At what stage....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

doublecarpet

At what stage....

Post by doublecarpet »

...does Cohen and the board take accountability for this inconsistent incoherent mess....?
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: At what stage....

Post by Scott11 »

They wont!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Given that Saracens whilst off form are arguably the best side in Europe, a loss is hardly unexpected. Every realist could have predicted the result, doesn’t make us a bad team, just they were better. No shame in that.

If we don’t make the top 4, it won’t be this game or next weeks game away to Exeter where it was lost, it would be poor losses to home against Worcester and Bath. If that is the case, then the board should be held to account.

Feel sorry for MOC, he doesn’t have a forwards coach. Given that Murphy is the skills coach, handling is awful and we’ve hardly ever been successful with him ever in the coaching set up. Only got the gig cos he was an ex-Tigers great.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

The persistent tigers inbreeding is killing us!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

doublecarpet wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:03 pm ...does Cohen and the board take accountability for this inconsistent incoherent mess....?
They should consider their positions over the Christmas break, at this rate we'll be in the Championship in 2020.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I understand the OP but think it's that kind of impatience with people in charge that contributed to Leicester being where they are currently!
A certain level of continuity must exist otherwise it could be a slippery slope!
Leicester are not as good as some make out, but they are not as bad as some make out either! :smt018
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Even if MOC isn't the right man for Tigers going through 3 head coaches in the space of a calendar year can't be good for stability, it would be a decision compounded by the apparent lack of available quality replacements, for those reasons I can't see MOC being dropped until the end of the season at the earliest if at all even if results don't get better
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

When youve got a board picking MOC over Van Graan and Ackermann then you know youre in trouble!
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:26 pm When youve got a board picking MOC over Van Graan and Ackermann then you know youre in trouble!
When van graan was mentioned in the media at the time I don't remember anyone on this forum being particularly keen.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I was! Plus he was really linked with Bath more,another team who have ended up with a top coach!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

:smt005
Ackermann's side were thumped by Wasps yesterday.
Van Graan's side sit 13 points behind the leaders in their Pro 14 conference, and we shall see how they fair against Leinster soon!
Blackadder's side were thumped by Sale yesterday.
I think the jury is very much out and let's face it from a Premiership perspective Gloucester couldn't be much worse than they were, and what is a very good Bath squad in my opinion still continues to underachieve!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Yet both are above us and the other easily knocked us out of Europe,easy game to play 😜
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

G.K wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:31 pm
doublecarpet wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:03 pm ...does Cohen and the board take accountability for this inconsistent incoherent mess....?
They should consider their positions over the Christmas break, at this rate we'll be in the Championship in 2020.
well the shareholders had their chance to get rid of Cohen a few weeks back but didn’t,
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:34 pm I was! Plus he was really linked with Bath more,another team who have ended up with a top coach!
Blackadder is no better than MOC IMO, he's never actually won anything as a coach and Bath blow very hot and cold at the moment
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

BFG wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:54 pm :smt005
Ackermann's side were thumped by Wasps yesterday.
Van Graan's side sit 13 points behind the leaders in their Pro 14 conference, and we shall see how they fair against Leinster soon!
Blackadder's side were thumped by Sale yesterday.
I think the jury is very much out and let's face it from a Premiership perspective Gloucester couldn't be much worse than they were, and what is a very good Bath squad in my opinion still continues to underachieve!
Ackermann has inherited a shambles at Gloucester. They have been a revelation this season, consider that Ackermann didn't have a preseason and has had next to no say in recruitment. He should have been our appointment but the board wanted someone they knew and didn't want to wait for Ackermann to arrive.

Van Graan was an interesting one, I think most fancied him as a head coach with an experienced DOR assisting him in the short term. He's a fairly recent appointment at Munster having arrived after his Bok duties finished isn't he? Jury is out.

No one wanted Blackadder. Crusaders won trophies before his taking charge and not long after. He's good but not the top level appointment we were after.