Luke Hamilton

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Luke Hamilton

Post by strawclearer »

From the Tigers website: "Luke Hamilton has been named in the Scotland squad for the upcoming autumn internationals."

Totally deserved - well done, Luke! :smt038
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Luke Hamilton

Post by WhitecapTiger »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:22 am From the Tigers website: "Luke Hamilton has been named in the Scotland squad for the upcoming autumn internationals."

Had me :smt017 :smt017 for a minute, was sure he was welsh but qualifies for Scotland via his Father.

Well deserved indeed, but another potential cog missing....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

With Hardie on the naughty step, it's not surprising if they're looking elsewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41700660
Last edited by loretta on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

This is actually good news for us, If he had chose to play for Wales it would mean he would have to leave after 2019 to play for a Welsh region
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Gutted if we lose him in November. He's been key to our form this season.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

westwinds31 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:48 am Gutted if we lose him in November. He's been key to our form this season.
He will indeed be a loss as he is playing exceptionally well at the moment but except for Bath the November fixtures are relatively 'easy' so hopefully we can get through this period with some hope of success. There are certain advantages in signing good overseas players :smt003
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I wouldn't imagine he'll be picked for All Blacks or Wallabies matches and Samoa match is on an Anglo Welsh weekend.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:22 am From the Tigers website: "Luke Hamilton has been named in the Scotland squad for the upcoming autumn internationals."

Well deserved, and how good to see Tigers developing players again.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Fair play to him!
He has done quite well at 7 and I would imagine some fresh input could go a long way to helping him get even better which would be good for everyone all round!
The day Tigers have as many regular internationals as Sarries is the day they will be challenging as equals, and potentially that isn't as far off now!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BFG wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:37 pm
The day Tigers have as many regular internationals as Sarries is the day they will be challenging as equals, and potentially that isn't as far off now!
I think you're confusing 'potential' with 'reality' there mate....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Roly wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:40 pm
BFG wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:37 pm
I think you're confusing 'potential' with 'reality' there mate....
Not confusing it but mixing it, funny, dreams tend to be realised like that!
The confused one's are at the other end of the table! :smt003
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

BFG wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:37 pm Fair play to him!
He has done quite well at 7 and I would imagine some fresh input could go a long way to helping him get even better which would be good for everyone all round!
Well said! I suspect it's also the case that, all other things (like £) being equal, a club with a good showing on the international front - particularly with 'developed' talent - is likely to attract the best up-and-coming players.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:54 pm
BFG wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:37 pm Fair play to him!
Well said! I suspect it's also the case that, all other things (like £) being equal, a club with a good showing on the international front - particularly with 'developed' talent - is likely to attract the best up-and-coming players.
Yes agree, Hamilton will no doubt pass on his new experiences to others which is important!
I really like Hamilton's story!
It is well documented I dislike the academy bubble immensely, IMO it lacks character these days!
And I take my hat off to anyone who survives the lower divisions in France!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Congratulations to Luke - the call up is well deserved as his form both last season and this has been excellent, whichever back row position he's covered. :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Absolutely deserved, played extremely well at 6,7 or 8 and our Mr Consistency of the forward pack.

We will miss him in November and again with the call up of Mapapalangi and Kalamafoni means that Fred Tuilagi Jr is probably going to be wearing 8 in the AWC
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni