LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 2!!

Post by sapajo »

Depends if you believe the official Tigers line that he has an ongoing neck injury or the rumour mill, time will tell.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

TheRock wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:25 pm Apparently Barrow was involved in a punch up in training. Not sure who the other players involved are. Sounds like he's definitely leaving.
If that’s true I think that’s even more reason to hold onto him, we all to about wanting the aggressive brash days of when we had the likes on johno and cockers playing well this is what they did, and at only 24 he is still a young play, everyone on here keep talking about we’ll being a young up and coming 2nd row he’s the same age as barrow so we could have a 2nd row pairing for the next 8 years. Add in a top 2nd row like lawes back up in Williams who’s not a good enough backrow, and lose Fitzgerald and Kitchener.
I does make me wonder how much of the neck injury is really and how much is just moc and the senior players don’t want him around. I’m mean it’s not like the club to lie to the fans “world wide search” “money no object”
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Dom is the guy to build the team around. A natural leader who gives 100% and doesn't take a step backwards. A player not to lose. If he's hit a team mate or two in training that says a lot about him and if he leaves it says even more about the club. Hopefully just a rumour.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rugby paper teasing transfer news relating to Mostert in tomorrow's paper, lets hope its us
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Rumour I heard was sadly he's going Bristol sadly
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Did anyone read today’s TRP transfer rumours?
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

TRP States Barrow might be off to Sale as early as next week...and that we want West back from saints to come and be our forwards coach...if that is true I think I will find it very hard to support that team

MOC & West the answer after worldwide searches with money no object...quite possibly the biggest joke ever
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well if rumours of MOC getting the sack are true then TRP rumours are out of date re coaching.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Surely if MOC gets sacked it categorically means the people that hired him should go...the choices that have been made at this club in the last few years have been nothing but a farce...it’s pretty simple imo get someone in that has current coaching form and worldwide respect and give them the resource they need...Ackerman for example has already done wonders with Gloucester

Ah but no we searched the world and went back to MOC who had his chance at Leinster and failed miserably...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I do not believe Moc will get sacked as it would humiliate those that appointed him and they still whield the power. I think we will just stagger on with the usual standard season ending spin of more jam next season which never comes.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Inside line have tweeted these :
"TRANSFER RUMOUR: Hearing that Dom Barrow may be trying to find a way out of Leicester following squad disagreements. However Tigers board reluctant due to second row shortage"

"RUMOUR: Big news could be due from Leicester in regards to a sacking."
Hehehehehehehehe
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Losin Barrow would suggest to me that all is not well within the players. I heard a wispy rumour of a split - but that's nothing new at Tigers, when you realise the role of players like Back in the downfall of Loffreda, and the divisions in the changing room throughout the Loffreda/Meyer era.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

too early to sack O’Connor and too embarrassing
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I would be appalled if Barrow left . One of the few to show real passion and in my view the best Captain we have at present . People like him , Genge and Wells are the cornerstone of our pack for years to come.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

MikeR wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:46 pm I would be appalled if Barrow left . One of the few to show real passion and in my view the best Captain we have at present . People like him , Genge and Wells are the cornerstone of our pack for years to come.
Barrow, Genge, Wells, Will Evans, Joe Maksymiw, Betts, Fred Tuilagi all need a great Forwards Coach at Club level if they're to fulfil their potential. If we don't provide this.........
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives