Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by ourla »

Excellent sh.it or bust selection from MOC

If it clicks and the ref does his job we'll win. But there is a lot could go wrong here.

Decent bench.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Munster: It’s a first European start for hooker Kevin O’Byrne as he and winger Darren Sweetnam are promoted from the bench this weekend with Andrew Conway and Rhys Marshall continuing to follow return to play protocols.

Keith Earls and Niall Scannell are notable returnees from respective hamstring and thumb injuries and are included in the match-day 23.

Billy Holland again continues in the second row having already started all 13 of Munster’s games so far this season.

Munster: Simon Zebo; Darren Sweetnam, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Alex Wootton; Ian Keatley, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O’Byrne, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Brian Scott, John Ryan, Darren O’Shea, Jack O’Donoghue, Duncan Williams, JJ Hanrahan, Keith Earls.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Great to see Manu and Matt T back. No miracles expected just hope they get a decent half under their belts and come off uninjured.
I'm not cynical just experienced
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Big back-row great for ball carrying but may struggle at the breakdown, Tuilagi and Toomua may have to help out there.

Time for the tight-five to put in a big performance.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

We need a big gap by 60 minutes when we’ll be relying on the finishers
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Also a very good bench, especially in the forwards with Mulipola, Polata-Nau, Barrow and Hamilton to come on!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Its a team that could win by 20 or lose by 20.

We'd hope for the former.

Nothing less than 5 points for Tigers and nil for Munster will do, otherwise, that's Europe done for this year.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

ourla wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:10 pm Excellent sh.it or bust selection from MOC

If it clicks and the ref does his job we'll win. But there is a lot could go wrong here.

Decent bench.
"Sir" for the match is Mathieu Raynal
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Whether we win or lose I don’t think we can argue with the selection on the face of it, particularly considering the performance and result last week.

I agree it could be win by a few or lose by a few but I can’t see any better selection available with the paucity of options in the front row and midfield in particular.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

For me the second row looks short on grunt. I know Traynor is an international but I'm unconvinced from what I've seen and having locks who provide the grunt in the engine room might help while Genge is injured.

Glad to see the first choice centres back but are they fully fit given that they are unlikely to be match fit?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Coops wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 pm "Sir" for the match is Mathieu Raynal
He's got a bit of form:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/opi ... s-reignite

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/ ... r-12342491
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Coops wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 pm .

Merde, alors!!!
Semper in excretia
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

mol2 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:36 pm Glad to see the first choice centres back but are they fully fit given that they are unlikely to be match fit?
They clearly won't be match fit. On the other hand there will be only dead rubbers for them to play in if we don't win so w-t-f.

Plus we've tried the let's ease them in and protect route before and it clearly didn't work.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Looks a great team, one concern, is this sort of match the one to bring Manu back into after being out for so long, high intensity, a massive physical Munster pack, let’s hope he doesn’t get crocked again!! If George and Matt can re spark that partnership then anything is possible with this back line, I am going tigers by 7, try bonus point but Munster to nick a losing bonus point.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:41 pm
Coops wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 pm .

Merde, alors!!!
Ok, so he's the ref so let's accept it!
I think that Tigers should have what it takes to win the game, although whether it'll be 5 points and nowt for Munster is another matter. A hell of a lot will be on the shoulders of Ford, Tuilagi and Toomua and if they get it together then the unlikely could happen.
As always, I remain the eternal optimist!
ALLEZ LES TIGRES!!!
Semper in excretia