Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Is O'connor up to the job??

Post by WiggoTiger »

I know I'll be knocked for mentioning this but :

Have we made progress on this time last year?

What's happening to the forwards?

Why are we not competitive in big games anymore??

I worry for the rest of the season.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Is O'connor up to the job??

Post by Scott11 »

No progress at all,out of Europe,and less AP points. Set piece,especially lineout,and defence awful. Game management atrocius and thats with Englands HB pairing! Complete coachinf overhaul needed.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yeh he is IMO.

But we need a forwards coach with experience. Now whether we go for a DOR type forwards coach (like cockers was) or a assistant forwards coach (Like say West just an example not suggesting west is a option please god no) is another question.

Our blackine and attack has generally looked alot better than the last two seasons of lets hope Veainu can do something. We need to improve whats behind our first choice team though in that department.

We haven't been competitive in big games the last 2 years it isn't something that has happened overnight and i don't get why people are acting like this is the first time tigers have suffered a big game loss at welford road it happened like 4 times last season.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Bath and Wuss? Ill speak to you seasons end RB.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:01 pm Yeh he is IMO.

But we need a forwards coach with experience. Now whether we go for a DOR type forwards coach (like cockers was) or a assistant forwards coach (Like say West just an example not suggesting west is a option please god no) is another question.

Our blackine and attack has generally looked alot better than the last two seasons of lets hope Veainu can do something. We need to improve whats behind our first choice team though in that department.

We haven't been competitive in big games the last 2 years it isn't something that has happened overnight and i don't get why people are acting like this is the first time tigers have suffered a big game loss at welford road it happened like 4 times last season.
No it isn't but tigers always used to be very tough to beat at home but we often roll over like pussycats as we are unable to change our game plan during the match.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

The distinct lack of a forwards coach has been obvious for months, not addressed and the set play has been nose diving for months, T Young’s needs time away from the game and he is not captain material, give away pens and the ref has no interest in what you say, as for for the lock situation we have no enforcer, Barrow who we expected to step up is not good enough, Fitz can play across the line and Kitch just doesn’t have the minerals, we need some monster to dominate that line out, call it and take it, we haven’t dealt wih the small issues but they have cost the big games!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:04 pm Bath and Wuss? Ill speak to you seasons end RB.
We'll see the Bath game was rust IMO, Wuss game was shocking but then that showed how :censored: our depth is which can and will mostly be fixed.
We will see end of season, I still don't think MOC is a bad coach or a bad head coach but he isn't a DOR coach which is what he is kind of doing now.

It isn't like Ackermann and glous where glous had a very good team that was only just losing, last season we where a team that was either just winning or getting thrashed and not even Steve Hansen could help some of the players we have on the roster now.

Personally i would invest in a proven forwards coach either Plumtree if we where to go DOR route (I doubt that will happen) or Bakewell (if we go assistant route) invest in the forwards and backs depth and then have next season as MOC judgement year contract wise.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

IMO we miss a TRUE leader on the pitch. Tom Youngs is a decent bloke but does not have the ability to get the ref onside nor implement any changes in tactics that are required during the game. I don't actually have a name to put forward which probably means we are going to continue to struggle at least for the foreseeable future!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

No clearly not.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I think the more appropriate question should be are several of the players up to the job, and I mean so called senior players as well as the depth!
How many coaches have this lot been through, were they all bad!
Who or what are the common denominators here!
Flakey, very flakey!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

True but the coaches still pick them.
Thought Thommo playing well then took off today. Coaches make the decisions
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Too safe BFG,thats the problem. No wonder they picked MOC!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

The early signs suggest that no, he's not up to the job.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

BFG wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:26 pm I think the more appropriate question should be are several of the players up to the job, and I mean so called senior players as well as the depth!
How many coaches have this lot been through, were they all bad!
Who or what are the common denominators here!
Flakey, very flakey!
This is what i feel TBH.

Personally i would like to see us bring in some of the youngsters now esp we have some pretty talented ones coming up this season and they are actually showing it at A league level and AWC level unlike some previous years.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

No he was never upto it, fact is he was ex Tigers and available so he met the 2 mandatory requirements of the board. Sums up why we are continuing in our downward death spiral.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity