Post by Robespierre »

Vern Cotter to replace him?
Semper in excretia
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:24 am Vern Cotter to replace him?
I'd take Vern Troyer at the moment if it stopped all this speculation :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

I expect sackings and its not MOC or GG but expect a clear out of players at the end of the season. Some very unpopular exits too but as I have said previously if guys are there just to pick up a pay check..get rid.

Our BOD is quite well balanced so I don't see any changes there and the Academy is now functioning well thanks to the coaching staff and also GG who worked hard to tie up the partnership with Loughborough University. SC has done a great job on the financial front so its basically only our first team that is under performing. Unfortunately and understandably it is essential that the first team performs as that in essence is Leicester Tigers, we not only want to win but expect to win and win well.....
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

NONAME wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:38 am GG who worked hard to tie up the partnership with Loughborough University. .
Sorry, but Ged Glynn is head of rugby operations. We are without a forwards coach a need which is now critical and we have an incredibly unbalanced squad.

As head of rugby operations it is him who should be falling on his sword, and whoever decided to have him as effective DoR in all but name.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Better be careful concerning a forwards coach latest rumour is they we are after Dorian Go West. :smt022
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

The rumours surrounding MO'C's supposed departure; Dom Barrow's imminent move to Sale; Noddy's return from Franklin's Gardens etc etc etc may all be true or the figment of someone's fevered imagination. (Most likely, they've all been started by RugbyInsideLine and picked up by lazy journalists like Fissler...but what do I know?)

The only thing that really concerns me is that if I was Dom Barrow or Ellis Genge or Will Evans and I was writing a list of what was most important to me right now in terms of developing my career - A GREAT FORWARDS COACH AT MY CLUB would be right at the top.

We stand to lose a lot more than top 4 or top 6 if this isn't rectified...and quickly.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

There must be a long list of 70-year-old ex Rugby coaches dying to come in (no pun intended).
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TTRITH wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:09 pm
NONAME wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:38 am GG who worked hard to tie up the partnership with Loughborough University. .
Sorry, but Ged Glynn is head of rugby operations. We are without a forwards coach a need which is now critical and we have an incredibly unbalanced squad.

As head of rugby operations it is him who should be falling on his sword, and whoever decided to have him as effective DoR in all but name.
They have carefully not given Ged Glynn the title of DOR. I suspect he doesn't have any real say over the coaching of the first team. The rest of the playing sides and the recruitment yes but as the board appointed MOC and he picked his own backroom staff it would severely rock the boat for an administrator to change that backroom staff.

Now if MOC has asked for a forwards coach and Ged Glynn has been tasked with acquiring one and failed that's a different matter. The rumours and from what MOC said when he arrived point more to the fact that MOC doesn't want a forwards coach.
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Think he is the only one who doesn't.... but to get a Top Class Forwards Coach halfway through the season is near impossible so my guess is, we have what we have and stuck with it till the end of the season. Maybe MOC is saying he doesn't want one until the right guy becomes available however seeing how the forwards played against LI from the 5m line a side not known for their defence I think we may need a miracle worker and 2 very large South Seas Islanders currently playing in France??
nasher

Post by nasher »

I concur with JG, we are such a mess. We may soon be the most financially secure team in the championship.those responsible for sacking Cockers should be sacked now, players,coaches and directors. Mauger was a waste of time and money and MOC even worse. We may have devasting backs who when it gets tough kick the ball to the opposition and the pack has no "grunt" to win the ball so the lack of a game plan is of no consequence. I can think one former coach who will appalled at what we gave become.
Rant over,
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

sapajo wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:24 pm Better be careful concerning a forwards coach latest rumour is they we are after Dorian Go West. :smt022
I read that and my heart dropped even further!! I guess it is a done deal, jobs for the old boys and no vision from the BoD?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

There's some chatter on Twitter about MOC, Boris and Brett all getting the bullet. Not sure why they'd jettison Boris. Our scrum has been one of our more effective areas of late.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm There's some chatter on Twitter about MOC, Boris and Brett all getting the bullet. Not sure why they'd jettison Boris. Our scrum has been one of our more effective areas of late.
...and that Barrow is joining Sale with immediate effect because he's had a run-in with Cole or OTY; and Noddy is coming here from FG; and Deano's contract is due to expire in the summer; and there's a guy in the Burbage chip shop swears he's Elvis!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Stanko? I hope not!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm There's some chatter on Twitter about MOC, Boris and Brett all getting the bullet. Not sure why they'd jettison Boris. Our scrum has been one of our more effective areas of late.
A few people have heard this the only possible reason i can think off is we have a Head coach lined up and he wants to bring in his own guys.