Racing 92 vs. Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Racing 92 vs. Tigers

Post by TigerCam »

ourla wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:04 pm Leicester Tigers (v Racing 92, away, Saturday 4.15pm local time/3.15pm UK time)

15 Telusa Veainu
14 Nick Malouf
13 Matt Smith
12 Matt Toomua
11 Jonny May
10 George Ford
9 Ben Youngs
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Luke Hamilton
8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Greg Bateman
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Dan Tuohy
20 Brendon O’Connor
21 Ben White
22 Joe Ford
23 Mathew Tait
I guess Owen must be crocked? I would have thought he would be a bigger threat than Smithy at 13?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
MrG
Tiger Cub

Post by MrG »

Surprised to see Kitch in over Tuohy and also BOC on the bench if his hamstring pings after he comes on we're up it without a paddle. Thought he would either start or not be in the 23 at all. But what do I know come on Tiiigggggeerss
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes really disappointing there is no Owen in the 23, he had a great debut last week.

Otherwise a good looking team.
Soggypitch
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

MOC probably going for the steadier head of Smith, him and Toomua have been a rock in defense.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

15Juan Imhoff
14Teddy Thomas
13Virimi Vakatawa
12Henry Chavancy
11Joe Rokocoko
10Remi Tales
9Teddy Iribaren
1Viliamu Afatia
2Dimitri Szarzewski (capt)
3Census Johnston
4Bernard Le Roux
5Leone Nakarawa
6Wenceslas Laure
7Baptiste Chouzenoux
8Yannick Nyanga

16Camille Chat17Eddy Ben Arous18Cedate Gomes Sa19Manuel Carizza20Edwin Maka21Maxime Machenaud22Patrick LAMBIE23Anthony Tuitavke

Lambie on the bench
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Owen played what 70 mins against the bottom table not sure how that would put him ahead of Smith who has do a steady job at 13.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Owen got a bit over excited with his off the ball tip tackle last week against Irish. I'd go for the reliable option of Matt Smith who does contrary to popular belief make a break or two as well.
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Tigers without graham kitchener this season played 4 won 4
Tigers with graham kitchener played 2 lost 2
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Guess Shazzam didn't get through the protocols; thought Tuohy would get the nod over Kitch and that Mapapalangi would bench. Hopefully, Luke Hamilton has had his one poor game for the season and I do think he's better when he starts. Would have expected Owen to be on the bench instead of Joe Ford - we have 10 cover with Toomua. Assume Logo not ready but not disappointed with Cilliers.

As anticipated at the start of this thread - no Carter! We can win this!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Would have thought George McGuigan had done enough to start ahead of OTY. Similarly I cannot understand the logic of Harry Wells not being involved when he's been our best lock this season IMO; and I simply don't understand the logic of throwing a player who has been out injured for 4 weeks straight into the fire away in France, especially a player who's been bang average this season. I'd understand Tuohy starting with Wells on the bench but Kitch has left me scratching my head.

Equally where is Mapalangi or Will Evans? Both haven't featured much I grant you but have put in quality performances when they've been seen.

Our forwards still terrify me but for all the wrong reasons. Is there any news on this forwards coach?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

TTRITH wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:36 pm Would have thought George McGuigan had done enough to start ahead of OTY. Similarly I cannot understand the logic of Harry Wells not being involved when he's been our best lock this season IMO; and I simply don't understand the logic of throwing a player who has been out injured for 4 weeks straight into the fire away in France, especially a player who's been bang average this season. I'd understand Tuohy starting with Wells on the bench but Kitch has left me scratching my head.

Equally where is Mapalangi or Will Evans? Both haven't featured much I grant you but have put in quality performances when they've been seen.

Our forwards still terrify me but for all the wrong reasons. Is there any news on this forwards coach?
Kitch does seem to be a MOC favourite, although i'm expecting him to pull out injured before the game
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Good team but feels on the 'safe' side. I get that for a big game like this you'd tend to pick your experienced players, but Kitchener hasn't been one of our best performing locks this season.

Can't argue with the backline but with no O'Connor or Evans in the XV how do we steal any ball at the breakdown?

For the punters out there... interesting that we are shortening all the time. 2/7 Racing, 5/2 Tigers two days ago is now 2/5 and 2/1. Still big underdogs BUT... I'd show the players the film of last year's debacle and challenge the them all to prove how far we've come since and repay those who wasted a weekend last season.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

On his day Kitch is International Class problem is that he hasn't shown any form this season. I too would have gone with Harry Wells at No.5 and am surprised that he's not even in the squad.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Forecast from gypsy Trendylfj and it is free of charge.

The 23 will not be as listed - I say no more just in case someone else is reading my crystal ball but I have seen into the future and there are changes ahead.
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Disappointed not to see Wells, Evans, Mapapalangi or Owen. Kitchener will have to really perform on Saturday he’s not been good this season so far.

Without Carter, Racing are still there for the taking but they have got some dangerous backs, Imhoff and Vakatawa (who I love to watch)

But come on you Tigerssssssss, let’s get a win!!!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni