Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by Scott11 »

No he isnt Wiggo and i said it from the very second he was appointed and i was shot down badly but hey its the Tigers way!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stephen18 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:45 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:38 pm also i preferred Williams at 7 than anyone else this season so far.
Williams is away down the pecking order for me for as many hits and carry’s he makes he spills the ball and is out of position for twice as many look st Connor Murray’s break for their try. My thoughts are O’Connor, Hamilton and Evans all offer more, o’connor In the break down on the wide open, Hamilton in the breakdown, defence and close carrying and Evans in the breakdown and fitness.
BOC, Hamilton and evans are too lightweight in the tackle look at cloete he might be small but he hits players like a train. other in the prem that do that Curry 1 and 2, willis, Ackermann, etc.

BOC, Hamilton and Evans all give up too many meters in the hit for the chance to turnover once every 10 breakdowns which only happen 25% of the time. Evans at his age has more intelligence to it and could bulk up, but the other two. Hamilton is a good runner and rarely misses tackles but he doesn't smash.

The game has changed and so has the 7 position you need to be able to dominate a hit.
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

A decent first half badly deteriorated in the 2nd.
Yet again it was a poor forward display for the most part. Line outs inaccurate (again) and numerous knock on’s in the tackle
Last week Munster played on the edge and clearly riled OTY and Dan Cole...and their response today was totally indisciplined and naive. What were they thinking?!
On the positive side, manu and MT got through 80 mins and Tait showed great defensive coverage at full back throughout. The back line is NOT where the problem is.
Not sure where we go from here.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm Just back from the game : here is my assessment.

No commitment, no skill, no game management, no team spirit, no line out, no decent kicking.

As Steve Johnson said on RL we have made no progress from last year. Personally I think we have regressed at the set piece game.

Again out of Europe too early.

I know I'll be shot down but is O'connor up to the job?? We're worse than last season
Have to agree!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm Just back from the game : here is my assessment.

No commitment, no skill, no game management, no team spirit, no line out, no decent kicking.

As Steve Johnson said on RL we have made no progress from last year. Personally I think we have regressed at the set piece game.

I know I'll be shot down but is O'connor up to the job?? We're worse than last season
Another bah humbug nominee :smt003
Soggypitch wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Another bah humbug nominee :smt003
:smt038
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Can anyone remember some of the games last year? or did they block them out.
Glasgow H and A 10000x worse than that, Cheifs H and A 100000x worse than that.
The fact of the matter is tigers where a team going backwards the last two season and that makes the job of changing the team alot harder.

Do i Think MOC is a bad head coach NO.
Do I think MOC needs a actual DOR to help him YES

MOC is a good coach IMO but he needs someone above him like cockers did in the first stint at tigers.

There is alot of players that need looking at contract wise end of season and tigers need to be making some signings now to address alot of areas by Jan.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:30 pm Tonight it was not a lack of physicality it was a lack of brain power and basic skills.

Terrible restarts, awful discipline, :censored: lineouts, bad ball retention, poor kicking again from Ben, just 2nd division stuff.
You've hit the nail on the head there for me. I thought there was plenty of commitment and heart but that's not enough, there needs to be some nous, some adaptability. BY's kicking was abysmal, it put additional pressure on us if anything.

I would add to your list poor captaincy. I hate to pick on OTY, particularly as he's going through hell but in a game like tonight's you need someone to manage the referee. I think Tom is too nice to be perfectly honest.

The biggest issue however is quite clearly sub-par coaching. I'm sure we'll all be hugely underwhelmed when the new forwards coach is announced.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Forwards are a mess and it shows. All well and good having a Hollywood backline but if they never get any help up front whats the point.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

That may be the biggest penalty count I've ever seen. It's like the referee was only refereeing one side.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

He was keen to ping us but allowed munster to play very closely to the edge.. Cheat!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ref blaming time 😉
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

We where stupid with the ref after 5 pens in 20 mins Tigers should have clocked on what the ref was doing and calmed down but nope.

Shows a lack of leadership on the pitch.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Too many easy penalties given away, soft but they were penalties in my opinion!
Munster nibbled away and Leicester just didn't have enough bite!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

markharbtiger wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:25 pm Apparently the first time we’ve lost both legs at this stage of the competition, and when was the last time Munster won at Welford Rd? :smt022
So another two records broken. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

And he will break the top 4 record too,mark my words!