Croft retires

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Croft retires

Post by Roly »

G.K wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 pm Well, Tigers don't have a forwards coach and Tom's not busy at the moment, I wonder.......
That's right, he's ex-Tigers, so must be perfect for the job. Even if he isn't.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

G.K wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 pm Well, Tigers don't have a forwards coach and Tom's not busy at the moment, I wonder.......
Fine player that he was, I'm far from convinced he'd adapt to coaching.
In my opinion, he should distance himself somewhat from rugby for the moment and see what turns up - perhaps what NONAME has mentioned above may appeal to him.
Semper in excretia
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

So much anger against always giving ex-players coaching jobs at Tigers - and now we're advocating Croft and Vesty as a new coaching team...

The board really do need to look outside the Tigers bubble in future - there is no longer a winning mentality that can be perpetuated by continuity. We need fresh ideas.

No organisation will continue to be successful if their formula is "we have been winning, so we must keep doing exactly the same thing, regardless of what everyone else is doing". The world changes, and so must Tigers.
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

wormus wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:47 am
strawclearer wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:33 pm
wormus wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:08 pm

Thankyou Strawclearer for this article this is a too frequent occurrence in todays employment world and is very common to those Ministry of Defence servicemen and women who enter straight from school and are cocooned into a sanitised world within and then leave that environment without a plan.
This is the time for family, friends and quality professional counselling and this article is a good sign from Tom that he needs assistance from those about him. I feel sure that Tigers recognise this and will / must support him in his new ventures outside of professional rugby. Good luck Tom you deserve it. :smt023
This is so important and I sincerely hope it's being provided. In one of my earlier reincarnations, I was professionally involved in such counselling. The stages he'll go through are much the same as bereavement - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance and are how we learn to live with what we've lost. It's not that simple, of course - he'll go backwards and forwards between the stages, eventually arriving (exhausted) at 'acceptance'. It's a very personal journey - even though he'll have thousands of us willing him on.
Exactly! :smt023
+2 :smt023