Manu cited? updated - case dismissed!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu cited? updated - case dismissed!

Post by Soggypitch »

Great news for once!!
Soggypitch
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Manu cited....

Post by Grimlish »

loretta wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:11 pm In a way, you were right, they still considered it a yellow. Fudge, anyone?
That'll be face-saving fudge then.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu cited....

Post by TigerCam »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:05 pm Citing complaint against Manu Tuilagi dismissed :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Panel deemed it reckless play (yellow card) but not worthy of a red card. Leicester head coach Matt O'Connor tells bbc5live "sanity has prevailed." Manu "free to play".

The Citing Commissioner has now been cited for wasting everyone's time and will go before a Hearing, Thinking and Common Sense Commission as soon as he's been sighted.
Reckless play (yellow card)!!! What absolute total tosh. :smt013. This game is going soft!! Anyone know when the world tiddlywinks championship are being held? I need to find a sport where a dink in the eye is seen as all part of the game!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

https://twitter.com/BrianODriscoll/stat ... 9313611776

I think the game has gone soft if we’re picking up on marginal collisions like the Manu Tuilagi tackle he’s been cited for.

1300 likes on Twitter
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Happy that it's been dismissed, still don't think it was worthy of a retrospective yellow but I guess they have to 'send a shot across the bows' rather than let anyone off scott-free.....
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

The EPCR Independent Disciplinary Committee should pay ALL Tigers expenses, legal, travelling etc and award anxiety compensation to Manu for time wasting by Jeff Mark who has a record of bad decisions leading to citing dismissals and should be deemed unfit to adjudicate.
Mitch Lees of Exeter had his citing dismissed too.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

HantsTiger wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 pm Happy that it's been dismissed, still don't think it was worthy of a retrospective yellow but I guess they have to 'send a shot across the bows' rather than let anyone off scott-free.....
I really don't think it was even a penalty - just a waste of everyone's time :smt009
Soggypitch
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:58 am
HantsTiger wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:23 pm Happy that it's been dismissed, still don't think it was worthy of a retrospective yellow but I guess they have to 'send a shot across the bows' rather than let anyone off scott-free.....
I really don't think it was even a penalty - just a waste of everyone's time :smt009
+1 Exactly!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Not sure if anyone picked up the comment made by Nigel Owens at the Bath v Toulon game at the weekend. Kahn Fotuali'i had just made a very strong hit on Toulon's Escande, much to the displeasure of the Toulon players. Owens, once again, being his brilliantly acerbic self, responded with 'The tackle was fair. Hey come on, you're playing Rugby, remember.'

If only other people in authority would remember that!