Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v SArries

Post by sam16111986 »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:39 pm
drc_007 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:42 pm
ghdav27 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:25 pm The Rizzo situation is very odd. Baumann is effectively on the bench in case of two injuries.

I agree it's pointless having Joe Ford on the bench another one who is only there solely in case of injury. Worth would be a much better shout for me, covers full back and centre, and surely we need to start giving him some game time.

Always hopeful of a win, but I'd be surprised if we get anything before the Irish game.
I suspect Joe Ford is there in case we need a replacement goal-kicker.
Matt Toomua and Shazam are both excellent (and quick) goal kickers.
I'm fairly sure that Worth played 10 for a stint at Nottingham a season or so back and he kicked the goals then. Hardwick has looked very good whenever I've seen him and looks like he'd out kick Farrell off the tee, can also slot in at 12. I'd like to see both more involved to be honest.

Agree with those who are worried over our lack of an openside. It looks like we've learned nothing from the two games vs Munster.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Do feel a bit sorry for MOC, his two best opensides in Ryan and O’Connor are either injured or just coming back from injury. Plus as much as I rate Evans, wouldn’t want him playing against Sarries atm, needs to add some weight first.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

A few more like this would be nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RGt8NQzLJ4
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Stephen18 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:26 pm Definitely an odd decision to bring rizzo back then not give him any game time, even on the bench, when we’ve seen Traynor and beaumann aren’t up to the job Traynor getting withdrawn after 20mins. Thought they’d of started Hamilton and save malapalangi for impact off the bench or put Williams into the row, for Kitchener and bring Evans onto the bench. As some have said I don’t see the point of joe ford myself but I think there may be concerns over Holmes defense have watched the highlight of the development game he seemed to fly out the line a lot getting no where near the man or ball giveing a few try’s away. I’d have preferred a center on the bench with Owen, smith(who played well with Toomua early season) worth or fatiaki who we bought in and have see nothing of, pakalai or even olowofela to cover fullback so Tait can cover centre.
Owen and Pakalani are both injured
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

drc_007 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:54 pm A few more like this would be nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RGt8NQzLJ4
Oo yessssss, but i guess you have jinxed now so it won’t happen however I would leave to see Manu leaving defenders in his wake like that again
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

JP14 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:56 pm
Stephen18 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:26 pm Definitely an odd decision to bring rizzo back then not give him any game time, even on the bench, when we’ve seen Traynor and beaumann aren’t up to the job Traynor getting withdrawn after 20mins. Thought they’d of started Hamilton and save malapalangi for impact off the bench or put Williams into the row, for Kitchener and bring Evans onto the bench. As some have said I don’t see the point of joe ford myself but I think there may be concerns over Holmes defense have watched the highlight of the development game he seemed to fly out the line a lot getting no where near the man or ball giveing a few try’s away. I’d have preferred a center on the bench with Owen, smith(who played well with Toomua early season) worth or fatiaki who we bought in and have see nothing of, pakalai or even olowofela to cover fullback so Tait can cover centre.
Owen and Pakalani are both injured
When has Owen not been injured?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I had a suspicion that MOC was not a fan of Rizzo because he never played in preseason before signing for Edinburgh
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:06 am I had a suspicion that MOC was not a fan of Rizzo because he never played in preseason before signing for Edinburgh
Thats alright then. We'll just get stuffed up front whilst MOC has a sulk.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

chewbacca wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:52 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:06 am I had a suspicion that MOC was not a fan of Rizzo because he never played in preseason before signing for Edinburgh
:smt003 :smt003

Seriously though our local press/radio journalists are a joke, why don't they ask the questions we want to know? I appreciate MOC won't answer everything but he would at least have to answer something to;
Is Rizzo fit?
If so is why is he not in the 23, as he's been brought back from Edinburgh?
How are Bateman, Cilliers, Owen, Ryan etc..?
Why do we continue to employ injury prone players...?!

Perhaps a bit harsh the last one, but I reckon any one of us on this forum could do a more searching interview with MOC than Martin Ballard.....
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Very good point about Martin Ballard, he seems not willing or unable to ask searching questions and never is persistent if the answers are not forthcoming.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

It is bizarre Brendon O’Connor is not being picked, 3rd most turnovers in the premiership last season and is a quality operator on his day, Mike Williams is never a 7 and will not compete at the breakdown, neither will Mapap or Kalamofoni. Luckily Saracens are missing there midfield tackle machine in Barrett and the ever outstanding Brits, the bench they have is massively physical and with the introduction of Burger we could be taken apart. I think MOC doesn’t know his best team and we need a quality forwards coach to help him find the right recipe because at the moment we look very lob sided, all power in the pack but no pick pocketers, tigers bench also does look weak. I think we will be in with a shout if we stay injury free because if we lose important players then the replacements are going to massively weaken the team. I think it will be an arm wrestle early doors but Sarries will run out comfortable winners after 60 minutes.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 am

Seriously though our local press/radio journalists are a joke, why don't they ask the questions we want to know? I appreciate MOC won't answer everything but he would at least have to answer something to;
Is Rizzo fit?

Perhaps a bit harsh the last one, but I reckon any one of us on this forum could do a more searching interview with MOC than Martin Ballard.....
Don't worry Soggypitch, fingers crossed it will be me doing the interviews in 10 years time. :smt002 😉.

BT Sport don't really ask these questions either however those interviews are ahorter
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 am
chewbacca wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:52 am

Is Rizzo fit?
Bateman has previously been a very handy player available for large chunks of the season and I wouldn't say he is injury prone. Cilliers, Owen and Ryan do appear to be injured quite a bit. Cilliers is in the last year of his contract so may not see a renewal the other two only joined in the summer so it's hard to say how injury prone they will prove to be and they'll have at least one more year after this, given we normally hand out two year deals. Unless the player agrees to a termination then if you want to cease employing them we'd need to pay out their contracts which would be expensive, take up cap and leave us short of a player for the periods they are actually fit.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:28 am Very good point about Martin Ballard, he seems not willing or unable to ask searching questions and never is persistent if the answers are not forthcoming.
That's why he's best suited to the pantomime! :smt023
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

fentiger wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:40 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:28 am Very good point about Martin Ballard, he seems not willing or unable to ask searching questions and never is persistent if the answers are not forthcoming.
That's why he's best suited to the pantomime! :smt023
Oh no he isn't!

[Oh come on - someone had to...]
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives