Veainu broken jaw

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Veainu broken jaw

Post by ellis9 »

BBC Leicester have said that MOC has confirmed that Veainu has broken his jaw.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Veainu broken jaw

Post by HantsTiger »

Damn! Although not a surprise, can we get an injury replacement on loan if he's out for a while?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

so 3 months out?

wonder if we will look to get in a injury replacement?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

That is a blow for him, hope he makes a full and swift recovery.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

IMHO his injury was sustained by his opponent recklessly leading with the head and Garces and Co were only concerned about the self inflicted injury to the Munster player.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm so 3 months out?

I think we’ve already bought in his replacement/back up in pakalani, and if your not bringing them in as replacements for your centres where you have no cover.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The cash available for replacements is restrricted I believe, so it may not be possible to bring in any other player/s.......correct me if I am wrong.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Stephen18 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:31 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 pm so 3 months out?

I think we’ve already bought in his replacement/back up in pakalani, and if your not bringing them in as replacements for your centres where you have no cover.
Our registered Atieli Pakalani was chosen as full back for Tonga over Telusa so there is an automatic in squad replacement. Perhaps this very unfortunate injury to Telusa opens the door to the squad for Holmes. Get well soon you will be on smoothies for weeks now!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

wormus wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:48 pm Our registered Atieli Pakalani was chosen as full back for Tonga over Telusa so there is an automatic in squad replacement.
Wasn't Veainu 'rested' enabling Tonga to look at alternatives and develop younger players, rather than Pakalani chosen over him?

Either way, you're right about the in squad replacement aspect and I'd certainly be giving Jonah Holmes a look in somehow too.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

We didn't spend Manu's annual dispensation on a much required centre, so I very much doubt we've got any allocated to do so now.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:10 pm IMHO his injury was sustained by his opponent recklessly leading with the head and Garces and Co were only concerned about the self inflicted injury to the Munster player.
Yep - should be cited for it.....<decides not to hold his breath>
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:10 pm IMHO his injury was sustained by his opponent recklessly leading with the head and Garces and Co were only concerned about the self inflicted injury to the Munster player.
I was a little surprised they didn't review that given the modern law interpretations which state any high tackle that makes first contact with the head is a straight red card. Now it might well have been a clash of heads but I thought we'd see a review as to the Munster lads overall body position going into contact first.

Big loss for us. Hope TV heals up quickly and doesn't require much surgery.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Darn. Probably a couple of months out.

Who do you think should replace him at full back? Pakalani, Tait, Worth, Simmonds or Olowofela?
I don't think May, Holmes or Thommo have ever played there.
Personally I wouldn't pick Tait as Zebo will murder him, if anybody is going to get a lesson I'd rather it were somebody who has something to learn. I know nothing about Pakalani. Olowofela has been the FB for the development side, Worth is okay but looks more like a center to me. So I'd go with either Olowofela or Simmonds
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Spicer wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 pm Darn. Probably a couple of months out.

Who do you think should replace him at full back? Pakalani, Tait, Worth, Simmonds or Olowofela?
I don't think May, Holmes or Thommo have ever played there.
Personally I wouldn't pick Tait as Zebo will murder him, if anybody is going to get a lesson I'd rather it were somebody who has something to learn. I know nothing about Pakalani. Olowofela has been the FB for the development side, Worth is okay but looks more like a center to me. So I'd go with either Olowofela or Simmonds
While Olowofela is definitely one for the future just throwing him in the deep end for Champions Cup isn't a good idea, same for Simmons and he's isn't a natural fullback in my opinion. For me it's either international Pakalani or Champions Cup experienced Worth
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Yet another injury and no protection from refs.
We get these knee jerk laws to protect players long term injury , and refs interpretation of these laws cause more harm long term.
Then we get sighting committees that should be able to sight players but do not sight referees . The cycle continues unabated.
It is apparent that this season refs are to let the game run and not rely on tmo. How wrong to back track on a system that works and is being reviewed by the round ball mob.
Get well soon.