Munster vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Munster vs Tigers

Post by Roly »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:39 pm MO'C on Tatafu Polota-Nau...

"He’s arrived, along with a blizzard, and is enjoying sunny Leicester. He’ll be registered and we will see how he gets on before making a call."

Asked about injured-duo Manu Tuilagi and Matt Toomua...

"When they’re fit, they will play."

Afa Pakalani...

"Unfortunately unavailable for selection with quite a significant injury he picked up with Tonga."
Toomua has already said he wont be fit until after Christmas, I'm fed up of saying it.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

"He’s arrived, along with a blizzard, and is enjoying sunny Leicester. He’ll be registered and we will see how he gets on before making a call."

Afa Pakalani...

"Unfortunately unavailable for selection with quite a significant injury he picked up with Tonga."
Thanks for the update.

Translations:

"He’s arrived, along with a blizzard, and is enjoying sunny Leicester. He’ll be registered and we will see how he gets on before making a call." Might be available for the Sarries game

"When they’re fit, they will play." They'll be available after the Exeter Chiefs game

"Unfortunately unavailable for selection with quite a significant injury he picked up with Tonga." We've no idea when he'll be back

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Joking aside I'd love to see Taf selected against Munster and I'm hoping that either Matt or Manu (or even both) will be able to take some part in that game.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Roly wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Afa Pakalani...

Toomua has already said he wont be fit until after Christmas, I'm fed up of saying it.
So...stop saying it? I don't think anyone's disagreeing and the post was simply to report what O'Connor said at today's press conference!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 pm
Roly wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Afa Pakalani...

So...stop saying it? I don't think anyone's disagreeing and the post was simply to report what O'Connor said at today's press conference!
Poor MoC, looks more like a rabbit in the headlights every day. Is anyone else starting to think that the club was sold a pup there?:
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

So I think therefore we can assume that we won't see Manu, Toomua, Veaniu or Pakalani take part in the game this weekend.

Why not go a bit crazy with selection this week?

15. George Worth
14. Jonny May
13. Nick Malouf
12. Charlie Thacker
11. Adam Thompstone
10. George Ford
9. Ben Youngs
1. Logo Mulipola
2. Tom Youngs (c)
3. Dan Cole
4. Dom Barrow
5. Harry Wells
6. Mike Williams
7. Will Evans
8. Brendan O'Connor

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Michele Rizzo
18. Chris Baumann
19. Mike Fitzgerald
20. Luke Hamilton
21. Sam Harrison
22. Mat Tait
23. Matt Smith
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MOC back to doing what he does best spinning us into a daze.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Roly wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:06 pm Poor MoC, looks more like a rabbit in the headlights every day. Is anyone else starting to think that the club was sold a pup there?:
To me he looks like a head coach who needs a DoR to sit above him and let him do what he's good at, coaching.

The fact that he's currently overseeing the Backs, Offense, Defense along with handling the team management sides of things suggests we need more investment in our coaching structure.

Smurf is probably off to Cardiff leaving us with O'Connor (Head Coach), Deacon (Assistant Coach), Boris (Scrum coach).

We can't get away with a threadbare coaching set up anymore. We don't have the senior players to pass on their knowledge. We don't have a defensive general on the pitch to keep the players in line. We don't have a wily old lock/prop to sort the forwards out. Yes I know we have Mr Cohen's favourite scout as head of operations but we need to provide more help to our coaches.
Richard Burnett
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Nah Roly,no stone left uturned,wordwide search by a crack recruitment team MOC has to be the man surely! 😉 If Saints go out and get someone like Stirling,Boyd,Plumtree,Deans etc ill lose my ****! Although i expect them to try and tempt Lancaster
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Scott11 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:14 pm Nah Roly,no stone left uturned,wordwide search by a crack recruitment team MOC has to be the man surely! 😉 If Saints go out and get someone like Stirling,Boyd,Plumtree,Deans etc ill lose my ****! Although i expect them to try and tempt Lancaster
Lancaster will do a good job there. They value bringing youth through and he'll fit the bill I think.

Don't be surprised to watch them pip us to Plumtree as forwards coach as well.
Richard Burnett
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Does he need the grief though? Hes doing very well at Leinster.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

He's only defense coach at Leinster isn't he?

Following teflons book, he may jump at the chance to prove his worth properly.
Richard Burnett
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Scott11 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:14 pm Nah Roly,no stone left uturned,wordwide search by a crack recruitment team MOC has to be the man surely! 😉 If Saints go out and get someone like Stirling,Boyd,Plumtree,Deans etc ill lose my ****! Although i expect them to try and tempt Lancaster
Not a bad shout - what would Lancaster cost them though? Leinster seem comfortable enough with him at the club.

Wouldn't mind him as DoR at Tigers actually, although there are some on here who can't see past his England record, or call him anything else but 'clot'. Still, I'm willing to bet that the joke would be on them.

As has already been said, you just know Saints are going to make Plumtree an offer he can't refuse and the others you mention are fair game for any club with genuine aspiration.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

TTRITH wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:08 pm So I think therefore we can assume that we won't see Manu, Toomua, Veaniu or Pakalani take part in the game this weekend.

Why not go a bit crazy with selection this week?

15. George Worth
14. Jonny May
13. Nick Malouf
12. Charlie Thacker
11. Adam Thompstone
10. George Ford
9. Ben Youngs
1. Logo Mulipola
2. Tom Youngs (c)
3. Dan Cole
4. Dom Barrow
5. Harry Wells
6. Mike Williams
7. Will Evans
8. Brendan O'Connor

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau
17. Michele Rizzo
18. Chris Baumann
19. Mike Fitzgerald
20. Luke Hamilton
21. Sam Harrison
22. Mat Tait
23. Matt Smith
Tatafu Polota-Nau is still not registered for Europe, today we took Jake Kerr and Tuohy out and put Maksymiw in 2 out 1 in ??? - http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3