Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by WhitecapTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:49 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm There's some chatter on Twitter about MOC, Boris and Brett all getting the bullet. Not sure why they'd jettison Boris. Our scrum has been one of our more effective areas of late.
A few people have heard this the only possible reason i can think off is we have a Head coach lined up and he wants to bring in his own guys.
Mallinder always was loyal to Dorian........
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm There's some chatter on Twitter about MOC, Boris and Brett all getting the bullet. Not sure why they'd jettison Boris. Our scrum has been one of our more effective areas of late.
Geordan's having a clear out before he takes over :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

If we sacked Brett and Stanko and bring West in I'd loose the little faith I still have in the board :smt009
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

If it happened,i think id have a break and concentrate on Super Rugby,it would be a disgrace!
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Bringing in Dorian West we would have succeeded in finding the only possible coach who could make us worse than we currently are.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 pm If we sacked Brett and Stanko and bring West in I'd loose the little faith I still have in the board :smt009
yeh if they go for West over stanko and deacon then that will be the straw that breaks this camels back.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Ged Glynn? Never heard if him . Is he Mr Anonymous at Welford Rd? If he has been there for while then his contribution has been anonymous
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

rocktop51 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:15 pm Ged Glynn? Never heard if him . Is he Mr Anonymous at Welford Rd? If he has been there for while then his contribution has been anonymous
Sadly that says more about you than Ged Glynn. Even more sadly, based on the comments here too many people are happy to call for the sacking of people they dont have the first clue about, whether that's Ged Glynn or Simon Cohen. Too many keyboard warriors here for my liking. Despite the poor state of current team performance I have no reason to believe the Board will be quite so stupid as to act on the faux outrage of people who cant even be bothered to know anything about their targets.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Well the board were stupid enough to hire MOC so why not?! Unless you genuinely believe it was a good appointment? And if so why?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

After a run of straight defeats the team was never going to play flawless free flowing rugby against LI. The win hopefully restores a bit of confidence, and they need to kick on from there.

Too soon to sack MOC.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I would always say too soon to sack MOC, however, the team appears to have lost confidence in him already and it’s only half a season gone.

He didn’t succeed at Leinster and I always said give him time to prove himself. But he has shown that he simply isn’t up to the job, every target set for him he fails. TBP win was needed at the weekend and once again we came up short. Give Murphy and Deacon a go for the rest of season, it literally can’t be any worse than it is at the minute. Some people need to grow a pair, admit they made the wrong appointment, get rid of MOC and move on quickly.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

My opinion as well - get rid now - give Murphy & Deacon a go . The Anglo Welsh teams in the Autumn at least had a bit of fight .
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:49 pm
A few people have heard this the only possible reason i can think off is we have a Head coach lined up and he wants to bring in his own guys.
That would be Jim Mallinder then? :smt043
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

On Facebook, appears that MOC is ok for now with suggestions of a forward coach coming in. Club should confirm if and when official.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Surely if the current coaching setup is not good enough, Murphy and Deacon are not the answer?

The team's handling has been awful lately, so why promote the skills coach?

The consensus seems to be that the playing squad is good, the coaches are good, but MOC is an idiot and causing all the coaches and players to look bad (even though they looked equally bad before he arrived). I am truly baffled.

Yes, the team of the last 18 months has been the worst I've seen at Tigers. There are many constants through that period, and none of them are MOC. Anyone who thinks sacking MOC will turn the club around is utterly blind to the size of the problem.

The eventual answer may indeed be to sack MOC (although certainly not yet), but if and when that conclusion is reached, it will need to be part of far more widespread changes. Maybe MOC is not the right man for his job, but I can tell you with certainty that there a large number of other individuals in the coaching and playing ranks who are most definitely not the right men for their jobs.

If anyone thinks sacking MOC will turn Barrow, Kitchener, Hamilton, Kalamafoni and B O'Connor into world beaters, or even a top four Premiership unit, they are living in a fantasy land. Say hello to the unicorns for me.

Show me a successful rugby team without a strong 4-8. Nope? Exactly. Until that area is sorted we won't compete near the top of the Premiership or European Cup.