Tigers v Castres

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Robespierre » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Next week's match isn't simply a "must win", the winning bonus point is essential - and nothing for Castres. Munster can feel pleased to go home with 2 points which gives them an immediate advantage over Tigers .
Semper in excreta

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3608
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by strawclearer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:03 pm
Next week's match isn't simply a "must win", the winning bonus point is essential - and nothing for Castres. Munster can feel pleased to go home with 2 points which gives them an immediate advantage over Tigers .
I'm not sure it does. If Castres is the best chance for an away win, we still have that opportunity.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 829
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Scott11 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Correct Robes! Get a TBP next week and an LBP at TP and its in our hands. 2/3 games are then at home,win both of them and win at Castres who will probably already be our then 19 points should win the group but even though I'm.contradicting myself should easily be enough to get a best loser spot. So come on Tigers,big performance needed next week!

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Mark62 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:15 pm

It will be interesting to see what side Castres put out next week, some of their big players had a hard 80 minutes this afternoon.

Racing will quietly fancy getting something in Munster next week, especially if Munsters problems persist at 2nd row

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Robespierre » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Let's not even think too much of the away match in Castres- yet! (Although I must admit that I am as I'll be going!) as there are another three matches to play before then that need winning!
Semper in excreta

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by ellis9 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:30 pm

I think the table will look like this after 6 rounds:

Leicester - 19
Munster - 17
Racing 92 - 16
Castres - 4

voice of the crumbie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:25 pm
Location: coalville

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by voice of the crumbie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:44 pm

wormus wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:36 am
Noddy555 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 am
Trendy I mostly agree with you except I would try Williams at No, 8 to give Kalamafoni a rest and bring back Crofty at 6.
Noddy you keep on about Tom Croft but he is NOT in the Tigers European squad, as his days of top level rugby are well behind him, hence will not feature in the Castres game, BUT he may well appear at your other plug @ The Tryline Club on Saturday. :hammer:
Another reason TC is not being picked at the moment is the fact that he is, as far as I know, still injured. Perhaps you could ask him, Noddy, next time you see him in the Tryline Club :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Tiglon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Greenwhiteandred wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:53 pm
How the Munster slap down through the ruck wasn't a penalty in the last minute ?
From the replays it had to be either a scrum to Munster or penalty to Castres. The Munster player clearly only touched the scrum half's wrist, not the ball. The ref bottled it as he knew a penalty to Castres gave them the win, and a scrum to Munster gave them the draw. A scrum to Castres kept the game in the balance.

Similarly, the ref in the Saints match just bottled giving Farrell a card, one can only assume because his name is Owen Farrell. I can't see your average non-famous player who isn't on first name terms with the ref getting away with a dump tackle or an elbow to the face...

Some great rugby this weekend, but not exactly the highest of refereeing standards.

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2451
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by BFG » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:53 pm
How the Munster slap down through the ruck wasn't a penalty in the last minute ?
From the replays it had to be either a scrum to Munster or penalty to Castres. The Munster player clearly only touched the scrum half's wrist, not the ball. The ref bottled it as he knew a penalty to Castres gave them the win, and a scrum to Munster gave them the draw. A scrum to Castres kept the game in the balance.

Similarly, the ref in the Saints match just bottled giving Farrell a card, one can only assume because his name is Owen Farrell. I can't see your average non-famous player who isn't on first name terms with the ref getting away with a dump tackle or an elbow to the face...

Some great rugby this weekend, but not exactly the highest of refereeing standards.
LOL card Farrell, are you soft!
Check out the score, says it all!
Leicester have been much better when they show some of what Farrell did, Toomua being the best example so far, Smith also has plenty which is why Tigers are more solid when he plays!

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3608
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by strawclearer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:46 pm

I want 8 tries against Castres so that I can record the game and play it back when I get home on Christmas Eve after watching us play Sarries! Say what you like about the finances/cap - and we do - but that display against Saints was seriously impressive!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Mark62
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2507
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Mark62 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Re Farrell tackle was fine, elbow was dodgy but then Harrison had dropped his arm into Farrells neck when he was on the deck, play on.

Did you see his hit on Lawes later on though :smt027

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Tiglon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 pm

BFG wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:53 pm
How the Munster slap down through the ruck wasn't a penalty in the last minute ?
From the replays it had to be either a scrum to Munster or penalty to Castres. The Munster player clearly only touched the scrum half's wrist, not the ball. The ref bottled it as he knew a penalty to Castres gave them the win, and a scrum to Munster gave them the draw. A scrum to Castres kept the game in the balance.

Similarly, the ref in the Saints match just bottled giving Farrell a card, one can only assume because his name is Owen Farrell. I can't see your average non-famous player who isn't on first name terms with the ref getting away with a dump tackle or an elbow to the face...

Some great rugby this weekend, but not exactly the highest of refereeing standards.
LOL card Farrell, are you soft!
Check out the score, says it all!
Leicester have been much better when they show some of what Farrell did, Toomua being the best example so far, Smith also has plenty which is why Tigers are more solid when he plays!
And there we go with the personal insults again, because you disagree with me. #tigersfamily

BFG
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2451
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by BFG » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 pm
BFG wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm


From the replays it had to be either a scrum to Munster or penalty to Castres. The Munster player clearly only touched the scrum half's wrist, not the ball. The ref bottled it as he knew a penalty to Castres gave them the win, and a scrum to Munster gave them the draw. A scrum to Castres kept the game in the balance.

Similarly, the ref in the Saints match just bottled giving Farrell a card, one can only assume because his name is Owen Farrell. I can't see your average non-famous player who isn't on first name terms with the ref getting away with a dump tackle or an elbow to the face...

Some great rugby this weekend, but not exactly the highest of refereeing standards.
LOL card Farrell, are you soft!
Check out the score, says it all!
Leicester have been much better when they show some of what Farrell did, Toomua being the best example so far, Smith also has plenty which is why Tigers are more solid when he plays!
And there we go with the personal insults again, because you disagree with me. #tigersfamily
Oh dear, sorry no idea on the insult as absolutely no offence intended whatsoever but apologies offered anyway! :smt023

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1271
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: "The Home of the Game!"

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by wormus » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Mark62 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm
Do we know if Pakalani is registered to play in Europe
Yes Pakalani is registered for Europe but Jonah Holmes and Kitto are not registered.
- http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2557
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:30 pm
Location: Lincoln

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Hot_Charlie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:15 am

wormus wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 pm
Mark62 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm
Do we know if Pakalani is registered to play in Europe
Yes Pakalani is registered for Europe but Jonah Holmes and Kitto are not registered.
- http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3
Disappointing for Holmes. It seems his move here may not have been the best perhaps as sadly for him there were several coaching changes and a Jonny May arrival after he was rumoured to be joining.

As for Castres, I'd like to see Owen at 13, but realistically expect the squad to be the same (subject to knocks/injuries) bar the return to the bench of Shazam.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests