Tigers v SArries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v SArries

Post by fentiger »

JP14 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:49 pm A lack of a true enforcer like captain troubles me, although I was impressed with Evans captaining in the A League I don't if he is our future Captain. While Tom Youngs is loyal to a fault and one-club man I often find his captaining unsatisfactory and he doesn't question the ref at all
Pretty well an echo of my thoughts. At one time I thought Kitch was a contender, but not now. Barrow? Possibly but seems so injury prone/not able to hold down first team selection. Open to alternatives, anyone? :smt017
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Once upon a time Kitchener was the form lock in the premiership and topped the line out stats, hence was picked in the EPS. For some reason he hasn’t been at the top of his game but I have no reason to believe he can’t get back to that level again. I can see why MOC sticks with him at the minute, probably hoping with game time he will get back there.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

JP14 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:49 pm A lack of a true enforcer like captain troubles me, although I was impressed with Evans captaining in the A League I don't if he is our future Captain. While Tom Youngs is loyal to a fault and one-club man I often find his captaining unsatisfactory and he doesn't question the ref at all
Yup!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 pm Once upon a time Kitchener was the form lock in the premiership and topped the line out stats, hence was picked in the EPS. For some reason he hasn’t been at the top of his game but I have no reason to believe he can’t get back to that level again. I can see why MOC sticks with him at the minute, probably hoping with game time he will get back there.
Agreed - at only just 28, he really ought to be in his pomp.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Kitchener never struck me as a captain and with the likes of Parling and Croft around him he probably excelled, on his own as our only true line out operator, bar our heavy Tino, he has been exposed a bit
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 pm Once upon a time Kitchener was the form lock in the premiership and topped the line out stats, hence was picked in the EPS. For some reason he hasn’t been at the top of his game but I have no reason to believe he can’t get back to that level again. I can see why MOC sticks with him at the minute, probably hoping with game time he will get back there.
Perhaps, the recent loss of his mother? Give the guy a break.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

loretta wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:00 am
Not everyone knows about the family lives and personal circumstances of all the players. Some of us are rugby fans, not stalkers. Give the guy a break :smt002
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I thought Kitchener was very good Sunday,best hes played in a long time.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Traynor and Baumann on the bench! 0/4 coming up Sarries by 6-10
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Saracens team

15 Alex Goode

14 Sean Maitland

13 Marcelo Bosch

12 Alex Lozowski

11 Chris Wyles

10 Owen Farrell

9 Ben Spencer

1 Mako Vunipola

2 Jamie George

3 Juan Figallo

4 Will Skelton

5 George Kruis

6 Nick Isiekwe

7 Calum Clark

8 Jackson Wray

Replacements

16 Christopher Tolofua

17 Richard Barrington

18 Vincent Koch

19 Michael Rhodes

20 Shalk Burger

21 Tom Whiteley

22 Nick Tompkins

23 Nathan Earle
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Jeez look at their bench!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Tigers should be looking to win this. Some big names missing from Sarries especially in the pack, nothing to fear from that unit. Barritt will also be a big miss defensively. As this is at WR we should be looking for the win.

Our pack will have to front up and get some quick ball going. Their bench on the other hand has the upper hand, will probably be full 80 from Cole and 60-70 from Mulipola.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:42 am
loretta wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:00 am
Not everyone knows about the family lives and personal circumstances of all the players. Some of us are rugby fans, not stalkers. Give the guy a break :smt002
Fair enough.

I heard about Kitch's mum on Radio Leicester podcast and, with OTY's current situation, I can't help but think that it's too easy to see players as just players. They have a private life that will inevitably impact on their work. I remember Ben Kay's form dropping drastically when he lost his father, as another example. We, as fans, can judge too harshly if we forget that what we see of these guys is a minute part of their lives.

That said, some days they really are just poor!!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
adahym91

Post by adahym91 »

Should be a good match. Looking forward to going!

I really don't see why Baumann is in the premiership team when Rizzo is back, it's a waste of a bench space. I would have Rizzo starting with Traynor covering loosehead and Mulipola tighthead in our current situation.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

No Rizzo. He must be injured or seriously :censored: off MOC. We should win this one.
I'm not cynical just experienced