Re: All weather pitch?

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Maybe they should change their song to “I don’t like Monday’s”
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Roly’s going onto their unoffy, now, to practice his ‘terminal decline’ fishing exercise :smt003
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:56 pm Maybe they should change their song to “I don’t like Monday’s”
Or ‘snowy days and Mondays always get me down’
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

'Monday, Monday' by the Rakas and Parras
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Or Helter-Skelton!
Skelton appears to have infected Sarries with errors!
Betham on for Clermont, my word they are a very big side, not often Sarries are made to look average!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

And there were a couple of posters claiming Skelton was a good lock lol ,yeah so good Oz binned him and they cant buy a lock! Useless lump.😂
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott11 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 pm And there were a couple of posters claiming Skelton was a good lock lol ,yeah so good Oz binned him and they cant buy a lock! Useless lump.😂
It is surprising, not least since Sarries did get a good look at Skelton on loan before signing him, shown up tonight though as a bit of a flat track bully, as have Sarries in general!
Clermont v La Rochelle must be some heavyweight contest!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Two fantastic sides! Thats an AP blank,every team lost and not one close bar Bath
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Please please can we have some big solid lads like that instead of our lightweights, what a performance by Raka.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

L Smith wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm Roly’s going onto their unoffy, now, to practice his ‘terminal decline’ fishing exercise :smt003
If they were in terminal decline.... I might....

I must admit, I switched off at Saracens 0, Clermont 21 (it was a work day today after all and some of us have v early starts).

Their drop in form is puzzling considering the strength of the teams they are able to field, but it speaks volumes that this run of form is probably their worst in 7 seasons (?) - whilst for Tigers, form like that appears to be the norm. I suspect Saracens will bounce back with a healthy win on Christmas Eve, although I sincerely hope that isn't the case.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Roly wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 am
L Smith wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm Roly’s going onto their unoffy, now, to practice his ‘terminal decline’ fishing exercise :smt003
If they were in terminal decline.... I might....

I must admit, I switched off at Saracens 0, Clermont 21 (it was a work day today after all and some of us have v early starts).

Their drop in form is puzzling considering the strength of the teams they are able to field, but it speaks volumes that this run of form is probably their worst in 7 seasons (?) - whilst for Tigers, form like that appears to be the norm. I suspect Saracens will bounce back with a healthy win on Christmas Eve, although I sincerely hope that isn't the case.
Was it you (sorry if it wasn't) who said on another thread once you've reached the top, there's only one to go, and I wonder if complacency is the order of the day.

These players have achieved so much at Sarries, what else is there for them to do? Aside from the World Cup in 2019 there isn't much else for the Sarries bunch to achieve. The real test will be how they turn it around. I expect once Billy and Maro return Sarries will be back to something like their best.

Sandersons face yesterday said it all. He was fuming, and rightly so. The Sarries defense that has been a well oiled machine has just fallen apart at the moment, and decision making which I usually praise Farrell for was appalling (Keep the scoreboard going, always keep it going). Missed tackles left right and center and you don't expect that from Sarries.

I don't expect Sarries to go and beat Clermont in Clermont (Didn't expect them to lose at home so we'll see how good that turns out) which leaves them under a lot of pressure to turn it around on Christmas Eve. Equally, should Munster do the double on us (I don't think they will for what its worth but anyway) we'll go into the game under the same amount of pressure.

Should be a (Christmas) cracker.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Scott11 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:25 pm Two fantastic sides! Thats an AP blank,every team lost and not one close bar Bath
Still, that was the first loss in Europe for Saracens in two years, the first loss at Sandy Park for Exeter in one year

I wouldn't mind a Tigers record like that.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I don't believe Sarries are in decline!
I do think Clermont have upped their level!
Sarries are missing big players, and up front where it really does matter, any side would miss Itoje and Billy Vunipola but add to that Shalk Brits who is not just one of the best forwards in the Premiership but one of the best players currently playing in Europe in my opinion!
It's good to see them humbled for a change but one big difference for me between Sarries and Tigers, and that is Sarries were still prepared to put out young players like Ben Earl and Nathan Earl in difficult circumstances!
I'd similarly like to see Leicester put some faith in the likes of Worth and Simmons!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BFG wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am I don't believe Sarries are in decline!
Sarries are missing big players, and up front where it really does matter, any side would miss Itoje and Billy Vunipola but add to that Shalk Brits who is not just one of the best forwards in the Premiership but one of the best players currently playing in Europe in my opinion!
It's good to see them humbled for a change but one big difference for me between Sarries and Tigers, and that is Sarries were still prepared to put out young players like Ben Earl and Nathan Earl in difficult circumstances!
I'd similarly like to see Leicester put some faith in the likes of Worth and Simmons!
I must admit that I do get a little schadenfreude when it comes to seeing Mr Sanderson squirm, but I take no pleasure in Saracens' current predicament. Saracens are good for English rugby and good for the game.

To be fair, he's had good reason to be smug in recent years, and I can't see this losing streak lasting for too long.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Roly wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:17 am
BFG wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am I don't believe Sarries are in decline!
I must admit that I do get a little schadenfreude when it comes to seeing Mr Sanderson squirm, but I take no pleasure in Saracens' current predicament. Saracens are good for English rugby and good for the game.

To be fair, he's had good reason to be smug in recent years, and I can't see this losing streak lasting for too long.
The Sarries dip could well be season long, we will see, but I would expect them to go back to the drawing board and use the season to build in certain areas and then come again stronger!