Super User

Re: Tigers v Sale Sharks

Post by voice of the crumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:26 pm Would go with
1) Bateman
2) Youngs
3) Cilliers
4) Barrow
5) Kitchener (should be wells but kitch is a MOC fav)
6) Williams/Wells
7) Evans
8) BOC
9) Harrison
10) Ford
11) Thompstone
12) Owen
13) Smith
14) Malouf
15) Tait

16) Thacker
17) Traynor
18) Betts
19) Tuohy
20) Williams/Wells
21) Simmons
22) Worth
23) Holmes

Saying that i'm hoping we will have back at least 1 tongan and Hamilton.
Is Owen fit again? Also who is to cover 10 are you suggesting Worth or would you move Harrison to 10 and bring on Simmons?
Alternatives would be Tait at 12 and Worth at 15 where he has premiership and European experience Hardwick could then cover 10 from the bench. Given selections for previous games I expect MOC to select Tait at 12 and Smith at 13.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I am coming up for this game with my usual Tigers and Glaws mate, and have convinced a Bath fan to see what a real ground looks like...does anyone know if the England game will be shown at any of the bars in the ground?
There is never any points for 2nd place...
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 am I am coming up for this game with my usual Tigers and Glaws mate, and have convinced a Bath fan to see what a real ground looks like...does anyone know if the England game will be shown at any of the bars in the ground?
Not sure if Tigers are showing the repeat! BUT you do realise that England v Australia is on Saturday 18th ko. @ 15:00 and Tigers v Sale is on SUNDAY ko @ 15:00 Doc!
Your Glaws & Baff friends may be cold on the terrace waiting for Tigers to play.... :smt042
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Yeah I realised after sorting out hotel rooms that it had changed..never one to be put off, a day watching England, few pints and a curry, before a little sleep and watching us get a bonus point win..that's what is written in the stars I feel...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hopefully Rohan Janse Van Rensburg will not be playing this weekend.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Definitely! Superb player!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:02 pm Hopefully Rohan Janse Van Rensburg will not be playing this weekend.
Sale Sharks have said "Rohan will join the Sharks later this week".
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Won't be registered In time then?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

As we have a lot more stars away on international duty than Sale, this could be a tough match for us. We must therefore field our best available team to secure the points, if we don't then we have to hope that other top teams like the Chiefs and Sarries drop points too.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

No less than 9 points out of Sale and Wuss for me Noddy. Sarries play Chiefs so we have to capitalise especially with our next 3 games being Wasps (a) Sarries (h) Chiefs (a) where I think we could be looking at around 6 points.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Take two wins any day of the week............bonus points are just that!! Two wins will keep us in the mix but it could quite easily be two defeats without the players we would normally have available / expected to have available!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

These are the periods that supporters have to have a little bit more patience!
It's a new set up, took a couple of matches to settle down and find some consistency.
We have seen the potential but these international periods are sometimes the price you pay.
How the fixture list is drawn is often crucial, it's Sale and Worcester who have not been weakened by call ups and it's also two home matches, is it being home fixtures a help over the season or a hindrance, our full squad can certainly win away at their places!
I think Leicester can get two wins but Sale and Worcester have some dangerous attacking players and our consistency might have been upset a little but I think all bases are just about covered, we shall see!
I think it'll be eight but four or five points wouldn't be the end of the world!
I don't care how they come about, two losing bonus points with two try bonus points would be four points or one win and a losing bonus point five.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Bonus points are the difference between us and Chiefs being 5 points apart even though we've won and lost the same and finishing 18 points behind them last season despite them only winning 1,yes 1 more game!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scott11 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:39 pm Bonus points are the difference between us and Chiefs being 5 points apart even though we've won and lost the same and finishing 18 points behind them last season despite them only winning 1,yes 1 more game!
I think they'll get there eventually!
Yes they probably should have more bonus points, I think everyone knows that, but considering they are in the early stages of building their squad I think Leicester are in quite a good place!
The squad was left in very good shape, nowhere near as bad as made out by some, it just needs tweaking here and there to take it to the next level!
Flash

Post by Flash »

Scott11 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:39 pm Bonus points are the difference between us and Chiefs being 5 points apart even though we've won and lost the same and finishing 18 points behind them last season despite them only winning 1,yes 1 more game!
We did lose 4 more games than Exeter though, 9 points came from tbp more than us. 10 extra points came from better results and we clawed an extra lbp back compare to them.