Tigers v Castres

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Noddy555 »

Looks a good solid compact team with a strong back line lets hope it can deliver us the 5 points that we need.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:36 pm
Brianf wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 pm
BFG wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:50 pm I get the feeling that this competition is not their priority.
Interesting comment from one of Castres' Coaches, Joe El Abd, on their website...he says (loosely translated!) 'For them (Tigers), the Champions Cup is the biggest competition in the world, that's their benchmark.' Maybe suggests that it isn't for Castres?
I wouldn't get passive though, Tigers need to be hungry and in for this one and have a killer attitude similar to Sarries vs Saints so that they don't get upset by Castres. Look what happened to Quins at home against La Rochelle.
Yes agree there is always a danger that some very hungry players from down the pecking order could spoil the party and I'm sure Leicester will approach the game right.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

With the possible exception of the second row still to sort out, that is pretty much what everyone's been demanding to see. I like the look of the starters and the finishers, great front row and Dan Touhy will add to their worries. Tigers to win at home, should be with a TBP too.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Missed the signing of Jonny Law on the wing. Assume May is injured and we could only borrow a player from some youth team :smt005
Nice pic!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Good to see Mafi back at WR tho'. I really hope he has a bad game :smt002
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Ya beat me to it JG, been out all afternoon, lol.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:47 pm Missed the signing of Jonny Law on the wing. Assume May is injured and we could only borrow a player from some youth team :smt005
Nice pic!
Not sure Jonny Law can play wing though he plays mostly 10 and 9 in the academy. :smt002

Although having Jonny May and Jonny Law in a same team might confuse Bleddyn a fair bit.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

When did Mafi come back to Europe? I want him back

Kitch and Barrow have a lot to prove today as I would have dropped them both personally after poor performances for most of the season. Wells must be :censored: off.

Mapapalangi and Kalamafoni are an interesting choice at 6 and 8 respectively, I think most of us would have them pegged for the opposite position. Maybe they think Map is more explosive so doesn't need the extra space that an 8 often has to work with.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Spicer wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:57 am When did Mafi come back to Europe? I want him back
About 18-24 months after he left us to go back to Australia.
Spicer wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:57 amMapapalangi and Kalamafoni are an interesting choice at 6 and 8 respectively, I think most of us would have them pegged for the opposite position. Maybe they think Map is more explosive so doesn't need the extra space that an 8 often has to work with.
Maybe Kalamafoni is seen as having a bit more control at the back of the scrum? Not sure myself but it's a thought, Papa Tino will get better at that though.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I suspect Joe Ford is the bench selection with the wind forcast.
A lot to ask of an occasional kicker
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

mol2 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:18 am I suspect Joe Ford is the bench selection with the wind forcast.
A lot to ask of an occasional kicker
Kicking will be an absolute lottery in these conditions. Low kicks to the corners will be the order of the day. Hope the lineout holds out
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wow! :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I thought Toomua had destroyed his knee again the way he stayed down but he seems to be relatively alright.

pretty much a complete 40 mins of Rugby, superb stuff and that offload from Mapapalangi ...

only downside for me is the reinjury to Owen's Hamstring
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Tremendous viewing so far. They've clearly squeezed some basketball practice in during the week.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Joe Ford on at 12