Tigers v Worcester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Worcester

Post by Mark62 »

With Genge and Cole being retained we have to hope that Bateman Cilliers and possibly Logo are fit for Saturday or it will be a hard day at the coal face for the pack
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 pm With Genge and Cole being retained we have to hope that Bateman Cilliers and possibly Logo are fit for Saturday or it will be a hard day at the coal face for the pack
Especially if against Schonert
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Spicer wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:43 pm Why wasn't Veaniu playing for Tonga? Surely they don't have better full backs/wingers. Unless they're trailing people.

Sorry if this has already been done.
Schhhh!! They probably haven't missed him yet
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Sky sports mention Te’o one of the 9 released back to there club, hopefully he was rehabbing with them, as I don’t fancy him running at our possible back line.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Stephen18 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:19 pm Sky sports mention Te’o one of the 9 released back to there club, hopefully he was rehabbing with them, as I don’t fancy him running at our possible back line.
Yes he was rehabbing
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:41 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:11 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:04 pm Sorry JP he is no where near good enough for premiership rugby. It’s all very well saying put him on the bench but if there was a match ending injury 5 minutes in to one of the starting back row, that could potentially cost the match
I wouldn't called Baumann premiership standard either but injury and international unavailability will mean that he is probably on the bench this Saturday.

I respect your opinion but I do believe that Tuilagi Jr deserves his chance, maybe not against Worcester but at some point during this premiership season
I respect your opinion too and that is what forums are about
Oh the irony..... :smt046
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

JP14 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:11 pm
Mark62 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:04 pm Sorry JP he is no where near good enough for premiership rugby. It’s all very well saying put him on the bench but if there was a match ending injury 5 minutes in to one of the starting back row, that could potentially cost the match
I respect your opinion but I do believe that Tuilagi Jr deserves his chance, maybe not against Worcester but at some point during this premiership season
So if F Tuilagi isn't good enough to play in the AP yet (and he isn't) then why would you include him in a match day squad other than against Worcester?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I think we better hope there aren't too many scrums .Batemen and Cilliers will do a decent job but if we have to use Bauman and Traynor it will be a bit tricky .
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

MikeR wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:30 am I think we better hope there aren't too many scrums .Batemen and Cilliers will do a decent job but if we have to use Bauman and Traynor it will be a bit tricky .
I haven't seen much of Worcester this season, but what I have seen has left me a bit confused as to their lowly league position.

I know they don't have a big squad and they have had injuries to some key personnel, but they do play some nice running rugby and their forward unit is pretty strong. They look to have turned a corner with their win on Saturday and will prove a hand full whether it was a false dawn or not.

Might be a game that grinding out a win is the best option. Nothing fancy.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 am I haven't seen much of Worcester this season, but what I have seen has left me a bit confused as to their lowly league position.
Read the first post in the thread. It explains. Not from me but a Worcester fan.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

"Leicester Tigers' Tom Brady, Logovi'i Mulipola, Matthew Tait, Pat Cilliers and Dom Barrow all fit and available to face Worcester, Matt O'Connor confirms."

According to BBC radio Leicester
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:10 pm
Roly wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 am I haven't seen much of Worcester this season, but what I have seen has left me a bit confused as to their lowly league position.
Read the first post in the thread. It explains. Not from me but a Worcester fan.

I read it, funnily enough, I also understood it - hence my second paragraph. It doesn't alter the fact that they play some nice rugby and despite adversity, should be higher up the table.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 pm "Leicester Tigers' Tom Brady, Logovi'i Mulipola, Matthew Tait, Pat Cilliers and Dom Barrow all fit and available to face Worcester, Matt O'Connor confirms."

10 Penalties Barrow....

Sigh.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 pm "Leicester Tigers' Tom Brady, Logovi'i Mulipola, Matthew Tait, Pat Cilliers and Dom Barrow all fit and available to face Worcester, Matt O'Connor confirms."

That would be very good, not sure where Brady would fit though.

My team
1) Bateman
2) Youngs
3) Cilliers
4) Barrow
5) Kitchener
6) Williams
7) Evans
8) Mapapalnagi/BOC
9) Harrison
10) Ford
11) Malouf
12) Tait/Owen (Owen prob out)
13) Smith
14) Thompstone
15) Veainu/Tait

16) Thacker
17) Traynor
18) Mulipola
19) Fitzgerald
20) BOC/Wells
21) Simmons
22) Hardwick
23) Holmes/Tait
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

Looks a highly likely prediction RB - but why Owen out? Not seen that. Assume Brady more likely to play Sunday in A game. Incidentally agree with general view that Baumann not set things alight so far but Traynor looks a handy no 3 L/H to me.
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.