Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5224
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by WhitecapTiger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:18 pm

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: Coalville

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by Coops » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:01 pm

Good news that he is coming back.

What was his role at Saints?

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5224
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am
Location: Roaming

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by WhitecapTiger » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:19 pm

Coops wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:01 pm
Good news that he is coming back.

What was his role at Saints?
https://www.premiershiprugby.com/2017-2 ... september/

"Hare has been at Franklin’s Gardens since January 2010 overseeing the club’s Academy system and helping recruit new players to the club."
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4703
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by sapajo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:27 pm

Left Tigers for Saints as a talent hunter and now comes back to us on the same role after they part company. Some may say that news is good for us, I however believe you should not return to previous job in your career it's not healthy!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 9091
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by RagingBull » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:45 pm

sapajo wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:27 pm
Left Tigers for Saints as a talent hunter and now comes back to us on the same role after they part company. Some may say that news is good for us, I however believe you should not return to previous job in your career it's not healthy!

Would you say that to Ford and MOC?

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4703
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by sapajo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Yes as there are always exceptions to any rule.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4067
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by strawclearer » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:31 pm

As an opposing full-back in the same year group, I'm pretty sure I played against him at least once in a school match. When he had the ball, I wasn't in the same postcode. Despite my best attempts at avoiding the damn thing, when I had the ball - he clobbered me.

We played his school at cricket too. I'll bet he was the swine who kept bowling me.

Harrumph.

Welcome back, Dusty! Now...if you could bring Lawes with you............
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7168
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by tigerburnie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:33 pm

Nice bloke, glad he's back.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.

dunc
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 am

Dusty Hare

Post by dunc » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Last month: Dusty Hare left Saints saying "(I am) looking forward to relaxing and watching the game for enjoyment. It’s difficult to know when it’s right to finish, but after a holiday I’ve decided that now is the time to step away,”

This month: Dusty Hare rejoins Tigers

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1752
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm
Location: Gosport

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by Smudge » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:20 pm

What great news. I have known Dusty for nearly 40 years and was gutted when he left, especially to join stains.
He brought great glory to this club and is one of my all time favourites.
Welcome back old friend you have been greatly missed.
A life long Tiger

sapajo
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4703
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Dusty Hare

Post by sapajo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:51 pm

dunc wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm
Last month: Dusty Hare left Saints saying "(I am) looking forward to relaxing and watching the game for enjoyment. It’s difficult to know when it’s right to finish, but after a holiday I’ve decided that now is the time to step away,”

This month: Dusty Hare rejoins Tigers
Of course it's nothing to do with filthy cash it's because he just wants to come home to his mother club :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity

Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:37 pm
Location: Kenilworth

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by Jeremy Anderson » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:28 pm

Had the pleasure of being hosted by Dusty on the Tigers organised trip for the Lions in SA in 2009. Great to see him back I can only assume the reason he chose to leave Tigers has now disappeared or been consigned to a different role. I am sure Dusty will be using his contacts and skill to unearth a few more rugby gems for us.Great news!
Jez

Only Winners Win!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6585
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Burbage

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by JP14 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Jeremy Anderson wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:28 pm
Had the pleasure of being hosted by Dusty on the Tigers organised trip for the Lions in SA in 2009. Great to see him back I can only assume the reason he chose to leave Tigers has now disappeared or been consigned to a different role. I am sure Dusty will be using his contacts and skill to unearth a few more rugby gems for us.Great news!
He fell out with the board I believe back in 2010 and Saints pounced offering a lot of money
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3678
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Brings a tear to the eye....must be a bit Dusty

Post by TigerCam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:46 pm

JP14 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 pm
Jeremy Anderson wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:28 pm
Had the pleasure of being hosted by Dusty on the Tigers organised trip for the Lions in SA in 2009. Great to see him back I can only assume the reason he chose to leave Tigers has now disappeared or been consigned to a different role. I am sure Dusty will be using his contacts and skill to unearth a few more rugby gems for us.Great news!
He fell out with the board I believe back in 2010 and Saints pounced offering a lot of money
That's what I heard? Someone peed him off. Glad he is back. Geordian got his drinking pal back in the fold?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dokie, Downsouth, Robespierre, Wayne Richardson Fan Club and 2 guests