
Here is the full BBC article -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42719788 :smt017
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

No no....Matt, you need to listen to the noise mate, as that’s what makes you and the “group” and the “environment” better, because you realise how bad you are as a “group”.
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Seen a 'group' of the players in a certain Italian in Hinckley last night. Rizzo, Ryan, Genge, Balmain, Polota-Nau and a couple others. They looked happy enough!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Tiger93 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:43 am Seen a 'group' of the players in a certain Italian in Hinckley last night. Rizzo, Ryan, Genge, Balmain, Polota-Nau and a couple others. They looked happy enough!
We can but hope they'd ordered pith and vinegar.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Judging by Rizzo's instagram story, they were drinking! Cant blame them to be fair.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It's still allowed for the players and coaches to enjoy their lives, even though all is not well at work. They are human beings...
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'd be more concerned if our players couldn't enjoy each other's company.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

chewbacca wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:43 am I'd be more concerned if our players couldn't enjoy each other's company.
I dunno, professional sport isn't a popularity contest, its about doing a job and winning. Sometimes, being all lovey dovey with each other can be counter-productive. There have been successful teams that thrived on the niggle between individual team members.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Team building. Easier to die for somebody you like than for someone you would rather kill.
I'm not cynical just experienced