Tigers values

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Tigers values

Post by ellis9 »

We respect the referee even if we disagree with his decision.

Cobblers to that. He was :censored:! Deserves to drop down a league.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers values

Post by WiggoTiger »

He was very mixed today. Bottled sending vunipola well before he did. Struggled at scrum and the off side
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ref blaming again,we are not good enough full stop and have a coach seriously out of his depth,awful appointment,reap what you sow!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:14 pm Ref blaming again,we are not good enough full stop and have a coach seriously out of his depth,awful appointment,reap what you sow!
Tigers were poor but the ref was awful.

I also haven't been critical of the ref the past few weeks but today, he was awful.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

The ref was awful today, but our management of him is also substandard hence the last few weeks we've been on the receiving end of the decisions.

Sarries get their 3 being told several times to not compete and Mako threatened with a yellow after 5m scrum resets but nothing else for another 2-3 infringements and yet Kitch gets a warning for the way he spoke to him. If we can't get Sir on our side we're always going to struggle.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Can't disagree with any of the above comments but we have to start to learn how to win games again in spite of the ref. Yes he was not very good, yea he was inconsistent, and yes we got the rough end of his decisions but we have to learn to overcome these problems. May did deliberately knock on and deserved the yellow - no it was not a penalty try - the winger had over run the pass and we did have cover coming across but we were not smart enough all game.
Exeter will 30 pt us next we unless we can be a lot more street wise
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

30? Id say 40
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There was a concerted effort on here to get change in this club, to get rid of players and coaches, now that has happened I note some of them no longer seem to be on the forum, certainly not posting.
Tigers have lost their way and it may take some time to see if this new path is the right one. The club got rid of the old Tigers and then got rid of the change of direction, not sure what we have now, but it won't change overnight, this could take a couple of seasons before we see any ideas of where the club thinks we are going.
This 100 mile an hour stuff is something we are not up to speed to deliver yet, we keep spilling the ball even when not under pressure, I for one would like us to earn the right to go wide, rather than this sling out to the winger as fast as you can stuff.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Change? Where? Remploying an old coach?
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Rehiring MOC was a backward step and made a nonsense of the « worldwide search » for the « best  
available ».

The club has its direction with the departures of David Clayton and Peter Wheeler. Until it re-establishes itself, and reaffirms it’s traditional ethical and sporting credentials, it will continue to slide. It could do worse than look towards Exeter for inspiration.
Valhalla I am coming!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fleabane wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:21 pm Rehiring MOC was a backward step and made a nonsense of the « worldwide search » for the « best  
available ».

The club has its direction with the departures of David Clayton and Peter Wheeler. Until it re-establishes itself, and reaffirms it’s traditional ethical and sporting credentials, it will continue to slide. It could do worse than look towards Exeter for inspiration.
Quite.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

fleabane wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:21 pm Rehiring MOC was a backward step and made a nonsense of the « worldwide search » for the « best  
available ».

Even if Cohen used this hiring agency he was probably so specific that the only options were MOC or Deano, the latter would never come back to us after '04 so that's probably why MOC came back
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:54 pm
available ».

Even if Cohen used this hiring agency he was probably so specific that the only options were MOC or Deano, the latter would never come back to us after '04 so that's probably why MOC came back
I discussed this with him, he explained the 2 committees duties to me and how the playing committee including Ben Kay and Rory Underwood recommended MOC, backed up by Senior players opinions.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Carley should have carded Vunipola at the penalty try stage and the invasive positioning of the touch judge should have removed May's 2nd yellow from the equation. That aside - and I hate myself for saying it - Carley actually reffed pretty well. From my vantage point in the Crumbie, I thought he was a lot worse than sober reflection watching the replay suggested.

As to the crowd's behaviour: the fans booed the final penalty being given; the fans were further incensed by Farrell laughing at May's red card - but then we 'respected the kicker'. You could have heard a pin drop.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:09 am Carley should have carded Vunipola at the penalty try stage and the invasive positioning of the touch judge should have removed May's 2nd yellow from the equation. That aside - and I hate myself for saying it - Carley actually reffed pretty well. From my vantage point in the Crumbie, I thought he was a lot worse than sober reflection watching the replay suggested.
Indeed. I think we were unlucky with a couple of 50:50 calls (ie other referees may have called them the other way) and the George try, and maybe the scrum farce/penalty try could have been given greater clarity, but everything else was pretty much spot on.