Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Piquet

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by Piquet »

Lads and Lassies, I'm just back in Cork after a great weekend in Leicester. A gang of us had been at last year's match but we made a day trip of it then. This year we made a weekend of it. A lovely City, Leicester.

I have a cousin married to a Leicester fan and we arranged to meet in the ABC Bar before the game.
The trouble was, my ticket was for the opposite Stand.
I went over anyway and explained my situation to a Steward.

"Come with me" he said and brought me through a gate beside the Terrace Turnstiles.

He told me that he'd scan my ticket for me and bring it to me in the ABC Bar.

I went to the bar but my pal never turned up. 5:10 came and went with no sign of my ticket but eventually he arrived.

It seems my ticket would only scan at the North West Turnstiles so he went over there and came back to me.
He then gave me directions to the North Stand.

I got over there but my ticket was for the upper section so a steward brought me over to a lift and up I went.
All of the Stewards I spoke to me couldn't have been nicer.

I got into several "robust exchanges of views" with the Leicester fans around me during the match but were all friends at the end-exactly as it should be!!

It was a great win against a proper Club in a great City
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Piquet wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:57 pm Lads and Lassies, I'm just back in Cork after a great weekend in Leicester. A gang of us had been at last year's match but we made a day trip of it then. This year we made a weekend of it. A lovely City, Leicester.

I have a cousin married to a Leicester fan and we arranged to meet in the ABC Bar before the game.
The trouble was, my ticket was for the opposite Stand.
I went over anyway and explained my situation to a Steward.

"Come with me" he said and brought me through a gate beside the Terrace Turnstiles.

He told me that he'd scan my ticket for me and bring it to me in the ABC Bar.

I went to the bar but my pal never turned up. 5:10 came and went with no sign of my ticket but eventually he arrived.

It seems my ticket would only scan at the North West Turnstiles so he went over there and came back to me.
He then gave me directions to the North Stand.

I got over there but my ticket was for the upper section so a steward brought me over to a lift and up I went.
All of the Stewards I spoke to me couldn't have been nicer.

I got into several "robust exchanges of views" with the Leicester fans around me during the match but were all friends at the end-exactly as it should be!!

It was a great win against a proper Club in a great City
Thanks for your appreciation. Glad you enjoyed yourself and were properly looked after! I'm sure it's the same at Thomond Park. I hope to get there one day and find out for myself. The only thing I begrudge you is the match result. However now that I've taken off my Tigers-tinted specs I have to say your lads deserved it and the better team won on the day.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!