Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by trendylfj »

I am beginning to see some similarities with RC's tenure with the same result.

1. Failure to give some players a chance when a lot of people believe they are better than the incumbent.

a lot of people think some of the following should be in the 23 - Holmes, Wells, Hamilton etc

2. Apparent refusal to change track when on field problems arise.

plan A not working so change to 5 mins of pick and drive/fast ball rather than structured forwards play

3. Difficulty in understanding that supporters do matter.

Recent statements about the only people who are important are in the dressing room

4. Doesn't appear to be a good listener or accept advice given.

Gives me the impression the he believes he is right and knows best

This is just my opinion and I know others will have different ones.
Hehehehehehehehe
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

It is painful to watch us endure another transitional year but clearly coaches want to select their own squad and that takes time. As the pressure to get points mounts then it tends toward conservatism resulting in few opportunities for fringe players. Personally I don't see Wells has done much wrong when given the chance likewise Worth. MOC clearly sees the inclusion of these players as high risk. At some point conservatism may tend towards desperation perhaps giving some fringe players a chance to shine or fail in a struggling side. Not the best of circumstances. So potentially MOC needs to be given another couple of years or let go now so his replacement can begin restructuring.
Last edited by chewbacca on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not cynical just experienced
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I advocated Milton Haig last year and the year before - just love this guy's take on the game but we have no chance until after the WC. Here is a recent quote - And coaching back in New Zealand isn't in the Haig play book either

"In the long run I can see myself being in Europe for at least six years. There are too many opportunities up there and they're always coming up," he said.

So it means two more years in Georgia and then four years contracted to a team or country either in Europe or maybe Japan."
Hehehehehehehehe
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Mike Ford is in the big stand today, could he be weighing up whether to say yes if offered a job?
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Mike Ford there again? What have i been saying?!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Mike ford has been a regular he watches his sons, I would be amazed if we consider him.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

We employed MOC so why not?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Because we already knew MOC as a coach and it was a safe choice for the board.

Doubt we would’ve signed MOC if he hadn’t coach us before. (Which says a lot).
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Tigers need a top class forwards coach, until there is one in place nothing will change.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Simple answer - yes please
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:10 pm Simple answer - yes please
Plus 1
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

My prediction, for what it's worth, is Geordan as coach within the week.

Todays performance showed me (and those around me) that the side has lost self-belief. Confidence has gone, and this has to be a coaching issue. I believe that MOC has lost the dressing room, if he ever had it, and he has to go. It pains me to say so, but the body language of the team at FT spoke volumes.
Last edited by loretta on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:22 pm Tigers need a top class forwards coach, until there is one in place nothing will change.
I seriously doubt that anyone wants to work with him, I agree with a lot of Trendy's views on him! (incidentally is he fit enough to be a coach?)
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

loretta wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 pm My prediction, for what it's worth, is Geordan as coach within the week.

Todays performance showed me (and those around me) that the side has lost self-belief. Confidence has gone, and this has to be a coaching issue. I believe that MOC has lost the dressing room, if he ever had it, and he has to go. It pains me to say so, but the body language of the team at FT spoke volumes.
I was one who said MO'C should be given at least until the end of the season to prove his worth and whilst I still believe that any person should be given a reasonable length of time to fix something that was, and is still, broken, I wouldn't be objecting too strenuously if there was a Directing/Managerial/Coaching change for the reasons you give Loretta with one minor adjustment - the body language of some, if not many, of the players spoke volumes long before FT!

Problem is, even if MOC is given the bullet and Geordan (or someone else) takes temporary charge - if the problem is 'within' the player group that may not provide any solution.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

The news going around is that breaking news is imminent!