Michael Cheika

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Michael Cheika

Post by ourla »

I heard an interview with him on the radio at the weekend. He's alright.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Non story.

The apparent importance with which someone views this 'crime of the century' is directly proportional to their own racial prejudice as far as I can tell.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Roly wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:34 am
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:07 am
Roly wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 am

Yes, I expect its a lesson that the children of the adults barracking Chieka as he left his seat were keen to take on board.
Well if he is going to stomp around Twickers like a kid who has been told no then he is fair game in my opinion!
No-one said the coach isn't fair game did they, just leave the ref alone!
He didn't speak to the referee and only spoke briefly to the side-line officials. It was all on camera - I'm no lip reader, but it was hardly in the same league as EJ four-letter expletive laden explosion the week before.

However, If I read correctly, its not the language, its the general conduct he's being investigated for. Of course, he isn't the first head coach or DoR to be investigated and punished for such behaviour, but obviously, because he's an Ozzie, he deserves it and should grow up.

I personally don't take any pleasure out of the situation he finds himself in.
The bloke has the best coaching job in world rugby in my opinion and needs no pity!
I struggle to think of any international coach who has more talented players at his disposal, is allowed to experiment and blood new players and lose matches in the cycle between World Cups with the excuse that his best players are playing overseas, and then call them all up at World Cup time and have a fantastically well rounded squad to choose from!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BFG wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:40 pm
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:07 am

Well if he is going to stomp around Twickers like a kid who has been told no then he is fair game in my opinion!
No-one said the coach isn't fair game did they, just leave the ref alone!
He didn't speak to the referee and only spoke briefly to the side-line officials. It was all on camera - I'm no lip reader, but it was hardly in the same league as EJ four-letter expletive laden explosion the week before.

However, If I read correctly, its not the language, its the general conduct he's being investigated for. Of course, he isn't the first head coach or DoR to be investigated and punished for such behaviour, but obviously, because he's an Ozzie, he deserves it and should grow up.

The bloke has the best coaching job in world rugby in my opinion and needs no pity!
I struggle to think of any international coach who has more talented players at his disposal, is allowed to experiment and blood new players and lose matches in the cycle between World Cups with the excuse that his best players are playing overseas, and then call them all up at World Cup time and have a fantastically well rounded squad to choose from!
I'm not sure any of that provides an excuse to vent personal prejudice or casual racism.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Roly wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:55 pm
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:40 pm

I'm not sure any of that provides an excuse to vent personal prejudice or casual racism.
Oo-er! :smt005
Who would've thought it all possible at an England v Australia fixture!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Cheika got :censored: off, with a bit of goading from England supporters, he had a seriously frustrating day at the office and I would probably be rather wound up too. But, I would expect some consequences if I ranted at fans and officials. I'm sure a slap on the wrist will suffice. His measured interview post match should go in his favour, I thought he did pretty well with it.

And yes, it's always fun to beat the Aussies, just as they enjoy beating us. It's a bit of fun.

(no, that isn't racist, because Australian is a nationality not a race)
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

Roly wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:28 am
Scott11 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 am Ozzies are whingers Roly,get yourself over to Green and Gold rugby forum and read their posts. Hilarious!
I'm really not that desperate to gloat to be honest.
No, you’re saving up your gloats for the next time we lose :smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:51 pm
You're absolutely right, I meant xenophobic.

Also, I've never met a nice South African, they should all grow up.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Roly wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 am

Am I allowed to say the word sweaty when England play Scotland!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Roly wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 am

Nationalism and xenophobia are positively encouraged by society these days, so while it may be morally equal to racism, it's perfectly acceptable to most.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Cheika is a good bloke and a decent coach.

However I did enjoy his trials and tribulations last week, likewise I loved beating the Aussies, especially with some controversial decisions..!!!

Does this make me racist or xenophobic? Don't think so, I just love good sports banter and whilst I may be absolutely loving it inside, if I meet a nice Aussie I'm more than likely to be kind and sympathetic to them; within reason!! :smt002

As for the Welsh..... I don't even like their coach :smt003
Soggypitch