The Goon Squad

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: The Goon Squad

Post by LE18 »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:12 am I have no idea what the trouble was on the Crumbie as I saw none of it. However most of the Tiger's stewards have been with us for a long time and are very good, there are a few new people and they are probably regular at Leicester City and other football grounds and are not yet familiar with the more relaxed firm but fair attitude at a rugby venue. When there is trouble it is not surprising if there is a hardening of attitude. Any one who feels they have a genuine complaint should email the club, or if they like pm me and I will raise it with the relevant people on their behalf and at the next forum meeting which of course will be an open forum.
John its getting very sad when Police have to come onto the Crumbie stand, when can you remember that happening previously?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

sapajo wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:09 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:29 pm I think Police were called to the Welford Rd end of the Crumbie stand on Sunday! Something very noisy going on at that end!
According to the unoffy it was some individuals urinating in beer containers. How delightful :smt009
Could have been worse? In 1975 at Cardiff Arms park someone tried to pee in my trouser pocket!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

As I said I don't know what the problem was on Sunday I suspect that it had something to do with the late kick off time and people being in the pub from lunch time. I do remember police being on the Crumbie Terrace in the past when Dean Richards, Steve Johnson, Nick Joyce, John Wells etc were making their way to and from the pitch. The only other time was around 1970 when the Springboks were over and there were anti-apartheid demonstrations, I was one of the local rugby players recruited to steward that game and we were each given a policeman to look after.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I can remember the local bobby popping in to the Members Stand for a quick half-time nip of sloe gin back in the mid 60's!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

TigerCam wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:35 pm
LE18 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:29 pm I think Police were called to the Welford Rd end of the Crumbie stand on Sunday! Something very noisy going on at that end!
According to the unoffy it was some individuals urinating in beer containers. How delightful :smt009
Could have been worse? In 1975 at Cardiff Arms park someone tried to pee in my trouser pocket!!
This was a regular event in the 70's at the Taff end of Arms Park as they sort out English supporters with short arms and deep pockets looking cold. :smt105
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:39 am
TigerCam wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:35 pm

This was a regular event in the 70's at the Taff end of Arms Park as they sort out English supporters with short arms and deep pockets looking cold. :smt105
Careful there, you're only allowed to talk about the past if you put on a pair of rose tinted glasses. Everthing was better in the past.