Tigers vs Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Tigers vs Falcons

Post by MikeR »

Having been at Kingston Park watching the game I can tell you that it seemed much , much closer than the final score suggests . For 20 mins either side of half time we were second best with Socino shreading our centres at will - Ford was the difference between the sides - his calmness and control was outstanding . Lineout was miles better - I don't think Kitch lost one ! . Travel in Newcastle without the Metro was a bit of a shambles but a rare Tigers win up there was worth it .
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

MikeR wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:58 pm Having been at Kingston Park watching the game I can tell you that it seemed much , much closer than the final score suggests . For 20 mins either side of half time we were second best with Socino shreading our centres at will - Ford was the difference between the sides - his calmness and control was outstanding . Lineout was miles better - I don't think Kitch lost one ! . Travel in Newcastle without the Metro was a bit of a shambles but a rare Tigers win up there was worth it .
Is the Metro not running?
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Roly - the Metro was out of action all day Sunday due to a Major Power failure . No alternative transport laid on by either Metro or the Newcastle Club and locals very disgruntled - I don't think it was a one off from all the moaning .
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:48 am
Robespierre wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 am
Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:25 pm Two old Tigers putting the nail in the Bath coffin. Nice feeling. Posh Richard and I partook of a nice Fronton.
A Rémy and now "a nice Fronton"!! Steady, Dai!
All done in the best possible taste.
Reminds me of Kenny Everett!!!
Semper in excretia
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Try of the week

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ve ... f-the-week

Time to vote for Veainu
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

drc_007 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:31 pm Try of the week

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ve ... f-the-week

Time to vote for Veainu
As good as the TV try was I think it has to go to Gloucester this week.

Vision, angle and a fab, falling offload out the back against the direction of play by the tighthead John Afoa.

For the Sarries try Wyles should be shot for carrying the ball in the wrong arm - no change for the hand off if you don't switch the ball over!
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Rare? Didn't we win up there last season after a shocking performance by JPD in not giving Newcastle two blatant penalties late on and a chance to win the game?
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Just watched the match back on the premiership website, it seems much the same as last week blew them away in the 1st half then seem to take the foot of the gas and just go to one up running and all the backs play was very lateral, players just drifting with taut and smith knowing there just going to pass it on, taking the space out wide. Although fords game control looks like an international fly half, o’conner Great over the break down. I know all the plaudits were going to vienu but I thought Malouf was probably the best back on the day a number of cut out tackles in our 22 stopping their overlap, also his kick chance rarely misses a tackle and also useful in the ruck he seems to be improving week on week.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I have to agree with the comments regarding Smith and Tait - no go forward in attack , just ship the ball on . I know that they are just filling in for Toomua and Manu but they are pretty inneffective . I would try Maloof at outside centre now that Thompstone is fit again .
Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Timmers »

Tait was brought in at 12 for one reason which was to provide quick ball wide. He has quicker and more accurate passing execution than all other options at 12 and we have arguably the best finishes in the league at present in Veainu and May so it was a strategy that worked for the 2nd week running.
As I’ve said previously we need alternative options longer term that have the physicality to get over the gain line. Manu and Owen would provide that but in the interim Tait and smith did a decent job. Not sure malouf has the positional experience to move to 13.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Timmers wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:40 pm Tait was brought in at 12 for one reason which was to provide quick ball wide. He has quicker and more accurate passing execution than all other options at 12 and we have arguably the best finishes in the league at present in Veainu and May so it was a strategy that worked for the 2nd week running.
As I’ve said previously we need alternative options longer term that have the physicality to get over the gain line. Manu and Owen would provide that but in the interim Tait and smith did a decent job. Not sure malouf has the positional experience to move to 13.
Perhaps we could play Malouf at 13 off the bench in the AWC to get him some experience there. It was noticeable that against Castres once we had lost Owen and Toomua the backline lined up as follows Youngs and Ford half backs, wingers May and Veainu, full back Joe Ford and centres Tait and Malouf.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

...and Telusa Veainu wins Aviva Premiership Try of the Week! :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives