Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish v Tigers

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:38 am
ourla wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 pm I think everyone is getting a bit fixated with something that is secondary right now. Hear me out. We were all salivating at the start of the season at the prospect of Manu, Toomua, Ford, May cutting up defences across the land. Feeling fairly confident are forwards were a match. And we had our bubble burst a bit those first couple of matches. So I think what is more important is that that we are as it were back on track. Our forwards I have recaptured much of their mojo and the backs have started to show what they can do. And us fans weren't completely living in cloud cuckoo land. We've still quite a bit to work on to "trouble the judge" but as we get better I would expect the BP tally to rise.
I absolutely agree - but that try bonus point was there for the taking on Saturday, and it should have been taken. Come the end of the season, points (can make the job of) making prizes a whole lot easier. Its all relative, if Tigers begin to pick up bonus points that's great, but their nearest rivals are already a match win ahead in terms of the bonuses they've picked up.
You've said you agree and then proceeded to obsess about the TBP which goes against exactly what I was saying.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 am
ourla wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:01 pm I think everyone is getting a bit fixated with something that is secondary right now. Hear me out. We were all salivating at the start of the season at the prospect of Manu, Toomua, Ford, May cutting up defences across the land. Feeling fairly confident are forwards were a match. And we had our bubble burst a bit those first couple of matches. So I think what is more important is that that we are as it were back on track. Our forwards I have recaptured much of their mojo and the backs have started to show what they can do. And us fans weren't completely living in cloud cuckoo land. We've still quite a bit to work on to "trouble the judge" but as we get better I would expect the BP tally to rise.
I absolutely agree - but that try bonus point was there for the taking on Saturday, and it should have been taken. Come the end of the season, points (can make the job of) making prizes a whole lot easier. Its all relative, if Tigers begin to pick up bonus points that's great, but their nearest rivals are already a match win ahead in terms of the bonuses they've picked up.
You've said you agree and then proceeded to obsess about the TBP which goes against exactly what I was saying.
Alright, I don't agree.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

Alright, I don't agree.
Thank heavens for that. My world was all topsy turvey there for a minute. I thought you had a template for each post that started with "I don't agree." anyway?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:24 am
Roly wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am
Alright, I don't agree.
Thank heavens for that. My world was all topsy turvey there for a minute. I thought you had a template for each post that started with "I don't agree." anyway?
If you can find a single post I've written that starts with 'I don't agree', then I will gladly use it as a template. Not sure it will save me much time though, since quite a lot of the 'faithful' on here only seem to work well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Scott11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scott11 »

I agree with Roly,our 1 shocking BP this matching only the bottom team is poor at best. It was the same last season,we lose big and win small the complete opposite of Exeter. BP, losing or try,have a massive bearing on the AP and are hugely important. Exeter 5 more already which a TBP win,they could've even lost one more game and still been ahead of us!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Scott11 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:53 am I agree with Roly,our 1 shocking BP this matching only the bottom team is poor at best. It was the same last season,we lose big and win small the complete opposite of Exeter. BP, losing or try,have a massive bearing on the AP and are hugely important. Exeter 5 more already which a TBP win,they could've even lost one more game and still been ahead of us!
There hasn't been a season so far (I don't think) where bonus points didn't make a big difference to the top four in terms of where they finished. Simply winning isn't enough. Winning is good obviously, but when points are there for the taking, teams have to take them, or be also rans.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please can we keep away from trading personal digs at users. Some posts have been removed.
Please feel free to express your views on the topic whilst respecting the views of others, even if you do not agree.

Thanks

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk