Season over?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RichG
Tiger Cub

Re: Season over?

Post by RichG »

Looking at the remaining fixtures I can see us getting as little as another 15 points based on current form of all teams. Top 4 (& possibly top 6) could be near on impossible by the end of February.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I wonder how much revenue the club will lose with lost season ticket sales next month?!!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Not to mention every neutral or fan with no club affiliation sprinting over to the Ricoh!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Why would the club lose money on season tickets? Supporters shouldn't stop turning up now things aren't going well.

Talk about fickle.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Nonsense Ellis! Its not a one way street. Fans deserve more,its not a cheap day out anymore. Dont you dare call supporters who dont wanna go anymore fake fans which is what you are insinuating,thats wholly unfair!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:27 pm Nonsense Ellis! Its not a one way street. Fans deserve more,its not a cheap day out anymore. Dont you dare call supporters who dont wanna go anymore fake fans which is what you are insinuating,thats wholly unfair!
I'll call them what I believe they are! I have never understood and will never understand why you would firstly stop showing your support to the team that's in your heart and secondly, even consider changing allegiances, let alone actually then start supporting another team. That is fickle. So that's what I will call people that do it.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Ok Ellis,its wrong but i respect your opinion. And its not 6 games,its nigh on 5 years weve been going downhill,i admire and respect the fans that HAVE kept going but sometimes enoughs enough! I wont say a bad word against a single fan who decides not to renew,in fact i salute them!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:34 pm Ok Ellis,its wrong but i respect your opinion. And its not 6 games,its nigh on 5 years weve been going downhill,i admire and respect the fans that HAVE kept going but sometimes enoughs enough! I wont say a bad word against a single fan who decides not to renew,in fact i salute them!
How noble of you.

I, on the other hand will criticise fans that decide not to turn up as they only want to see success.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

As someone used to say.... KEEP THE FAITH!!
For next season
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

When was the last time we had success,bar the Mickey Mouse cup? You dont think fans have done well putting up with this mess for nearly 5 years?
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:42 pm As someone used to say.... KEEP THE FAITH!!
For next season
As some would say FAITH is defined as belief without proof. Much akin to HOPE not being a strategy. I don't see much evidence of any proof or any strategy.
I'm not cynical just experienced
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:44 pm When was the last time we had success,bar the Mickey Mouse cup? You dont think fans have done well putting up with this mess for nearly 5 years?
Let's face it how many fans only started watching after our four domestic and two European wins years ago.
Tigers have always had peaks and troughs. We're in a deep trench at present and looks like a struggle to get out but I'm a Tiger through and through and will go week in week out to watch.
We will rise again.........
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:44 pm When was the last time we had success,bar the Mickey Mouse cup? You dont think fans have done well putting up with this mess for nearly 5 years?

I'm sure people are annoyed at the most successful English club having not won a title since 2013. However, that does not mean people stop turning up because if it.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

If one believed that fundamental change was needed then what catalyst for that change can we invoke. Repeatedly turning out only reinforces belief that change is not needed. I guess its a question of evolution v revolution. I don't have the lifespan left for evolution. :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:22 pm Why would the club lose money on season tickets? Supporters shouldn't stop turning up now things aren't going well.

Talk about fickle.
Fickle?! Costs me a grand in travel costs and ST alone to follow the Tigers. Its a 3 hour trip up, 3 hour trip home. That doesn't include refreshments or away trips.

Why on earth should I continue to hand money over to a club who have obvious problems but aren't addressing them.

I love this club and I will continue to love this club however I'm recently married and planning to start a family and buy a house. I come home from games :censored: off and upset why should I continue to give up my time and money when the players on the pitch seem less bothered about a loss than I do in the stand?!

Everyone has different reasons for stopping going to matches and that gives you no right to call people fickle if they choose to walk away.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100