Tigers vs Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Falcons

Post by kpj tiger »

Shame about the bonus point again, but that was a great result, thought George Ford was immense
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Great win but should have got the TBP again!

Sets us up nicely for the AWC.
Soggypitch
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Not a bad day for ex-Tigers aswell, 85th minute try by Ed Slater converted by Owen Williams for a 22-21 Glaws win.
A citizen of hope and glory
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

More good news. Glos just beat Barf 22 - 21. Means we are third in the table. :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Only following online commentary so maybe harsh but sounds like lots of possesion not turned into a TBP again, lack of killer instinct maybe?

Throwing it away in the final throes of attacks then trying too hard when time is running out.

However, a convincing win away against a team above you in the league who have been playing well cannot be sniffed at.

Onwards!
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Superb result
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Whoo Hoo!! given the returning players for the Falcons I did have a very minute niggling doubt that the Tigers would come away with a win? However, the boys obviously did very well having to re-shuffle the centre pairing. Can't wait for the game to be available on PremTV!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I listened to game on BBC Local Newcastle radio, their main commentator was so biased against us, every tackle late, every tackle high, we were always off side, Jonny May in front of kicker for his try, ridiculous bias, its a good job his Assistant was there to continually correct him and put a more balanced point of view, well done to him!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

On a day when I'd have snatched your hands off for an LBP. I'll take the win. A nice victory Remy is going down well. Well played lads.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 pm On a day when I'd have snatched your hands off for an LBP. I'll take the win. A nice victory Remy is going down well. Well played lads.
Completely agree. Having lost our first 2 games, to get a convincing win up there is fantastic. The lack of a tbp is unfortunate but for people to be complaining is deluded.
Anglo Welsh and international window to get players back and refreshed and then back at it.

As an aside as we were playing our 4th and 5th choice centres today how did Tait and Dossers lad do
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

A great away result, from the sounds of it disappointing we didn’t get a TBP but onwards and upwards, let’s see some players rested for next week’s AWC game against Glaws
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

But also good to see we can play well without Toomua
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:00 pm More good news. Glos just beat Barf 22 - 21. Means we are third in the table. :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Is this the first time we have been 3rd in the table for the first time in ages?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Watched via a stream, we played well. Goneva was his usual frustrating enigmatic self. I reckon if Toomua had played Goneva wouldn't have scored!
We deserved the win, and somehow coughed when the bonus point was begging! Never mind as others have said would definitely have taken the win if offered before the game!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:17 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 pm On a day when I'd have snatched your hands off for an LBP. I'll take the win. A nice victory Remy is going down well. Well played lads.
Completely agree. Having lost our first 2 games, to get a convincing win up there is fantastic. The lack of a tbp is unfortunate but for people to be complaining is deluded.
Anglo Welsh and international window to get players back and refreshed and then back at it.

As an aside as we were playing our 4th and 5th choice centres today how did Tait and Dossers lad do
Smith and Tait did alright.
Falcons looked very dangerous both through the middle and out wide, Leicester managed it all quite well, Falcons made quite a few errors, some forced and some not.
Leicester played well but Veaniu and Ford were outstanding and presently in attack it's all about getting it wide as quickly as possible.
Leicester should've taken the bonus point near the end, they had a beaten Falcons team under pressure and let it slip with some poor forward play getting wrapped up carrying in far too weak, however if that is all there is to complain about from an away match against a very good side then it's not worth dwelling over as I'm pretty sure the coach will correct the ability of the squad to finish off in that area as soon as time allows!
Last edited by BFG on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.