Bored with the same old moaning

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Bored with the same old moaning

Post by ellis9 »

I'd just like to place on record to everyone (apart from Scott11 as he doesn't want me to address him anymore) that I'm not a wind up merchant, I just have strong opinions which I will defend if people challenge them, which they are entitled to to do, as it's my right to do so too.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Thanks to the OP for a balanced appraisal IMO of our travails of the last few years. I have had fans from Wuss and Glaws say they'd be pleased with our 'failure' to be theirs, for once.
I am posting less and less on this forum because of the return to the old days when any opinion was flamed so rudely that new posters left immediately, and the actual posters diminished slowly, in the face of insults and interpersonal feuds.
I personally welcome disagreement, while also valuing opinions from those like Raging Bull, tigerburnie, strawclearer, doghashisday, longlivethecrumbie and even the exuberent Scott11 and perennial optimist ellis. Tigger is on my 'bored' list, which is an option.
Please don't ruin this forum. It has improved so far since the bad old days.

FWIW I expect a playoff place to MAYBE within reach, but TBH can see nothing too wonderful in the churn this season - however we do seem to be building a formidable side. We have some real gems (our England lads, our SSI lads, Malouf, Holmes, Thommo, our Welsh Scot and so on). I see an improved coach in MOC. I am optimistic but not overly so. :smt006
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 pm FWIW I expect a playoff place to MAYBE within reach, but TBH can see nothing too wonderful in the churn this season - however we do seem to be building a formidable side. We have some real gems (our England lads, our SSI lads, Malouf, Holmes, Thommo, our Welsh Scot and so on). I see an improved coach in MOC. I am optimistic but not overly so. :smt006
You need to get real matey, we're on a... cliff edge

We've been edging ever closer since, err, well pretty much forever.

It's all Cockers fault, or perhaps Deano, I can't remember... anyway ask Dusty Hare, he'll know.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Scott11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:40 pm Ellis im certainly a realist,and i wasn't asking you!

realist
ˈriːəlɪst/
noun
noun: realist; plural noun: realists

a person who accepts a situation as it is and is prepared to deal with it accordingly.

pessimist
ˈpɛsɪmɪst/
noun
noun: pessimist; plural noun: pessimists

a person who tends to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen.

What do you think people, which description suits Scott the best?
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Realistically? 😂
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Scott11 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 pm Realistically? 😂
Positively :smt002 :smt003
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Absolutely! Could cry over Genge though!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:21 pm
jgriffin wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 pm FWIW I expect a playoff place to MAYBE within reach, but TBH can see nothing too wonderful in the churn this season - however we do seem to be building a formidable side. We have some real gems (our England lads, our SSI lads, Malouf, Holmes, Thommo, our Welsh Scot and so on). I see an improved coach in MOC. I am optimistic but not overly so. :smt006
You need to get real matey, we're on a... cliff edge

We've been edging ever closer since, err, well pretty much forever.

It's all Cockers fault, or perhaps Deano, I can't remember... anyway ask Dusty Hare, he'll know.
:smt038 :smt039
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

'Bootface' - welcome to the forum and thank you for starting a thread with a considered viewpoint. Thank you also to JG for his kind words and for reminding us all how precious is a forum that informs, entertains and educates its participants.

Two thoughts spring to mind:

1. I hope this becomes a permanent thread which attracts all the personal bickering and disingenuous behaviour so that other threads can be more fun.

2. Albert Einstein had it right when he said “Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.”
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 am
LE10Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 am What a surprise from Roly i'm surprised that he actually 'supports' tigers at all
I 'follow' Tigers - I don't 'support' them - not according to some people on here who as far as I can tell, define 'supporting' as turning up three hours before each home game so that they can claim their favourite spot on the Crumbie. giving them the best opportunity to slow clap the officials and bemoan the apparent decline in the standards of the game in general, whilst filling their wellies quicker than they can empty them with over-priced, pre-poured beer, in plastic glasses, served by clueless staff at the head of a gargantuan queue.

N.B. This does not give you the moral high ground.
Genuinely quite funny
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 am I continue to serve and am proud to do so.
Do you mean in the Final Whistle?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Bootface

Post by Bootface »

Well whilst I’m not completely surprised by some responses I didn’t expect it to get quite so personal. It’s just my view after all. :smt001 Thank you to Cagy Tiger, Tiger Beat, J Griffin & Strawclearer for your kind words.
In response to LE18; It wasn't intended as a moan just my opinion, I had a bad day at work & had been reading so many negative posts. I felt a more balanced & less negative view might be in order.
In answer to Scott 11 - Optimistic Realist. :smt002
As far as Roly goes, I thought of responding but then terms my daughters used when they were teenagers sprang to mind. ‘Whatever’ ‘bovvered’. :smt015 But one thing I will say is, any similarity to a previous poster is coincidental. It’s just you Roly. :smt045
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

BFG wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:22 pm By the way, Bootface, what an awesome username!
Welcome Bootface great name but in line with recent trends shouldn't it be Booty Mc Bootface?

Keep posting. Your opinion is as valid as any other on here.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:21 pm
Well, its a sure thing you wont dare admit that it might actually be true, or know why, but it's the prerogative of people with superiority complexes to suggest that they do....

There is a balance between people on here who are genuinely optimistic, and those that are eternally pessimistic (I have proven to be both). How that point of view is expressed appears to be the sticking point for some. And i'll admit that I do get a certain amount of enjoyment from seeing people get their knickers in a twist over what is really, not that important in the big scheme. I suppose that as civvies, they've little else to worry about in this workaday world. They should try putting their lives into perspective some time.. (that sounds familiar).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:34 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 am
Roly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 am So, we've established that half the problem is that other teams cheat, and the other half is that the referees don't like Tigers.

The steady decline of recent years is because Cockerill upset a gypsy.

People criticising the team have a right to do so, it does not mean that they want to see the team do badly. Should I be bored with the same old blind faith, blinkered opinion and sycophantic optimism?

Moving on.
Complete and utter misrepresentation of the OP. Where does it say anything about half this, half that?
Oh, you're right, I saw a similar misrepresentation by the CA on the 'Well done Quins' thread of what I'd previously said, and thought it must be acceptable to make things up as I went a long?

Isn't that how it works?
As you are a "public servant" in your current job in the army, may I suggest that when you return to civvy street, you continue your service to your country and become a Member of Parliament? (note I didn't say MP as that might be misinterpreted). As illustrated above, you do a nice job of not answering the question, deflecting criticism elsewhere and you seem to subscribe to the "2 wrongs DO make a right" school of thought. All useful weapons in a politician's armoury. Also, despite the flack that you get on here, you still keep coming back for more, so you have the necessary "thick skin". You'd go far :smt023