Tigers v Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Exeter

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerCam wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:06 pm If you want to see forwards handling skills, the Pests are doing a big number on Bath at the moment. I'm sorry to say it is great to watch!!
But then after a couple of deliberate knock ons by the same player (Marcus Watson - Wasps) in succession resulting in one, yes one, yellow card and it's Bath 14 - 19 wasps at the break.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I wonder how many people on here would complain about the poor defence if Tigers were either one of the teams playing tonight.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:33 pm
TigerCam wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:06 pm If you want to see forwards handling skills, the Pests are doing a big number on Bath at the moment. I'm sorry to say it is great to watch!!
But then after a couple of deliberate knock ons by the same player (Marcus Watson - Wasps) in succession resulting in one, yes one, yellow card and it's Bath 14 - 19 wasps at the break.
Yes but neither were in the Red zone!

Wow what a game to watch, hope Tigers players were paying attention, but defenses were suspect, but handling skills, offloads great, very exciting rugby! Launchbury was immense, in more ways than one!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Wow what a game to watch, hope Tigers players were paying attention, but defenses were suspect, but handling skills, offloads great, very exciting rugby! Launchbury was immense, in more ways than one!
Watched this back again this morning. Mrs BD was busy watching a shouty programme on telly last night.
Again refereeing? Offside in mid field? Don't just wave your arm at them sir. Ping them. Show some intent. I'm still confused about when a dummy runner is and isn't causing obstruction. Also, should Mr Watson have released the ball on being tackled.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Watched this back again this morning. Mrs BD was busy watching a shouty programme on telly last night.
Again refereeing? Offside in mid field? Don't just wave your arm at them sir. Ping them. Show some intent. I'm still confused about when a dummy runner is and isn't causing obstruction. Also, should Mr Watson have released the ball on being tackled.
[/quote]

I think it was mentioned in the commentary that he should of released it and picked it back up, but has obviously happened to fast for The ref to see, which is why I thought the tmo was there for. As for Watson’s knock ons although not in the red zone both times they where both deliberate, he was the last defender and had no chance of catching. If that’s why may got 2 he should of got 2. I think it’s evident now the refs have got to all get together and work out one set of rules and way of reffing that they’re all going to stick to so the players know where they stand.
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

We had someone (can't remember who... Thompstone? Veainu?) carded last year for a deliberate knock on on near the half way... think there was a PT awarded too!

The frustrating to me is always the apparent inconstancy e.g. why was the Worcester player not penalized for a deliberate knock on in the red zone? It wasn't even looked at!

That being said, I do agree that the red card for a second technical infringement is utterly stupid; it should be reserved solely for dangerous play. Another 10 minutes would in the bin would be sufficient; we should not be completely discouraging people from going for genuine intercept attempts (especially from anyone who actually has a chance of running the length!)

In the case of Tigers it didn't make much difference as it was in the 68th minute... Watson sent off in the first half?? Bit of a game changer there...
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:43 pm

What the heck has the score or KOs got to do with what I posted? The ability to offload and the interaction of the players was the intent. Something that is greatly lacking at WR!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Its gonna be a horror show today,good job i havnt got BT where i am. Cardiff v Scarlets for me.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm just praying we can play better than last year's shambles at Sandy Park, this time round I'd expect it with a mostly 1st-choice XV
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Jonny May to Fullback - Nick Malouf to wing - Mat Tait to the bench.

Why?

“Taity pulled up a bit sore after the bus ride down,” Matt O’Connor.

What???
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:31 pm Jonny May to Fullback - Nick Malouf to wing - Mat Tait to the bench.

Why?

“Taity pulled up a bit sore after the bus ride down,” Matt O’Connor.

What???
Read that as, he's got a long term niggle that we've been managing but hasn't responded well to several hours on the coach. Off the bench he'll have enough time to get everything loose and ready to go but we won't risk him from the off.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

What a shambles! Embarassing! Lets not travel with a spare back,absolute joke!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Today’s match day sponsor is... Vaseline
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

First scrum Harry Hair folds in and DC keeps moving so scrum crabs and we are penalised. Second scrum Hairy Harry stays straight and Exe get shunted back for the penalty.

(Correction - Hepburn)
Last edited by TomWeston on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy W

Post by Andy W »

15 mins in and Tigers yet to make it out of their half. That said, still 0-0!