Super User
Super User

Re: London Irish v Tigers

Post by jgriffin »

HIA will have expired by the Racing match according to the commentators
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Not seen all of the game yet but from what I did see, the guys going through the space did not get the assistance they needed. It was as if it was all based on individual performance? When you rotate or because of illness it does allow for more errors. The LI bench was good. Removal of some players early may have contributed to the pressure the Tigers had to soak up? All in all IMO the guys did show some really good stuff, it is all a matter of tidying it up into score rather than missed chances? 4 pts on the road is good enough for me.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:02 pm HIA will have expired by the Racing match according to the commentators
I believe they said that the protocols have to be gone through.
No longer mandatory 3 weeks, each case on its own merit, hopefully both will be ok.

Any clues on what laid yby and Veianu low
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:11 pm
jgriffin wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:02 pm HIA will have expired by the Racing match according to the commentators
No longer mandatory 3 weeks, each case on its own merit, hopefully both will be ok.

Flu I think the commentators said? Certainly TV had about 4 coats on him when he was sat on the bench, looked quite poorly though
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

HantsTiger wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Flu I think the commentators said? Certainly TV had about 4 coats on him when he was sat on the bench, looked quite poorly though
If it's contagious.......... :smt085
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I was just going by the fact Kalimafoni seemed to be knocked out completely.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Thought it was a mixed performance but mainly good, disrupted by injuries and the yellow card.

Hamilton was awful, which is unusual, we need a fit and firing Mike Williams v Racing.

Tait had a good game but I agree Veaniu would have had a field day in the first half in particular. Malouf reticent to challenge for the high ball.

Toomua and Owen excellent. Harrison was brilliant, Steele much better than White - let the wrong one go again!
Soggypitch
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:10 pm Thought it was a mixed performance but mainly good, disrupted by injuries and the yellow card.

Hamilton was awful, which is unusual, we need a fit and firing Mike Williams v Racing.

Tait had a good game but I agree Veaniu would have had a field day in the first half in particular. Malouf reticent to challenge for the high ball.

Toomua and Owen excellent. Harrison was brilliant, Steele much better than White - let the wrong one go again!
White still a teenager, Steele looking for 1st team rugby, really no comparison.
White has probably never trained with Ford as others have said turning point was removal of Khalamafoni and Harrison from the game.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Give Ben White a chance!

I'm sick of these "We let the wrong one go" comments. Pathetic!

Scott Steele would be no where near a starting position nor be challenging with Sam Harrison.

Steele has not stood out one bit since he left us.
Last edited by ellis9 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:10 pm Thought it was a mixed performance but mainly good, disrupted by injuries and the yellow card.

His worst game for us I reckon, not sure why. Best to get it out of the system against LI rather than a Wasps/Sarries.

White had a steady game and let's not forget, he was late into the squad and was probably only expecting the last 10/20 mins depending on the score.

Evans put in a great shift and really looked out on his feet in the last 10. He's bulked up a bit over the summer!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

drc_007 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:06 pm
I was just going by the fact Kalimafoni seemed to be knocked out completely.
He will need show no HEad injury symptons from Monday onwards if hecis to be available next week....same for Harrison!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TheRock

Post by TheRock »

Scott steele is 24
Ben White is 19
Steele is a closer age to Sam Harrison who is 27 and is no where near as good as Harrison.
When Scott Steele left tigers Ben White was 16 hardly a choice between one or the other.

Most the academy players tigers have let go are very average. They just become amazing players when people find out they were let go by tigers. Only ones I would even consider having back are Lewington and maybe Charlie walker.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Lewington is another over rated player by people on here. He's not good enough either.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

What were the commentators saying on BT Sport, Lewington so far has one of the worst defence stats in the premiership, missing 11 tackles! Yeah he sometimes looks good going forwards, but lacks an all round game that Thompstone has.

Same with Steele, nowhere near White. He has been tearing it up in the A League games and just needs to get some confidence in the premiership. Nothing wrong with Tigers having let Steele or Lewington go.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Pointless to argue over what are little more than back up players by Tigers standards, both White and Steele are nothing special IMO.
A shame Youngs and Veaniu pulled out, could've been a five pointer had they been available to play.
Back up players came in and it wasn't perfect but they won away from home, can't ask much than that IMO.
Actually I didn't think Irish were a poor team, they just had some poor individual moments.
Toomua is showing his class in every match now and I do like watching Harrison play, would've been five points had he not had to go off.