Tigers v Munster

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Munster

Post by G.K »

Think the best option this season now is to throw caution to the winds and focus on retaining the LV= cup.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

G.K wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:24 pm Think the best option this season now is to throw caution to the winds and focus on retaining the LV= cup.
Only possible hope of silverware, and the A league team
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... ing-264023

talk the talk but not walk the walk - so disappointing :smt010
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

What have the fans done?
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Just back from the match - calmed down a little bit. Thought the endeavour was there but my were we dumb. Very inaccurate and too many penalties but the recurring themes for me are 1) the line out continues to be our Achilles heel - we will not compete with good teams when we lose 25%+ of our own line outs - it really should not be beyond professional rugby players to be able to have a successful line out process 2) what are our kick strategies - BY’s kicking was in the main poor to average however in general we never look to compete even when we have the chance , if you are not going to compete then you look to get it off the park ..... otherwise don’t kick. Too much possession kicked away. My old man blamed the coaches today ..... I just don’t think you can legislate for the number of errors made by senior players in that performance - take out the brain farts and we probably would have won as Munster didn’t really need to do much to win that game.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Ill tell you what though TPN hair looked pretty pimp today! 😂
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I'm too upset to indulge in 'happy-clapping' and too long a Tigers fan to consign the team or this season to the bin. In which case, I have to find something to make me smile. This tweet from Phil Sandford came closest.....

"Hear Theresa May will be visiting Leicester Tigers this week to learn from the CEO how to exit Europe so effortlessly."

...and, despite today, my family and I are looking forward to taking our seats for the Sarries match.

Onwards and upwards!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I've been harsh on Tait but the guy played really well last night, (bar one time when he should've kicked) but it was really nice to see him get a score.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:42 pm I'm too upset to indulge in 'happy-clapping' and too long a Tigers fan to consign the team or this season to the bin. In which case, I have to find something to make me smile. This tweet from Phil Sandford came closest.....

"Hear Theresa May will be visiting Leicester Tigers this week to learn from the CEO how to exit Europe so effortlessly."

...and, despite today, my family and I are looking forward to taking our seats for the Sarries match.

Onwards and upwards!
Will that be part of a round robin tour including Sarries, Quins, and Saints as well?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:37 pm Just back from the match - calmed down a little bit. Thought the endeavour was there but my were we dumb. Very inaccurate and too many penalties but the recurring themes for me are 1) the line out continues to be our Achilles heel - we will not compete with good teams when we lose 25%+ of our own line outs - it really should not be beyond professional rugby players to be able to have a successful line out process 2) what are our kick strategies - BY’s kicking was in the main poor to average however in general we never look to compete even when we have the chance , if you are not going to compete then you look to get it off the park ..... otherwise don’t kick. Too much possession kicked away. My old man blamed the coaches today ..... I just don’t think you can legislate for the number of errors made by senior players in that performance - take out the brain farts and we probably would have won as Munster didn’t really need to do much to win that game.
This pretty much sums it up really, we didn't seem to have a plan other than to beat them up and show we were not going to be bullied. There were flashes from all the players, they are good enough, they are not yet however pulling together as a team.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I only saw the first half but Munster's line out appeared to be faultless - and I don't think Tigers even challenged once, but Munster pinched at least one of Tigers' line-outs and TY threw one way over the top and Munster won the ball easily.
Kitchener gave one stupid penalty away at a maul and didn't seem to show much will to compete.
Then again, I only saw the first half - maybe the second was more encouraging.........then again.......... :smt009

I'm coming to Leicester for Christmas and will be going to the Sarries game and wish that it'll be Sarries' eighth consecutive defeat, which for a team of that calibre is nothing short of unbelievable.
Semper in excretia
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:00 pm I only saw the first half but Munster's line out appeared to be faultless - and I don't think Tigers even challenged once, but Munster pinched at least one of Tigers' line-outs and TY threw one way over the top and Munster won the ball easily.
Kitchener gave one stupid penalty away at a maul and didn't seem to show much will to compete.
Then again, I only saw the first half - maybe the second was more encouraging.........then again.......... :smt009

I'm coming to Leicester for Christmas and will be going to the Sarries game and wish that it'll be Sarries' eighth consecutive defeat, which for a team of that calibre is nothing short of unbelievable.
Beleive me - if you are a Tigers supporter you don't want to watch the second half. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mapapalangi had to get his eye stitched back on, 😷, hope that doesn’t mean he won’t be available next week
Last edited by JP14 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:17 pm Mapapalangi had to get his eye stitched back on, 😷, hope that doesn’t mean he will be available next week
JP14 - you do want Mapalangi available or you dont?

Personally I hope we have a full strength squad to choose from (Veianu excepted) - and that we use the 'no excuses' approach to secure a win.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Grimlish wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:43 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:17 pm Mapapalangi had to get his eye stitched back on, 😷, hope that doesn’t mean he will be available next week
JP14 - you do want Mapalangi available or you dont?

Personally I hope we have a full strength squad to choose from (Veianu excepted) - and that we use the 'no excuses' approach to secure a win.
Calm down I made a grammatical error which I have corrected, of course I want Mapapalangi to start next week and there is so much more to come from him with a higher-profile forwards coach
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni