Luke Hamilton

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Luke Hamilton

Post by WhitecapTiger »

JP14 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:15 pm Absolutely deserved, played extremely well at 6,7 or 8 and our Mr Consistency of the forward pack.

We will miss him in November and again with the call up of Mapapalangi and Kalamafoni means that Fred Tuilagi Jr is probably going to be wearing 8 in the AWC
Not necessarily a bad thing though, FT, and other fringe/development players need game time at some point, ideal opportunity IMO.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:15 pm Absolutely deserved, played extremely well at 6,7 or 8 and our Mr Consistency of the forward pack.

We will miss him in November and again with the call up of Mapapalangi and Kalamafoni means that Fred Tuilagi Jr is probably going to be wearing 8 in the AWC
Not necessarily a bad thing though, FT, and other fringe/development players need game time at some point, ideal opportunity IMO.
Yes exactly, I want FT to play, unlike other members on this forum, I thought he was good during preseason and in the Wasps A League game was consistent, certainly deserves a shot and could be late developer (like George and Kruis at Sarries).
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

With all the internationals gone for Autumn
this would be my AWC team to take on Gloucester
1. Greg Bateman
2. George McGuigan
3. Pat Cilliers
4. Harry Wells
5. Joe Makysmiw
6. Mike Williams
7. Will Evans
8. Fred Tuilagi Jr
9. Ben White
10. Joe Ford
11. Jonah Holmes
12. Charlie Thacker
13. Gareth Owen/Tait if injured
14. Adam Thompstone
15. George Worth
16. Harry Thacker
17. Kyle Traynor
18. Chris Baumann/Ben Betts
19. Sam Bailey
20. Tommy Reffell
21. Harry Simmons
22. Tom Hardwick
23. Matt Smith
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Whilst I was impressed with Bailey when he played for Dev XV won't he be playing for Loughborough Uni at weekends? Isn't that his "primary" club unlike some of the Academy players who also play for Loughborough.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Fred Tuilagi certainly deserves his chance in the Anglo Welsh although I think he is too young to be classed as a late developer, he could b on schedule to being a significant back row player in the next couple of years. One player not included on JP14's list is George Catchpole who I rate as a good player, he has been very unlucky with illness and injury throughout his career and this could be a make or break season for him.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'd fill the AWC side with younger blokes, time to sort out the wheat from the chaff!
Players like Hamilton, and Genge, are an example of what can be found to develop.
Some of the players here have been around for several years and done not nearly enough to warrant retaining over what you can potentially go out and find.
If they put their hands up for more development then great, but don't continue to carry them in this competition with an overly experienced side as happened last season.
I'd rather find out and lose than win and continue to be uncertain, it's better for everyone to know, only then can everyone move forward!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

great news for Luke, hopefully Evens can get a few 80 mins under his belt while he's away
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:05 am Fred Tuilagi certainly deserves his chance in the Anglo Welsh although I think he is too young to be classed as a late developer, he could b on schedule to being a significant back row player in the next couple of years. One player not included on JP14's list is George Catchpole who I rate as a good player, he has been very unlucky with illness and injury throughout his career and this could be a make or break season for him.
Oh yeah forgot about Catchpole, he should be there instead of Tait.
If Tait is not there then I think Will Evans can fill the void easily
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:50 pm I'd fill the AWC side with younger blokes, time to sort out the wheat from the chaff!
Players like Hamilton, and Genge, are an example of what can be found to develop.
Some of the players here have been around for several years and done not nearly enough to warrant retaining over what you can potentially go out and find.
If they put their hands up for more development then great, but don't continue to carry them in this competition with an overly experienced side as happened last season.
I'd rather find out and lose than win and continue to be uncertain, it's better for everyone to know, only then can everyone move forward!
All very well BFG but I still want Tigers to win again these season but with a more developmental side than last years
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:34 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:50 pm I'd fill the AWC side with younger blokes, time to sort out the wheat from the chaff!
All very well BFG but I still want Tigers to win again these season but with a more developmental side than last years
I want to win but don't fear losing!
I guess it's a question of risk, well that and the regular backlash of negatives at a loss!
How much are you prepared to gamble, high risk can be high reward, but it can also be high loss!
The safe gambler never wins big!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Stu_F wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:20 am Whilst I was impressed with Bailey when he played for Dev XV won't he be playing for Loughborough Uni at weekends? Isn't that his "primary" club unlike some of the Academy players who also play for Loughborough.
Maybe I don't know all the details over the deal between Loughborough Uni and Tigers, might only extend to A League games but it's a possibility we could see him in the AWC
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:06 pm
I guess it's a question of risk, well that and the regular backlash of negatives at a loss!
How much are you prepared to gamble, high risk can be high reward, but it can also be high loss!
I wouldn't exactly called the AWC a very high risk but I get your point
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:06 pm

I wouldn't exactly called the AWC a very high risk but I get your point
No the AWC shouldn't be high risk at all, but a loss of any sort always seems to be pounced upon by the vultures!
Leicester certainly should not fear losing to develop because of the vultures or IMO they'll be held back by that fear!
Sometimes it goes to plan and sometimes not, it's the same for all, if it goes to plan then great, if not then everyone is clear on what needs to be done!
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

BFG wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:37 pm Fair play to him!
He has done quite well at 7 and I would imagine some fresh input could go a long way to helping him get even better which would be good for everyone all round!
The day Tigers have as many regular internationals as Sarries is the day they will be challenging as equals, and potentially that isn't as far off now!
It's always good to compare, and Sarries currently have pretty much as many home grown internationals as we do, but I am struggling to think of many who have been brought in to Sarries as non-internationals and have been developed into internationals like Hamilton.

I am sure someone will enlighten me ...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Itoje, Farrell, Kruis, George, Isiekwe all went through the Academy before being internationals, who do you mean nto playing for age-group sides and making a national debut at senior level