All not well for Mallender? - updated to Sacked!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: All not well for Mallender? - updated to Sacked!

Post by RagingBull »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:09 pm The Stains fans seem to be angling for Pat Lam to go back to them. Can't see it myself but there are a lot of comments on social media with his name being No1.
Saints wouldn't be a able to afford him both contract wise and buy out wise.

Wonder if Dusty has some saints players numbers?
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

No way Wellsy will leave Newcastle. Far too loyal.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

This is hilarious!

Spot the obvious mistake!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... on-saints/
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 pm This is hilarious!

I spot 2 mistakes. The photo of Cockerill when talking about Ford but also this one:
May 21, 2011 Northampton looked to be on course win the Heineken Cup for the second time after Mallinder’s side raced to a 21-6 lead at half-time in the final in Cardiff. A Jonny Sexton-inspired Leinster side however snatched a dramatic 33-22 victory.

Somehow, Saints had 21 points at half time but then managed to finish the match with 22!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:36 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 pm This is hilarious!

I spot 2 mistakes. The photo of Cockerill when talking about Ford but also this one:
May 21, 2011 Northampton looked to be on course win the Heineken Cup for the second time after Mallinder’s side raced to a 21-6 lead at half-time in the final in Cardiff. A Jonny Sexton-inspired Leinster side however snatched a dramatic 33-22 victory.

Somehow, Saints had 21 points at half time but then managed to finish the match with 22!
Can't believe I missed that second mistake, Ellis. I really must study these things more closely before spontaneously putting half-thought through posts on here. Mea culpa.....mea totally culpa!

[inside...... :smt068 ......I'm screaming]
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Ah...they spotted their mistake!

For those who missed it, the Torygraph had a headline of "Mike Ford in pole position to replace Jim Mallinder at Northampton Saints" - with a photo of Cockers instead of the aforementioned George & Joey's Dad!

[...wonder if Ellis tipped them off...???]
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I know for a fact that Mike Ford is due back in the country very shortly but before anyone reads too much into that, he was always coming back to spend Xmas with George long before this arose.
Hehehehehehehehe
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 am I know for a fact that Mike Ford is due back in the country very shortly but before anyone reads too much into that, he was always coming back to spend Xmas with George long before this arose.

Has he ever been away ?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:50 pm Ah...they spotted their mistake!

For those who missed it, the Torygraph had a headline of "Mike Ford in pole position to replace Jim Mallinder at Northampton Saints" - with a photo of Cockers instead of the aforementioned George & Joey's Dad!

So Ford to Saints. Closer for him to move to Welford Road when we sack MOC for poor results. :smt005
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:12 am
strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:50 pm Ah...they spotted their mistake!

So Ford to Saints. Closer for him to move to Welford Road when we sack MOC for poor results. :smt005
And Jim & Dorian are now free to move to Welford Rd after a worldwide and exhaustive search.... it would be funny if it wasn't so possible.

JM has paid the price but it's the players and coaches who are at fault. George North has been a waste of money, Ben Foden is a waste of a shirt, Tom Wood seems happy to play carpenter and bushman, but doesn't seem too fussed about his day job. Hartley is happy to tread water, so long as he's England captain he doesn't much care... it's a long list. JM has gone, Nobby keeps his job, hopefully not for long. Shame.

I wonder how long it will be before Quins start looking at JK.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Now who is JK? No I give up!
Give blood, play rugby!!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Ah, I see now - John Kingston. Still it's lazy using acronyms. :smt018 :smt018
Give blood, play rugby!!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

wardy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:31 am Ah, I see now - John Kingston. Still it's lazy using acronyms. :smt018 :smt018
Whilst you may be right, I think most reasonably intelligent people with any real rugby knowledge would have grasped the context of the article, and put Quins and the acronym together quite easily.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

sapajo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 am
trendylfj wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:03 am I know for a fact that Mike Ford is due back in the country very shortly but before anyone reads too much into that, he was always coming back to spend Xmas with George long before this arose.
Yes he is in the states as we speak but I believe he "is" due back on 21st, but who knows if he was to come back early or why - certainly not me.

Has he ever been away ?
Hehehehehehehehe
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Cracks me up how many on social media are banging about no loyalty, rugby getting like football, it's just a run of bad results, etc. They got humped at home to an half empty stadium by an injury stricken average Pro14 team. AND this sort of thing has become much more frequent over the last couple of seasons. A bit like Tigers there comes a point where your principle of being a fine upstanding tradiotional rugby club starts to kick you where it hurts.