Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Six Nations...

Post by Roly »

BFG wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:29 pm
BFG wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Not that difficult to work out really given that there are already two 10's, two 10/12's and one outright 12, but I suspect Mallinder's versatility is attractive.
He is a really good attacking player, just needs one position and some time to sort his defence out if possible.
Remember you read this here first, if he plays a decent side at 15 then England will concede a few points via the chip and chase!
I rate him as a counter attacking 15, but everytime when I have seen him in a high pressure match he hasn't performed lost his nerve so to speak, it could also be down to the players around him, when it is going Saints way he shows real class
They move him all over the place Chobbsy, he has not long stepped up to the level let alone being moved from pillar to post, I don't get it personally as in those circumstances he is bound to struggle defensively!
That said I'm pretty sure they'll work on his footwork in defence!
Well if nothing else, he's got heart. Some of Saints recent performances have seen him one of the few players not to give up and work hard, where some of his team mates have thrown the towel in.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:35 pm
jgriffin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 pm Players were divided between Cockers, Mauger and MOC (e.g. BY). Williams however has never recovered his first season form, neither has Kitchener his early promise. Barrow we seem to have shed.....and Hamilton is a Sweaty! So we have got an international back row player or three (Kala, Mapa)
I said none of our back 5 would get near the England squad and I stick by that.

No chance of Hamilton, Kala or Mapa getting anywhere near EJs squad even if they were English!!!
Give it a rest, England have Gary Graham in their squad and he’d be 6th or 7th choice openside for Scotland.

Given England’s injuries at number 8 I think you would have found Hamilton in the squad.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

And if anyone thinks 6th or 7th is nonsense, I’d have Watson, Hardie, Barclay, Fagerson jr, Matt Smith, Cowan and Ritchie ahead of him. I’m pretty sure most Scotland rugby fans would as well.

(Barclay moving to seven, where he played most of his rugby for Glasgow, can be covered by the plethora of 6s and 8s we have in Hamilton, Bradbury, Wilson, du Preez, Ashe, Eadie, Crosbie and I’m sure I’ve missed a couple).