Six Nations...

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Six Nations...

Post by strawclearer »

Wales number eight Taulupe Faletau will miss most - if not all - of the Six Nations as Bath director of rugby Todd Blackadder confirms he faces 12-16 weeks out after suffering a knee injury in Toulon on Saturday.

That won't help Wales cause with Warburton, Jon Davies and Jake Ball also out!
Last edited by strawclearer on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Six Nations...

Post by strawclearer »

Here's a link if you want to see who's officiating for each 6N match...

http://officiating.worldrugby.org/index ... ents&id=58
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 pm Here's a link if you want to see who's officiating for each 6N match...

Lacey for Scotland v France. How that man continues to get a gig as a ref is beyond my understanding.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

biffer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:52 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 pm Here's a link if you want to see who's officiating for each 6N match...

Lacey for Scotland v France. How that man continues to get a gig as a ref is beyond my understanding.
You and me both. Witless and clueless. :smt013
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm
Are they his two redeeming qualities?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:22 pm
jgriffin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm
Are they his two redeeming qualities?
They are his only 'qualities'.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Looks like it will be between England and Ireland again.

Still not buying Scotland as contenders.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Same here Ourla,although France historically do well after a Lions tour. Although after watching them in the AIs theyd be better off sending their B team who at least looked half decent in the midweek NZ game whereas France were abysmal!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Scott11 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 pm Same here Ourla,although France historically do well after a Lions tour. Although after watching them in the AIs theyd be better off sending their B team who at least looked half decent in the midweek NZ game whereas France were abysmal!
I might be wrong, but I can't remember France not winning the 5/6N in a year post Lions, regardless of their form going into it.

On the face of it, its between England and Ireland, with Ireland looking the better bet if England's injured don't make a timely return (Maro and Mako to name but two).

Scotland could easily spoil the party, and at this stage you can't rule them out. However, I feel their undoing will be the visit to Cardiff.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ourla wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:33 pm Looks like it will be between England and Ireland again.

Still not buying Scotland as contenders.
IMO, based on the 'u-peean' results, Ireland have to be the favourites to take the 6Ns
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

France last won in 2010 and their recent exploits don't show them heading back to their best just yet.

Not writing them or Scotland off exactly. Especially in terms of getting a result or two that affects the outcome of whether it's England or Ireland who win the championship. The difficulty England will always face is that they are the nation with the deepest resources and everybody hates them, so there is never a game when the oppo is a little off. I've no problem with it but just means there is always the chance of "an upset".
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:20 pm France last won in 2010 and their recent exploits don't show them heading back to their best just yet.

Not writing them or Scotland off exactly. Especially in terms of getting a result or two that affects the outcome of whether it's England or Ireland who win the championship. The difficulty England will always face is that they are the nation with the deepest resources and everybody hates them, so there is never a game when the oppo is a little off. I've no problem with it but just means there is always the chance of "an upset".
I didn't check the stats but I can't believe its been nearly 8 years since France won!
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 am
Scott11 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 pm Same here Ourla,although France historically do well after a Lions tour. Although after watching them in the AIs theyd be better off sending their B team who at least looked half decent in the midweek NZ game whereas France were abysmal!
I might be wrong, but I can't remember France not winning the 5/6N in a year post Lions, regardless of their form going into it.

On the face of it, its between England and Ireland, with Ireland looking the better bet if England's injured don't make a timely return (Maro and Mako to name but two).

Scotland could easily spoil the party, and at this stage you can't rule them out. However, I feel their undoing will be the visit to Cardiff.
Scotland's season is very much going to be dependent on the first 20 minutes or so in Cardiff. We're capable of wining there for the first time in a long while, but equally the wheels could always fall off (see Twickenham this year). It's not unrealistic to see Scotland winning 4/5, but equally it's not unrealistic to see us going to Rome looking for a first win of the competition in the final game.

Momentum in the 6Ns is, as ever, critical.

The dream, of course, is to make the last two games on the Final Saturday meaningless and watch Inverdale et al try desperately to talk about how important it is playing for pride, etc.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Just for the record I wish Scotland all the best. I'd love to see them do well. I am ambivalent about the rest.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Ireland look the favourites to me; not sure how much longer Eddie can keep England playing better than the sum of their parts.