Tigers v SArries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v SArries

Post by strawclearer »

WiggoTiger wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:10 pm Very worried for Sunday, could be a record defeat unless we get divine intervention from above on the eve of Jesus's birth!! :smt017 :smt017
Right now, Jesus is doing quite well for Man City against Leicester in the EFL Cup quarter final!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by ElvastonTiger »

Can’t wait for Sunday. Sarries have lost 6 on the trot and some are predicting a record home defeat. The worlds gone mad.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Sarries have just been narrowly beaten at CA while keeping them tryless which is completely unheard of! It wont be a record.home defeat but a certain defeat,no doubt in my mind!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott11 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:53 pm Sarries have just been narrowly beaten at CA while keeping them tryless which is completely unheard of! It wont be a record.home defeat but a certain defeat,no doubt in my mind!
Positivity and optimism are dead, long live positivity and optimism.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Just being realistic,NYE at SP is another loss too. Our top 4 run is soon to come to an end,thanks Cohen!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott11 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:13 am Just being realistic,NYE at SP is another loss too. Our top 4 run is soon to come to an end,thanks Cohen!
I'd agree about the Sandy Park likely result but it won't stop me hoping for better, likewise against SArries at home.

It's not setting yourself/myself up for disappointment, it's merely better, IMO, than the constant drudge of bemoaning the club and players - Marvin the Paranoid Android syndrome - and no, I'm not a 'happy clapper'...

Realism? Defeatism more like, and I genuinely mean that in the nicest possible way. Worse things are happening in the World than 23 guys underperforming and losing a match.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Having recalled Rizzo from loan it's time to play him. The scrum needs his solidity, especially with the line-out still in tatters.

Beyond that I hope to see changes in the boiler room and some backing of our upcoming players who have looked hungry and aggressive. Wells is deserving of a start IMO. I also think Evans has done enough to see what he can do alongside a powerful 6 and 8.

1.Rizzo
2.TPN
3.Cole
4.Barrow
5.Wells
6.Mapapalangi
7.Evans
8.Kalamafoni

9.Youngs
10.Ford

11.May
12.Toomua
13.Manu
14.Malouf
15.Worth

16.Youngs
17.Mulipola
18.Betts
19.Fitzgerald
20.Williams
21.Harrison
22.Tait
23.Thompstone

I don't expect to see that but it's what I'd like to see against Sarries.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

No place for Hamilton, our in form back row scavenger and tackler............................bizarre
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I would go with both Hamilton and O'Connor - lets have 2 of our back row able to compete for the ball at the break down just like Munster and tell DC to keep out of the way at the breakdown.
Hehehehehehehehe
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Scott11 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:13 am Just being realistic,NYE at SP is another loss too. Our top 4 run is soon to come to an end,thanks Cohen!
I suggest you go and support Saints or someone else. Cheer up for pity's sake ! The world hasn't ended. Losing the next 2 games will not dictate whether we finish in the top 4 or not. You're not being realistic, because you clearly haven't done the maths or looked at the remaining games, or factored in that other clubs above us will lose points etc
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ive factored in one thing,the coach! You do know he failed to get Leinster in the playoffs in his second season there which is nigh in impossible! Even the dugout wouldve achieved that if put in charge!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 am
I suggest you go and support Saints or someone else. Cheer up for pity's sake ! The world hasn't ended. Losing the next 2 games will not dictate whether we finish in the top 4 or not. You're not being realistic, because you clearly haven't done the maths or looked at the remaining games, or factored in that other clubs above us will lose points etc
Losing to sides who are likely to finish first or second is rarely 'season-defining'. It's the games against teams 3 to 6 that do that!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 am
westwinds31 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:36 am
Losing to sides who are likely to finish first or second is rarely 'season-defining'. It's the games against teams 3 to 6 that do that!
Or even 11th. Think we should be able to scrape a draw against 6th though.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Now we know we will have Manu, and presumably Toomua is still passably fit, no reason why we cannot win this one, if we start with strong front row, we can win and I think comfortably, our backs are superior to theirs, so a win, not sure about a bonus point that would be asking a lot. 1 step at a time! :smt001 I would suggest we start with an unchanged side, give them another chance!
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

I think to have a chance we need to make few changes to the lack from last week. I would definitely start Michele Rizzo. Presumably it was tactical to take Traynor off after 25 mins last week which was bizarre! Rizzo is a good prop and should definitely be in the side.

I also think we should have a proper open side and Hamilton starting at 6.

Not sure what Fitzgerald and Kitchener are really bringing to the party, I'd be swapping them both out. Id also like to see TPN start however i think that's very unlikely!

Finally I'd like to see Jonah Holmes in the squad at least, he's impressed every time he's played and having missed two poor team performances (albeit not really the fault of the wingers that have played) due to intelligibility I think he deserves another go!

In reality I suspect Hamilton may start but I can't see there being many other changes.