English teams in europe

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: English teams in europe

Post by Scott11 »

Likewise if the refs got it wrong the TMO should have the baubles to say it instead of the old "heres another angle" line.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

BFG wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 am
L Smith wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm a biased crowd
Erm, we’re hardly objective
Oh I don't know about that, after all we are on here debating it, all most really want is a fair game!
This word momentum is ruining the game in my opinion, forward passes, players rolling over and over, head on head tackles and coming around rucks to interfere offside.
If they can't do it properly at speed then slow down, no excuses, be in control and do it right, or face the consequences of the law, but no they have created an unrecognisable game where broken jaws and passes a metre forward are becoming the norm!
Oh, and passing the ball off the floor after having been tackled, in the name of ‘keeping the ball alive’ and what about the dreaded quasi-legal choke tackle that pretty much ruins every game we play against the ‘Oirish...
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

L Smith wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 pm
BFG wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 am
L Smith wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Erm, we’re hardly objective
Oh I don't know about that, after all we are on here debating it, all most really want is a fair game!
This word momentum is ruining the game in my opinion, forward passes, players rolling over and over, head on head tackles and coming around rucks to interfere offside.
If they can't do it properly at speed then slow down, no excuses, be in control and do it right, or face the consequences of the law, but no they have created an unrecognisable game where broken jaws and passes a metre forward are becoming the norm!
Oh, and passing the ball off the floor after having been tackled, in the name of ‘keeping the ball alive’ and what about the dreaded quasi-legal choke tackle that pretty much ruins every game we play against the ‘Oirish...
Yes agree, the very definition of the choke tackle just beggars belief, says it all really about how lax it has become!
Holding up players to try and strip the ball has always been around but around the throat? :smt018
Just mind boggling that it was actually attempted as a genuine sporting tactic let alone to take place at all, clasping someone's throat to starve them of oxygen, absolute madness, and is and always should be a red card and a very lengthy ban in my opinion!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The 'choke' tackle isn't a tackle. The ref's site makes it clear, it's either a maul or open play, there is no actual tackle. You are entitled to remove opposition from the area, make a maul by entering (hard) from your own side, drag it down before maul called, get hands on the ball yourself........
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:30 am
wellstiger wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 am Well here we go again. Forward pass law open to interpretation and Botoxed up.
TMO's as about as useful as chocolate teapot. Tis the season---- new toy of three seasons ago discarded and now we play with the cardboard box.
Just get rid or play with it .......
Lets see what transpires at WR.
You might be interested in a chat I had with Nick Mullins on the subject yesterday...

NM: "Forgot to mention it in Belfast last night, but loved the way French ref Alexandre Ruiz had the baubles to go largely TMO-free & make his own decisions."

Me: "Refs should only have one option with the TMO: "This is my decision. You have 30 seconds to stop me if I'm about to make a prat of myself!""

NM: "Excellent. Which is largely why they were introduced in the first place."
Yep. Ref should have to make an on field call. It’s overturned if there’s clear evidence to the contrary.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

A tweet from Rugby Inside Line (very Saints-leaning):

"This is worse than last week!!! BRING BACK JIM!!!"

Shouldn't laugh! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
stonebob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by stonebob »

Well the english showed up this week and were very competitive..but it still looks bad ..2 wins from 14 games...cant be always THE REF...
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Well its not beyond the realms of possibility but all the English teams could be out at the pool stages this season
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:03 pm Well its not beyond the realms of possibility but all the English teams could be out at the pool stages this season
Bath are top of their pool with Scarlets and Treviso to come. I think they'll go through. I would normally expect Saracens to get through given they're on 11 points with Ospreys and Saints to play, but they're on a poor run atm. Other than that though, it's hard to see any English team in the QFs.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The winner of Ospreys and Saracens will go through as a best runners up......I would expect Saracens to win but given their run of form and the way Ospreys are performing in Europe, it is not a given.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

biffer wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:38 am
Doghashadhisday wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:03 pm Well its not beyond the realms of possibility but all the English teams could be out at the pool stages this season
Bath are top of their pool with Scarlets and Treviso to come. I think they'll go through. I would normally expect Saracens to get through given they're on 11 points with Ospreys and Saints to play, but they're on a poor run atm. Other than that though, it's hard to see any English team in the QFs.
On current form Scarlets are more than capable of beating Bath so that pool is far from decided. It could be any one from 3 - Toulon, Bath or Scarlets.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!