Can it get any worse? Yes.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Can it get any worse? Yes.

Post by Rugbyflanker »

What is everyones thoughts on MOC for next season? I would just about give him a chance if he finished outside the top 4 but would pull the trigger if the unthinkable happens and we fail to qualify for the RCC!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:33 pm Given the way results are going tonight we could be 9th on Sunday night.
9th on Saturday night. Tomorrow is another game, it could 'euphoria Monday' :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

If/when we lose tomorrow its our worse run since 1965!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

No need to worry, Saints and Leicester are simply in preparation for the future that is professional tag rugby!
The grasping at thin air tackle technique will be all the rage in a few years!
Props will be on adverts for hair products and scrum halves will be endorsing deodorant products, from which them constantly raising their arms will no longer lead to all the forwards collapsing to the floor!
All more likely than Leicester not qualifying for the Champions Cup! :smt017
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Stranger things have happened. Its a very tight league,worse case scenario should be 6th though behind Chiefs,Sarries,Wasps,Gloc and Bath. Even that could be argued as sack worthy though!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Confounding Tigers position is their lack of bonus points. Bath are 6th with the same amount of wins and Sale above us with one less win than us. If we’d picked up a couple of LBP we would be in a much better position.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I hope I’m wrong, but tomorrow would be a big ask if we were on top form, so anything points wise would be huge in the grand scheme of things. Looking at the upcoming Aviva Premiership fixtures, it makes for tough reading....

Irish (H) - 5 points a must
Glos (A) - 6 Nations players out - Glos unbeaten at home
Quins (H) - as above and a must win
Saracens (A) - as above...tough at the best of times
Worcester (A) - as above....tricky
Wasps (H) - 6 Nations players back
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

15 points max out of those games for me.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Just to get things in perspective, I've done some analysis going back to 2005 (sad I know but that's what happens when forced to take time off over Christmas/New Year :smt013) and I have awarded points based on where Tigers finished in the tables and how they did in the play-offs reached, absolute max is 35 points if first and win everything.

Last year we finished 4th in the AP lost the playoff, 3rd in the EPCR pool and won the LV= Cup which came to 17 points. Best ever season (2006/2007) was 30 points.

This year I'm predicting 10/12 points making it easily the worst season since 2005/2006 The previous worst was 16 points (2013/2014). Marcel Loffreda season was 18 points #justsaying.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

If we don't reach the champions cup maybe we can excel in the 2nd tier competition. New places to visit possibly....
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It can get worse, it can get better.

Isn't that unpredictability the enjoyment of sport?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:23 pm If/when we lose tomorrow its our worse run since 1965!
And there it is, yet another record broken. :smt013

Another record coming up is not making the AP playoffs for the first time ever.

Sorry but I've seen enough, MoC has been a disaster and needs to catch the plane back to Aus. Also need to get rid of Kitch and Fitz for starters, we need some proper Locks and a decent backup TH to Dan.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
RichG
Tiger Cub

Post by RichG »

Season ticket renewal for next season looking overpriced if no Champions Cup. Seriously considering not renewing after 40 years as a season ticket holder. Will go pay per game for Premiership - it’s no longer difficult to get a ticket with a good view like it use to be 20 years ago. As a group with 4 season tickets there’s already been 3 games this season that only 3 of us could attend due to the schedule, so reckon it’ll be cheaper (and Challenge cup games on a Thursday would make it more difficult).
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

We are not renewing, but due to unpredictable health of Mrs G as much as anything. We have missed enough matches already to make individual buys better value.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

I will be cancelling my season ticket on Tuesday, after many years. I was intending to wait until after 6th January to decide, but after further consideration can't delay any further. It's a shame but life must move on, in a different way.