Genge, Lozowski and Kruis sent back to clubs!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Genge, Lozowski and Kruis sent back to clubs!

Post by Roly »

BFG wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm TW postcode counts for a lot!
That is patently not true.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Scott11 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:53 pm Two of those are ridiculous,one is right. I'll let you decide....
I'm guessing you mean that rotating the players (as EJ said he would) and that sending Kruis to his club was the correct decision.

He didn't have a good game v Argentina, but then, none of the team did. Actually, Kruis led the lineout superbly last week in one of the only functioning aspects of the front 5.

I hardly think this is a big issue, there are 4 class locks in the England set up with a potential 5th emerging. You only need 3 in a match day squad.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Roly wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 am
BFG wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm TW postcode counts for a lot!
That is patently not true.
I know, it's hyperbole! :smt005

I am very disappointed with elements of this squad to be honest and think we have been there and seen it all before!
They have an excellent crop of English or English qualified players and are afraid to really go got it IMO!
Wes

Post by Wes »

So when was he last yellow carded?

When was he last red carded? (nearly 60 matches ago is the answer).
Do you know why he wasn't available last weekend?

Here's a clue....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41751064

Not an angel is he?

I'd take Genge above Marler any day of the week, however EJ seems to know what he's doing. I suspect Genge has a very, very bright international future, but he's young, and experience counts in a big game. Hopefully he'll be back next week and in the 6-nations.
I only live there to wind up the population!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Wes wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 am
So when was he last yellow carded?

When was he last red carded? (nearly 60 matches ago is the answer).
Do you know why he wasn't available last weekend?

Here's a clue....

Not an angel is he?
Was he yellow carded at the time? I don't recall.....that was, after all, the question I asked wasn't it.

And 'no-angel' - absolutely, that's what I said but you conveniently (intentionally?) omitted from your quote.

Jones knows what he's doing, as I said and you repeated.

Genge will get plenty of opportunity to play for England before the WC, it just wont be this weekend, there's far too many people getting precious about it.
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

Here's a clue....

I don't get it?
The BBC post says Marler is banned for the Ozzy test, but he is named in the squad?
What am I missing? :smt017
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I never thought that Jones was the right man for the England job, I believed the position should have gone to an Englishman, annoyingly E.J seems intent on proving me wrong by getting his team to win matches.
Having played in the front row even if not at a particularly high standard I believe I know a bit about the position, Marco V is England's best loosehead, behind him we have Marler and Genge both good players with our Ellis the younger and very young in prop terms. I believe Genge will go on to be a great prop for our country, he will learn and develop with experience. The nature of the game is that injuries will ensure he gets his chance for a lengthy period in successive matches and will consequently move himself up the pecking order. The Autumn Internationals give Jones the opportunity to have a good look at his squad before the serious business of the 6 Nations and the build up to the World Cup in 2019, I am sure both competitions will include Ellis Genge.
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Surely its better that Ellis gets 80 minutes for us than sitting on the bench for England and getting 10 minutes for them. I think the Samoa game he may get a bench spot or even a starting position. I think it is good rotation from EJ on Genges part we can all see he is the future but the more exposure he gets to top flight rugby the better
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

brooksey845 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:45 am Surely its better that Ellis gets 80 minutes for us than sitting on the bench for England and getting 10 minutes for them.
At this juncture, never a truer word was said.

Its an obvious case of 'be careful what you wish for'.Two tough AP matches coming up and Ellis will be available (I think) for the more difficult of the two.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Imagine if Eng had selected no new players & not rotated the squad, this would be seized upon as a missed opportunity to give players a chance & Eng strength in depth is a myth.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Roly wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 am Imagine if Eng had selected no new players & not rotated the squad, this would be seized upon as a missed opportunity to give players a chance & Eng strength in depth is a myth.
We already know it's a myth, we have seen most of them fail miserably before!
Why waste time trying to prove it, and why and who exactly are they trying to prove it to!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Personally I would have retained Genge and Lozowski and let Marler and Joseph go back.

But as Eddie has won 19 out of 20 matches in charge, I think we need to trust his judgment.

Genge will be very useful on Sunday and I'm sure he will start v Samoa, providing he takes this slight setback with gritted teeth (no moaning), plays well on Sunday and trains well next week.
Soggypitch
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

As well as facing Lozowski and Kruis (and the rest of Saracens) this weekend, Gloucester will welcome former Harlequins scrum-half Karl Dickson who will referee his first ever Aviva Premiership match.

Good luck to all concerned!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

dpoc74 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:27 am

Here's a clue....

I don't get it?
The BBC post says Marler is banned for the Ozzy test, but he is named in the squad?
What am I missing? :smt017
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... l-against/
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

Thank you TomWeston.
It shows exactly what I missed :)