Tigers v Castres

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Castres

Post by Robespierre »

Next week's match isn't simply a "must win", the winning bonus point is essential - and nothing for Castres. Munster can feel pleased to go home with 2 points which gives them an immediate advantage over Tigers .
Semper in excretia
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Robespierre wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:03 pm Next week's match isn't simply a "must win", the winning bonus point is essential - and nothing for Castres. Munster can feel pleased to go home with 2 points which gives them an immediate advantage over Tigers .
I'm not sure it does. If Castres is the best chance for an away win, we still have that opportunity.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

Correct Robes! Get a TBP next week and an LBP at TP and its in our hands. 2/3 games are then at home,win both of them and win at Castres who will probably already be our then 19 points should win the group but even though I'm.contradicting myself should easily be enough to get a best loser spot. So come on Tigers,big performance needed next week!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

It will be interesting to see what side Castres put out next week, some of their big players had a hard 80 minutes this afternoon.

Racing will quietly fancy getting something in Munster next week, especially if Munsters problems persist at 2nd row
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Let's not even think too much of the away match in Castres- yet! (Although I must admit that I am as I'll be going!) as there are another three matches to play before then that need winning!
Semper in excretia
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I think the table will look like this after 6 rounds:

Leicester - 19
Munster - 17
Racing 92 - 16
Castres - 4
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

wormus wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:36 am
Noddy555 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:27 am Trendy I mostly agree with you except I would try Williams at No, 8 to give Kalamafoni a rest and bring back Crofty at 6.
Noddy you keep on about Tom Croft but he is NOT in the Tigers European squad, as his days of top level rugby are well behind him, hence will not feature in the Castres game, BUT he may well appear at your other plug @ The Tryline Club on Saturday. :hammer:
Another reason TC is not being picked at the moment is the fact that he is, as far as I know, still injured. Perhaps you could ask him, Noddy, next time you see him in the Tryline Club :smt003
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:53 pm How the Munster slap down through the ruck wasn't a penalty in the last minute ?
From the replays it had to be either a scrum to Munster or penalty to Castres. The Munster player clearly only touched the scrum half's wrist, not the ball. The ref bottled it as he knew a penalty to Castres gave them the win, and a scrum to Munster gave them the draw. A scrum to Castres kept the game in the balance.

Similarly, the ref in the Saints match just bottled giving Farrell a card, one can only assume because his name is Owen Farrell. I can't see your average non-famous player who isn't on first name terms with the ref getting away with a dump tackle or an elbow to the face...

Some great rugby this weekend, but not exactly the highest of refereeing standards.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:47 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:53 pm How the Munster slap down through the ruck wasn't a penalty in the last minute ?
From the replays it had to be either a scrum to Munster or penalty to Castres. The Munster player clearly only touched the scrum half's wrist, not the ball. The ref bottled it as he knew a penalty to Castres gave them the win, and a scrum to Munster gave them the draw. A scrum to Castres kept the game in the balance.

Similarly, the ref in the Saints match just bottled giving Farrell a card, one can only assume because his name is Owen Farrell. I can't see your average non-famous player who isn't on first name terms with the ref getting away with a dump tackle or an elbow to the face...

Some great rugby this weekend, but not exactly the highest of refereeing standards.
LOL card Farrell, are you soft!
Check out the score, says it all!
Leicester have been much better when they show some of what Farrell did, Toomua being the best example so far, Smith also has plenty which is why Tigers are more solid when he plays!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I want 8 tries against Castres so that I can record the game and play it back when I get home on Christmas Eve after watching us play Sarries! Say what you like about the finances/cap - and we do - but that display against Saints was seriously impressive!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Re Farrell tackle was fine, elbow was dodgy but then Harrison had dropped his arm into Farrells neck when he was on the deck, play on.

Did you see his hit on Lawes later on though :smt027
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

BFG wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 pm

Leicester have been much better when they show some of what Farrell did, Toomua being the best example so far, Smith also has plenty which is why Tigers are more solid when he plays!
And there we go with the personal insults again, because you disagree with me. #tigersfamily
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 pm
BFG wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:23 pm

And there we go with the personal insults again, because you disagree with me. #tigersfamily
Oh dear, sorry no idea on the insult as absolutely no offence intended whatsoever but apologies offered anyway! :smt023
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm Do we know if Pakalani is registered to play in Europe
Yes Pakalani is registered for Europe but Jonah Holmes and Kitto are not registered.
- http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

wormus wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm Do we know if Pakalani is registered to play in Europe
Yes Pakalani is registered for Europe but Jonah Holmes and Kitto are not registered.
- http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3
Disappointing for Holmes. It seems his move here may not have been the best perhaps as sadly for him there were several coaching changes and a Jonny May arrival after he was rumoured to be joining.

As for Castres, I'd like to see Owen at 13, but realistically expect the squad to be the same (subject to knocks/injuries) bar the return to the bench of Shazam.