Re: Tigers v Sale Sharks

Post by Scott11 »

Thanks for the info!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Two huge games. We always struggle against Sale with full teams and the same can be said about Worcester. Two wins will be a massive confidence boost. I just hope the crowd gets behind the team from the off. We have been very quiet in the first half of games this season.
Extensions of contracts is brilliant news. Get Genge tied down and give Hardwick some chances too.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Ian Cant wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 pm Two huge games. We always struggle against Sale with full teams and the same can be said about Worcester. Two wins will be a massive confidence boost. I just hope the crowd gets behind the team from the off. We have been very quiet in the first half of games this season.
Extensions of contracts is brilliant news. Get Genge tied down and give Hardwick some chances too.
I believe Genge already extended earlier this year. Perhaps someone who definitely knows can confirm.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

BFG wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:37 pm How the fixture list is drawn is often crucial, it's Sale and Worcester who have not been weakened by call ups and it's also two home matches, is it being home fixtures a help over the season or a hindrance, our full squad can certainly win away at their places!
When all said and done we are playing teams at the wrong end of the table on our own patch. And that coming of the back of a good run with our second and third strings showing up well. Easy, no. But I see no reason not to be confident.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ourla wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:12 am
BFG wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:37 pm How the fixture list is drawn is often crucial, it's Sale and Worcester who have not been weakened by call ups and it's also two home matches, is it being home fixtures a help over the season or a hindrance, our full squad can certainly win away at their places!
When all said and done we are playing teams at the wrong end of the table on our own patch. And that coming of the back of a good run with our second and third strings showing up well. Easy, no. But I see no reason not to be confident.
Yes agree, some very good players to come in who I think could start any game in normal circumstances anyway!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Scott11 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:39 pm Bonus points are the difference between us and Chiefs being 5 points apart even though we've won and lost the same and finishing 18 points behind them last season despite them only winning 1,yes 1 more game!
Indeed, the (my opinion) 4 try bonus points that Tigers have left on the field are starting to look a bit more significant now aren't they?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Scott11 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:09 pm Bateman
Young's
Cilliers
Kitchener
Barrow
Wells
Evans
BOC
Harrison
Ford
Malouf
Smith
Tait
Thompstone
Worth
I think that's about right, bar maybe Wells. I think the indicator is who was in the squad last Friday (except Thompstone, who needed the game time). Williams at 6 I suspect. If Owen fit maybe a shuffling of Smith/Tait/Worth (I think it's still a long term gain to give Worth game time in these two rounds).
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Genge back for the weekend, obviously still behind Marler in Jones mind
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mark62 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 pm Genge back for the weekend, obviously still behind Marler in Jones mind
England's loss - inexplicable in my mind - is most definitely our gain!

(Luke Pearce is 'Sir' this weekend at WR)

Gloucester will be thrilled that the Fezheads have George Kruis, Nick Iziekwe and Alex Lozowski back in the fold!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Crowson predicting more ‘very good news’ about the team for Sale (other than Ellis’ likely return to the starting line up). What can it be? Williams? Fitz? MT????
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Grimlish wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 pm Crowson predicting more ‘very good news’ about the team for Sale (other than Ellis’ likely return to the starting line up). What can it be? Williams? Fitz? MT????
Hamilton released by the Scots maybe, possibly a couple of our Tongan contingent returning
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

In fairness, Martin Crowson only promising more news, not more very good news.

He does talk about Toomua and Manu being back for Munster though
Less is more....
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

apologies, later tweet says Very - should have read on.....

Wonder what / who??
Less is more....
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

OK -3rd attempt

The initial tweet talked Genge - he then said more news to follow, some of which is very good news which referred to Manu and Toomua !!

at last...
Less is more....
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... 775671.amp

Fitzgerald, Williams and Owen may be available for Sale game.
Toomua and manu for munster as mentioned