Fixture clash

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Fixture clash

Post by ellis9 »

Scott11 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:14 am Jeez I've never saw so much moaning! Make a decision! It's happened before it will happen again,me I'm a country before club man so have given my ST away to friends but if it was the other way around I'd be at WR while recording the England game or watching the highlights on BBC2 or the full game on YouTube later on, mountain and molehill spring to mind!
I know. The same applies for people moaning about kick off day and time changes. It has happened before and will keep on happening. Make a decision as to whether to buy a season ticket or not and don't moan about it.

This was why I made the tongue in cheek comment.
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

Now you can watch both games "live".

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/en ... s-saturday
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Are you in that picture of the Try Line Club, Noddy?
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Ellis suggests Tigers kick off mid day, that affects many who watch their kids on a Saturday morning, also many Tigers fans live a distance away travelling from Norfolk, Essex, Staffordshire and even further away all these should be inconvenienced just because one or two don't want to press the record button. I am sure on this occasion at least Tigers have made a decision that suits the majority of their fans.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:13 pm Ellis suggests Tigers kick off mid day, that affects many who watch their kids on a Saturday morning, also many Tigers fans live a distance away travelling from Norfolk, Essex, Staffordshire and even further away all these should be inconvenienced just because one or two don't want to press the record button. I am sure on this occasion at least Tigers have made a decision that suits the majority of their fans.
Incorrect. Kids rugby played on Sunday, not Saturday.

I also travel from outside of Leicester and I'd still be happy with a midday kick off.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:15 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:13 pm Ellis suggests Tigers kick off mid day, that affects many who watch their kids on a Saturday morning, also many Tigers fans live a distance away travelling from Norfolk, Essex, Staffordshire and even further away all these should be inconvenienced just because one or two don't want to press the record button. I am sure on this occasion at least Tigers have made a decision that suits the majority of their fans.
Incorrect. Kids rugby played on Sunday, not Saturday.

I also travel from outside of Leicester and I'd still be happy with a midday kick off.
Schools rugby is played on a Saturday morning!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Kids do a variety of things on a Saturday morning, This week one granddaughter will be playing tennis followed by dance, another will be playing football, a grandson will be in a tennis match, school sports are often on Saturdays and many Dads like to be there. Ellis I think you have pushed this " tongue in cheek " debate so far I am beginning to think you really mean it.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

So only the private school kids will be affected. Not that many then!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Hopefully people have realised you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Instead of moaning when kick off times don't suit and then blaming Tigers, hopefully you'll realise that there will always be a time that doesn't suit someone.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Is that a joke Ellis? 😂
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

First World problems. I (as I suspect many billions worldwide also do) wish my biggest problem in life was a fixture clash on a Saturday afternoon.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Ticket sales look well up so perhaps it is a popular time after all .
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Scott11 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:01 pm Is that a joke Ellis? 😂
Is what a joke?
Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:06 am First World problems. I (as I suspect many billions worldwide also do) wish my biggest problem in life was a fixture clash on a Saturday afternoon.
Thankfully, I don't really have any problems to worry about. To be honest, if I want to make tongue in cheek comments, I am more than entitled to do so. If as you say, you have bigger things to worry about, then you don't need to comment on this or other topics.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

MikeR wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:41 am Ticket sales look well up so perhaps it is a popular time after all .
Saturday 3pm kick offs should be a sell out with the amount of moaning from people about not having enough of them.

I have never said they aren't popular.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Agree Hot_Charlie, seems the topic was created just for arguments sake!
Some sort of double bluff!
That said you might think in that case that an apology might be offered when a poster trying to be a clever dick and make others look silly then wrongly calls out another as incorrect, or if not an apology then at least a pint offered!